Wiki Posts
Search

Question about Tenergy TB6X4 Charger

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2012, 10:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default Question about Tenergy TB6X4 Charger

Finally have a Life battery for my transmitter. My charger has no settings for Life batteries. I just went ahead and balance charged it on 2S. Did I do the right thing? Funny thing is the batter is a 1850mah and took 2050 on the charge.

Thanx
Old 10-10-2012, 10:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JoePit
Finally have a Life battery for my transmitter. My charger has no settings for Life batteries. I just went ahead and balance charged it on 2S. Did I do the right thing? Funny thing is the batter is a 1850mah and took 2050 on the charge.

Thanx
Are you sure the Charger has no LIFE setting. Usually you goto program settings and change the Lipo voltage and it will then change from Lipo to Life and even Lion I beleive. And did you watch it and stop it before 8.4, Should have been around 7.2 or 7.6 I beleive...
Old 10-10-2012, 11:50 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by trickedout
Are you sure the Charger has no LIFE setting. Usually you goto program settings and change the Lipo voltage and it will then change from Lipo to Life and even Lion I beleive. And did you watch it and stop it before 8.4, Should have been around 7.2 or 7.6 I beleive...
I cycled though all the voltage settings. It just cycles from 7.4 thru 22.2.
Old 10-11-2012, 12:18 AM
Tech Master

I cycled though all the voltage settings. It just cycles from 7.4 thru 22.2.
No no, that's once your already in the lipo mode, if u got back to the previous menu there should be lipo,nimh,save data, load data, user program or something like that. It is in the user program settings.. You will see like mah cutoff timer, beep on or off, then there will be lipo voltage click it and press negative and it will change from lipo to life.
Old 10-11-2012, 06:09 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by trickedout
No no, that's once your already in the lipo mode, if u got back to the previous menu there should be lipo,nimh,save data, load data, user program or something like that. It is in the user program settings.. You will see like mah cutoff timer, beep on or off, then there will be lipo voltage click it and press negative and it will change from lipo to life.
Ok I saw that last night. How silly to have to go through so many steps. Either way I barged it in lipo mode. Think I did any damage?

Thanx for the help.
Old 10-11-2012, 07:43 AM
Tech Master

Ok I saw that last night. How silly to have to go through so many steps. Either way I barged it in lipo mode. Think I did any damage?

Thanx for the help.
If you left it to charger your life to 8.4 volts, you probably did... but If it isnt puffed just test it out and if it seems fine just keep and eye one it for a few runs. a Fully charged Life should be 7.2 volts MAX.
Old 10-11-2012, 08:29 AM
Tech Master

Got it... Once you change the voltage per cell it slips into Life mode. Battery seems fine it's at 6.7 volts according to the transmitter. Can't believe I couldn't figure that out.

Thanks for all your help.