Community
Wiki Posts
Search

I need a good RTR Truggy.

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2008, 03:40 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

I will want an Associated truggy when it comes out but I'm not going to wait for them to come out with one.I should stay away from any truggy because I see nothing but upgrades and kits in my future if I enjoy racing them as much as I do my electric vehicles that I'm in the process of downsizing right now.It always starts with a basic RTR then a person just goes nuts with kits,LiPos and brushless systems and working more just to buy more RC stuff.Man it is fun,this is how RC can be positive for your carreer as I used to leave work early quite abit if we were slow but now I just do anything to get hours in and now I think that the boss likes me more because I'm not hunting him down all of the to let him know that I'm leaving early and he gives me all of these quick kill projects to improve the work area now.
Old 04-07-2008, 04:46 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

go with the losi t or the muggy they are both race worthy and they come ready to rip right out of the box they are both great i have the muggy and wanting the 8t but ill never get rid of the muggy its a great all around truck from the back yard to the track its ready to go and the stock engins are great but the clutch set up you might want to think about getting some extra bearings,bell,shoes they go bad after about a gallon but the motor itself is awsome
Old 04-07-2008, 04:51 PM
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by superdave2
go with the losi t or the muggy they are both race worthy and they come ready to rip right out of the box they are both great i have the muggy and wanting the 8t but ill never get rid of the muggy its a great all around truck from the back yard to the track its ready to go and the stock engins are great
but the clutch set up you might want to think about getting some extra bearings,bell,shoes they go bad after about a gallon but the motor itself is awsome[/QUOTE]

Just to add here... did you have bearings or clutch shoes go bad rapidly? I replace bearings about every 2 races on my Losi... but I run a Mugen clutch setup. Shoes last a LITTLE longer, but still have to be replaced. Those are parts that wear on ANY nitro vehicle. I DO run the Losi clutchbell but everything else is Mugen.
Old 04-07-2008, 08:08 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default muggy

I'VE GOT A RTR MUGGY LIKE BRAND NEW
Old 04-07-2008, 08:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

I race Electric also and always bashed nitro Mt's. I not too long ago bought the Matrix tr for my first truggy 20% to bash and 80% to race and I am very happy with it. I bought it in winter so I had time and sent the SH mill out to be modded and it is a beast and starts very easy. The parts quality are finominal and Cen has excellent CS. I added all of the cnc suspention pieces and the upper bellcrank. And swapped out all of the electronics. I think it is so easy to work on too. I would recommend this truggy to anyone, and if you need anything for it go to Machines RC hobbies A Cen team driver ownes it.
Old 04-07-2008, 09:27 PM
Tech Regular

Thanks malik that is some good info.
Old 04-08-2008, 03:37 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DOMIT
but the clutch set up you might want to think about getting some extra bearings,bell,shoes they go bad after about a gallon but the motor itself is awsome
Just to add here... did you have bearings or clutch shoes go bad rapidly? I replace bearings about every 2 races on my Losi... but I run a Mugen clutch setup. Shoes last a LITTLE longer, but still have to be replaced. Those are parts that wear on ANY nitro vehicle. I DO run the Losi clutchbell but everything else is Mugen.[/QUOTE]

i had to replace everything all at once except the flywheel that some how made it through but i just had to buy everything and i bought some extra clutch stuff to i think the only losi clutch parts on mine is the stock flywheel and the vented bell everything else is aftermarket stuff
Old 04-08-2008, 04:10 AM
Tech Regular

The first time I replaced the clutchbell,bearings,clutch and springs with stock parts as that is what Horizon sent me.The shoes melted to the clutchbell and the rear bearing was shot, this is with just 1.5 tanks of fuel during the breakin.
Old 04-09-2008, 04:05 PM
Tech Regular

Well I just purchased a new truggy today an wanted to say thanks to all that posted as it was very appreciated.I went with the popular vote and managed to score a great deal on a new CEN Matrix TR Arena with the SH .28 motor.I don't know of anyone using any CEN products locally so this will be a new spice to add to the mix.
Old 04-09-2008, 08:51 PM
Tech Initiate

Cool

Vtx st-1 are good for the price seem to hold up good.
Old 04-14-2008, 03:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HWYSHREDDER78
Well I just purchased a new truggy today an wanted to say thanks to all that posted as it was very appreciated.I went with the popular vote and managed to score a great deal on a new CEN Matrix TR Arena with the SH .28 motor.I don't know of anyone using any CEN products locally so this will be a new spice to add to the mix.
be one of a kind
if ya need any help just post it under the cen tr thread
Old 04-15-2008, 04:59 PM
Tech Regular

HWYSHREDDER78,

Great choice with the CEN Matrix TR Arena! I can assure you that you made an excellent choice. If you ever need any assistance, have questions and/or need set up advice feel free to contact CEN Racing directly or you can go to www.cenracing.com for a ton of set up advice.

Visit the CEN Matrix Arena Thread on here as well where you can achieve valuable information from other satisfied CEN Army Members.

Again Welcome to CEN Racing and good luck at the track!

Regards,
Andrew Smolnik
CEN Racing
Old 04-15-2008, 05:59 PM
Tech Regular

Thanks for the future references guys.FedEx just delivered it today and I will have to wait until Friday to break it in.I have had several nitro rtr vehicles from most of the major players in the field and the quality of the CEN looks to be up with the best of them that I have experience with.Here is a couple of pics of my new project.

Last edited by HWYSHREDDER78; 04-15-2008 at 06:10 PM.
Old 04-16-2008, 10:21 AM
Tech Regular

That is a genuine Matrix TR Arena!

a few recommendations:

I usually recommend shortening the fuel line. In my opinion the fuel line is a bit long on the RTR. I like to keep things simple. Shortening the fuel line will keep it out of harms way.

MXS41 CNC Bell crank is also highly recommended. Aside from those few things you will have quite the Truggy!

Smolnik
Old 04-16-2008, 03:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

here is the part Andrew was referring to
http://www.headrushhobbies.com/estor...pgrade%20Parts

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.