Wiki Posts
Search

I need a good RTR Truggy.

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2008, 02:19 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Default I need a good RTR Truggy.

I'm fishing for some advice on what RTR truggy is a good one for the money and all help and suggestions will be appreciated.I just want to bash around a little bit and maybe try racing it a couple of times just to experience racing a nitro.I don't won't to get to serious as it will take time and money away from my electrics that I race.

Last edited by HWYSHREDDER78; 04-07-2008 at 07:32 AM.
Old 04-07-2008, 02:55 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

try looking at the losi 8ight t rtr truggy very strong and raceable.
Old 04-07-2008, 07:31 AM
Tech Regular

Thanks for the 8ight T suggestion but I would like to stay away from any Horizon vehicles because I had a Muggy last year and I had nothing but problems with the clutch.One and a half tanks of break in fuel and it seized up on me.I'm not bashing Horizon as they did have pretty good customer service but nothing to say or give me that would fix the Muggy for good, just items to band aid it up for awhile.I should have stated earlier in my post that I won't buy any Horizon vehicle.I'm not anti Horizon by no means as I do use some of their products but I choose not to buy any of the vehicles that they make even if it is really good one and they do make some great vehicles.I had an LST2 before that and it was a wonderful machine it's just that the Muggy has ruined the desire for me to give them my money again for a vehicle.I'm a little interested in the Hobao Hyper ST,Ofna Mutilator,Thunder Tiger ST-1 and Cen Matrix TR Arena but I don't know anyone personally to give me feedback on them.
Old 04-07-2008, 07:45 AM

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

the jammin x1xcrt rtr is a good start
very strong so can handle bashing, pretty fast so its able to race
Old 04-07-2008, 07:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Go and get a CEN Matrix RTR Truggy, just change the front stock knuckles and you will have one of the best truggies RTR on the market ...

cya !
Old 04-07-2008, 08:39 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

+1 on the Cen Matrix TR Arena. Just upgrade the stock knuckles and servo saver arm to the CNC aluminum ones.
Old 04-07-2008, 09:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

For the money the Thunder Tiger ST-1 is a great way to go.
Old 04-07-2008, 09:25 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

I'll suggest the Hyper ST, great truggy at a good price and it's very tough.
Old 04-07-2008, 09:26 AM
Tech Regular

I would go with the CEN also, and do the upgrades like the other 2 posters said... but you might as well upgrade the electronics to... The stock RTR servos are slow and sloppy to say the least, so you might as well get new receiver and transmitter also
Old 04-07-2008, 09:39 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

the matrix tr is a awesome rtr truggy great price and very reliable the servos are built like a tank how ever they are slow as said
Old 04-07-2008, 09:45 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)

Get whatever you LHS has parts for... as long as its one that someone mentioned here....most people will just tell you to get what they have... I drive a Jammin truggy but would tell you to just get what your gonna be able to get parts for......just dont get XTM or some other company that sells crap..
Old 04-07-2008, 09:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (95%+)

Another nod to CEN!! Great RTR truggy. It take too setup changes weel. As far as the RTR servoes you will find the same problem with any RTR. They have to cut cost somewhere! But the Cens are built tough.
Old 04-07-2008, 02:19 PM
Tech Regular

I drive a losi truggy, so obviously i am not telling someone to buy what I have.... Although his statements were based off of a not so great losi vehicle i will not bash him for them, to each his own... I love my losi truggy though, but the CEN is a great RTR truck, and cheaper in price then most... Also I found a guy selling Hobao Hyper ST RTR's on ebay for 374.99....

As stated above me though, it doesn't matter what we like and tell you, it is all about what your LHS carries parts for... I chose my losi based off past experiences with the brand, and the fact that almost every hobby shop in Florida carries Losi parts...
Old 04-07-2008, 02:53 PM
Tech Regular

Thanks for not bashing me for how I feel about the Horizon vehicles,I thought that I may have opened my self up for all alot of negative posts after I posted that this morning,so thanks again.My local Hobby shop mostly carries parts for any Traxxas and Associated offroad vehicle but he said that he will stock some of the more common parts for whatever vehicle I get.The Cen Matrix is getting alot of votes so I will do some more research on that one along with the Hyper ST and Mutilator.If Associated built a truggy this would be an easy choice for me,I'm sure they will come out with one shortly after I buy one,that's how everything works in life I suppose.Is the SH engine in the Cen a decent motor?What is the story on the Mutilator Pro?I was thinking that it looked like it may fit my wants but it doesn't look to be very popular with the people.I will look for the Hyper ST for $375 as that would be a good deal for that truggy.
Old 04-07-2008, 03:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)

The associated RTR truggy wont be out for some time.... the FT needs to be 1st...... and thats what im waiting for.... i heard this summer ...but who knows..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.