Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

CRC 1/10 Pan Car

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2012, 05:11 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I have a CRC Gen X10 LE, our club has switched from running 1 Cell to a 2 Cell setup. I'm trying to figure out what I need to make the change. If anyone can help with what I need it would be greatly appreciated.

Here are a few questions I have.

1. are different posts required for the battery mount brace, if so what ones?
2. what size of battery is used, is it one of the shorty 2 cell packs?
3. anything else required?

another questions I have is the reverse mount servo front end an improvement over the stock setup? what the advantages?

thanks
Old 10-26-2012, 07:45 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by alien too
How does the long wheel vs short wheel base (2 Hole Adjustment on Front Plate) affect Gen X10 LE WGT's handling?
The longer wheelbase makes the car more stable and allows for a smoother drive. The short wheelbase offers slightly quicker steering and is less smooth.

Initially, I used the short wheelbase setup a few times on my Gen X-10 before converting to the long wheelbase configuration...And have continued using the long WB on both my carpet and asphalt LEs for all track setups. I like that more stable feeling for my style of driving.

Bill
Old 10-26-2012, 08:00 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by briankstan
I have a CRC Gen X10 LE, our club has switched from running 1 Cell to a 2 Cell setup. I'm trying to figure out what I need to make the change. If anyone can help with what I need it would be greatly appreciated.

another questions I have is the reverse mount servo front end an improvement over the stock setup? what the advantages?

thanks
Brian,

1. When my original Gen X-10 was setup for 2S packs, I used a combination of longer screws, nuts and washers to allow the proper amount of height room for the taller 2S packs.
2. Some tracks previously limited the 2S packs in WGT cars to certain a certain mahr rating. Check with the track or your fellow racers to find out if that applies to you. If limited to something like 4200 mahr, the shorty pack would certainly be my choice because you can move it back and forth for optimal chassis tuning.
3. You did not mention unboosted/boosted for the ESC or what motor windings are allowed; so, there could be a lot more. Is this just an optional WGT setup?

Especially with a larger 2S pack, the reverse mount servo will allow you more room for your electronics setup. The reverse mount is always on both of my cars. Never looked back.

Bill
Old 10-26-2012, 09:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

thanks
Wow there must be a lot of good drivers in your area to run 2 cell WGT, these things are crazy fast with 8.4V surging through a motor.

Why not just switch to MOD?

I would start with your current setup the only difference would be reconfiguring where your electronics are located. I don't think anyone really runs 2S with the LE kit so practice and experimentation will be your best bet. The only thing i can think of would be to stiffen the car with the extra weight (front springs, side, soft middle).
Old 10-27-2012, 10:35 AM
Tech Regular

Sorry guys, here is what we are running.

10.5 boosted with the 2cell. No limit on the mah rating or the C rating.

We don't have a mod class.

Not sure why the rules were changed to be 2cell, but that's what they are.
Old 10-27-2012, 10:44 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

2s 10.5 boost=mod speed
Old 10-27-2012, 10:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

We used to run this class out side on a large pavement track, 160x100ft, as 235 with 1/8th scale style bodies. These cars would probably top out at 60-70mph, faster then 1/8th scale gas cars.

Good luck with this class, they'll probably be more broke cars than those that finish. I know it was that way hear. The class did not last long.
Old 10-28-2012, 03:54 PM
Tech Regular

Well just because you have the speed doesn't mean you have to use all of it. I agree with what you are saying though. We had quite a few guys that couldn't keep it on the track with the 1s boosted setup.
Old 11-04-2012, 06:06 AM
Tech Adept

Any news on an update to the kit to include the new rear end?
Old 11-04-2012, 10:06 AM
Tech Master

Hi,

Has the new spindle 3221 Pro Strut Steering Blocks-1/8th axle the same dimensions as the old 1/10 associated strut steering block?
Old 11-04-2012, 12:56 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by RedBullFiXX
2s 10.5 boost=mod speed
We have al lot of fun with this mod speeds at our track, at speeds up to 108 kph.

Cant wait till the winter is over and have some nice track days again.

gtz
Old 11-05-2012, 04:54 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by 2wdrive
Hi,

Has the new spindle 3221 Pro Strut Steering Blocks-1/8th axle the same dimensions as the old 1/10 associated strut steering block?
isn't there anyone that has the new crc steering block and old associated steering block that can make a comparison?
Old 11-05-2012, 12:34 PM
Tech Regular

Anyone Running the Jaco World GT tires on the white rims? I bought a set and when running them it seems like the fronts are way soft compared to the crc tires. I dialed out alot of steering on my radio endpoints but it was still way to much causing a very bad oversteer issue.

I changed out to the CRC fronts and had to dial the steering way back up but at least it was drivable. with the Jaco's on the front it really wasn't.

Should there be that much difference in the "shore" of the tires when they are both "World GT spec" full sauced crc tires was less grip than a no sauce jaco.
Old 11-05-2012, 01:08 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Anyone Running the Jaco World GT tires on the white rims? I bought a set and when running them it seems like the fronts are way soft compared to the crc tires. I dialed out alot of steering on my radio endpoints but it was still way to much causing a very bad oversteer issue.

I changed out to the CRC fronts and had to dial the steering way back up but at least it was drivable. with the Jaco's on the front it really wasn't.

Should there be that much difference in the "shore" of the tires when they are both "World GT spec" full sauced crc tires was less grip than a no sauce jaco.
When you say they are soft, did they wear out faster or did they seem to have more grip? Was the tire diameter the same for both brands?
Old 11-05-2012, 01:25 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by BCbud
When you say they are soft, did they wear out faster or did they seem to have more grip? Was the tire diameter the same for both brands?
they had noticeable more grip on the car. I was running 55mm front and back. The CRC tires that I put on were smaller at 52mm. The Jaco's weren't wearing more that I could tell, but just feeling them they were more grippy to the touch than the CRC tires and on the car had way to much steering making the car very unbalanced and unpredictable.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.