Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree678Likes

FWD TOURING CAR FORUM - Tamiya FF01, FF02, Yokomo YRF-2, Kyosho Mantis FF

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2015, 02:47 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Microtome
I have a VBC FF Twelve and it took months to find one. I was lucky since it was new in the box. Come to think of it, it still is, but I had to post in every region section WTB. And search all of the Asia-Pacific hobby forums with Google translate to find one. And often times when you do they may not be willing to ship to the States. But eventually I did find a great guy in Malaysia who was willing to make it happen. Since I have Wildfires it was the only choice for me. If money is not a concern you could order most of the parts from VBC. Which I had already inquired about when I got the lead I needed. It was $450 or so USD for most of the FF12 Specific parts (about half of the car) the rest I had in spares. But if you had to order from scratch I would make a list and see if VBC will cut you some kind of quantity discount. It's worth a shot.
I asked Dave at VBC racing USA to see if he could get me one. I may just go have to go and get on a plane and go to Thailand. I know some shops I found have a couple of the Huge version but they won't ship to Canada....
Old 05-15-2015, 10:39 PM
Tech Apprentice

FF class only, havent compared the time from 4wd blinky yet, but it might be interesting to see, yes I agree parts will be a problem but a local supplier is bringing the kits in with parts as he gets it trough Team Powers company. VBC is a problem seeing it disontinued the FF12
Old 05-17-2015, 07:56 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Ordered the 3Racing Sakura ff. Only one way to find out is try one.
Old 05-17-2015, 08:11 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

The 2014 or 15? I've got the 14 in my cart at hobbymart, just haven't pulled the trigger yet.
Old 05-19-2015, 02:40 PM
Tech Initiate

Just bought a MTS ff pro can't wait to test it. Also ordered directly spare parts form the producer. Took around 5 days. Will be driving it against 4wd cars in 13.5 blinky mode. I live in Norway, and although 5 days is not immediately, I think it is quite fast. We in general drive tamiya try, and X-ray cars. ( mostly X-ray cars ) they are very good, and when set up right, you really can drive them very aggressively. We use a cry carpet in our club. We usually use sorex 28 tires on the carpet for a great grip. Besides being different and fwd, I must admit from what I have read and what I have seen online the qualety of this car seems really up there. The Sakura that cost the exact same price seems also good, but I read there can be troubles with the gears on the kit. I have ordered this kit from rcmart and I hope I will get it within a few days now. The spare parts from the factory arrived today. Very pleased with their service.
Old 05-19-2015, 02:43 PM
Tech Master

I am ordering a MTS FF pro in the next few days. post pics of yours when you get it. I am glad to hear you could get parts it was the thing holding me back. I hate having a car with no parts support, and having to modify other make parts to fit.
Old 05-19-2015, 03:26 PM
Tech Initiate

Yes I will take some picture of it. What I did was I sent the manifacurar a email asking them for parts.mthey really have. Avery good part tree. It looks very much like the Xray part tree. Anyway. I wrote them a email with the extra part I wanted. They provided me with a email containing their PayPal details. I payed. And it took a day or two before I heard from the, that they have sent the parts and they provided me with a tracking number. They was faster to send the exstra parts then what it takes rc mart to send the rc kit to me but I hope tomorrow or the day after I will have it. I will then take some pictures.
Old 05-19-2015, 10:02 PM
Tech Master

Ok for the guys that race these, what are you running for oil in the front diff? Or are running a spool?
Old 05-19-2015, 10:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Totarx
Yes I will take some picture of it. What I did was I sent the manifacurar a email asking them for parts.mthey really have. Avery good part tree. It looks very much like the Xray part tree. Anyway. I wrote them a email with the extra part I wanted. They provided me with a email containing their PayPal details. I payed. And it took a day or two before I heard from the, that they have sent the parts and they provided me with a tracking number. They was faster to send the exstra parts then what it takes rc mart to send the rc kit to me but I hope tomorrow or the day after I will have it. I will then take some pictures.
Its good to hear they are helpful with parts support... might swing my decision when buying time comes
Old 05-20-2015, 05:43 AM
Tech Initiate

As promised. I got the car today. But i made a small video to show how it looks
www youtube.com/watch?v=1pIGNc5cJMI
Old 05-20-2015, 07:48 AM
Tech Master

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Embedded your video for you.
Old 05-20-2015, 08:09 AM
Tech Master

Wow fully assembled, didn't expect that. Really cool but a pain you have to disassemble to finish the chassis edges. Won't deter me though ordering mine today.
Old 05-20-2015, 08:11 AM
Tech Master

Totarx what does the bare chassis weigh?
Old 05-20-2015, 08:33 AM
Tech Initiate

patorz31 : I am not sure. I will try to get this answer to you tomorrow or the day after. I sadly do not have a scale at home. I will need to go to my club and borrow one there. I am going over the car gluing it now. I will be able to bring it to the track within a few days. ( indoor carpet track ) I will then take some video of it driving. One thing extra i have noticed on the car. I am not sure what you call lipo batteries that are a little swollen, but i have a lipo battery that is just a little swollen, and there is no way for me to fit it in. It really is a very very tight fit with the battery. I am considering looking into shimming the top deck 1mm upwards. Or maybe take out a screw in the center to give me that little flex i need to fit my battery Or else i need to get brand new batteries. Of course i do not recommend driving or owning any type of swollen batteries. Il post more as i find out things
Old 05-20-2015, 11:14 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Maybe new LRP LCG lipo would be useful ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.