Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Associated TC5

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2007, 06:14 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I have no doubt the car designer is infinitely more wise than I, which is why I'm asking, not criticizing. I was under the impression that it's beneficial to keep weight close to the centerline of the chassis. This car appears to be going against that theory. Has AE seen something in their testing that leads them to believe otherwise? If so, it's interesting to contrast that with what's on the horizon for other companies doing quite the opposite, like the new Schumacher and Corally.

There's also the question of balance with future technology like BL and LiPo. The weight bias is quite a bit different with that setup.

I'm not trying to sound critical, I'm really just curious because I think the design process of a touring car is intriguing, and seeing the evolution of a prototype such as this is as close as most of us will ever get to designing a car.
Old 01-11-2007, 06:42 PM
Tech Fanatic

OK AE just keep it coming, the loyal fans are behind you.

JUST BRING IT

Served

Later
Kevin Boyle
Old 01-11-2007, 07:20 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

Well let me first say I don't know everything and I could be completely wrong about the following comments.

One of the reasons for the non-vertical inner ballstuds is that you now have vertical ballstuds in the rear of the car and you always had them in the front of the car as well. You fine adjustments can be made there.

The motor sits like it does because it has its own seperate mounting plate that is attached to the rear bulkhead. At least the ones that I saw and what you seen on here.

The diff outdrives will be new plastic, not like the TC3/4 and will be able to handle modified motors.

The aluminum will be blue.

I couldn't tell for sure but it did look like you could adjust the diff height and belt tension on the car. Key word is it looked like it, I did not ask.

Ok now for the disclaimer part. I am not affliated with Team Associated and I never have been and probably never will be. I took the time to sit down with Bob and discuss it at the Novak race. The information that I have provided might not be correct when the production kit comes out.
Old 01-11-2007, 07:28 PM
Tech Regular

Here are a few things to help you all out! We are making very good progress towards a great setup! Looking foward to snowbirds!!!
As far as balancing goes, the car is light! All steal screws and I had to put a 1/2oz of lead next to the servo and the car felt very balanced(I use a low profile ko servo) and just made weight with a dna body. With the parma I had to add another 1/2 oz.
As for the white outdrives, they are delrin-just protypes.

Hope this helps, Walter
Old 01-11-2007, 07:30 PM
Tech Regular

yep, there are 4 height adjustments for the diffs
Old 01-11-2007, 07:48 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Walter, e-mail me when you get the chance,

[email protected]

Thanks
Alex Sturgeon
Old 01-11-2007, 09:54 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by stuey
hey rick is there any reason on that peak motor the older style end bell is used not the v2 is it beter on the 19t motor also has it got the laydown or standup brush cant remeber if it was the orion element or the peak dynasty with the laydown brushes
I am confident that the V2 endbell is better. But I did not use it for a couple of reasons. First it was not legal for this race. Second, there are fewer brush compound choices. I still think I never geared the motor correctly. It was fast, but not fast enough.

We do have a new 19T motor whioch has been sold in Europe the last month or so. We will have it in the States in about 60 days. Look for Komodo-ish performance.

Surprisingly, Trinity was able to introduce a new non-legal (per Scotty's rules) motor at this race by offering it to the general public through the on-site hobby shop. Had I known about this allowance, I could have had some new Dynasty versions flown in from Europe and sold them in the store. And run one myself.
Old 01-11-2007, 10:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart
We do have a new 19T motor whioch has been sold in Europe the last month or so. We will have it in the States in about 60 days. Look for Komodo-ish performance.
a very quick motor this new version
Old 01-12-2007, 05:28 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I'm SUPER GLAD TC5 is using metric system. Just for that, I WILL BUY ONE!!

But please remember to release asphalt spec for non-US players. I don't want to dremel the chassis to make it flex for asphalt.

Started with TC3FK 3yrs ago, going to back on AE TC5.
Old 01-12-2007, 05:33 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by ttso

But please remember to release asphalt spec for non-US players. I don't want to dremel the chassis to make it flex for asphalt.

Started with TC3FK 3yrs ago, going to back on AE TC5.

ttso,

I think they wil produce the car with asphalt in mind and have the hop ups for the US drivers. That would the best way to market the car. The US drivers normaly race carpet in the winter. but there have been some indoor tracks that race carpet all year round.

Later
Kevin Boyle
Old 01-12-2007, 05:43 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ttso
Just wondering, is it possible that AE actually outsource production of the car to some asian or european vendors ? hence, it is using metric system. I seriously doubt anything made in US will be metric.
Old 01-12-2007, 05:49 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Just in case you don't know, even NASA decide to use metric system on mission to send human back to moon.

It's not a matter of where it made. Factory in non-US territory would do imperial system if design ask for.
Old 01-12-2007, 06:02 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ongbenghui
Just wondering, is it possible that AE actually outsource production of the car to some asian or european vendors ? hence, it is using metric system. I seriously doubt anything made in US will be metric.
Asian is more likely.
Old 01-12-2007, 06:11 AM
Tech Fanatic

OK Guys,

Let get things straight TTR did purchase AE a while back but did not change the way AE developes their cars and their day to day operations. The big impact was how the cars are being produced. TTR is producing the parts for the TC5 and they are overseas. I believe (correct me if I am wrong) but they use metric in their kits, hence the TC5 using metric screws and bearings. Hope that answers the questions.

Tony or Brent please correct me if I am wrong.

Later
Kevin Boyle
Old 01-12-2007, 06:18 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart
I am confident that the V2 endbell is better. But I did not use it for a couple of reasons. First it was not legal for this race. Second, there are fewer brush compound choices. I still think I never geared the motor correctly. It was fast, but not fast enough.

Surprisingly, Trinity was able to introduce a new non-legal (per Scotty's rules) motor at this race by offering it to the general public through the on-site hobby shop. Had I known about this allowance, I could have had some new Dynasty versions flown in from Europe and sold them in the store. And run one myself.
You got a PM

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.