Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

Kyosho VoneR Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2001, 11:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I drove TC3 (electric) for yr and love the car. But I have to admit that TC3 Nitro is not a good idea cuz the material of the car is not quite suitable for GP racing.
Also, a non-standard pipe will be a bad idea too ......
Old 09-05-2001, 01:35 PM

I agree with both of you, thats why I'm getting the V1R!! Just wondering whats the cheapest price in us$ the kit goes for there? its $300 here. Manticore- The first look of the NTC3 I took I pictured it as a car with a bladder!!!!!!
Old 09-05-2001, 05:29 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by bbntc3
I agree with both of you, thats why I'm getting the V1R!! Just wondering whats the cheapest price in us$ the kit goes for there? its $300 here. Manticore- The first look of the NTC3 I took I pictured it as a car with a bladder!!!!!!
hahaha. So the Nitro TC3 really pisses you off !!

The V1R is cheap here. a bit less then US$200 for a kit with foam tire, sway bar and front oneway.
Old 09-05-2001, 07:21 PM

Thanks manticore for the info, I have a cousin that works for Ford Motor Company in Hiroshima I think I'll give him a call and have him send me one!! Yes the TC3 does piss me off! I worked with the R@D guys on the conversion for 2 years, and was told by Cliff Lett at Ae that the new TC3 would all interchange with the my conversion parts, so now I have over $3000 in a car and parts and the new car won't interchange with nothing I got! So yes I'm alittle pissed! But I'll get over it ! BB
Old 09-05-2001, 08:05 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by bbntc3:

I worked with the R@D guys on the conversion for 2 years, and was told by Cliff Lett at Ae that the new TC3 would all interchange with the my conversion parts...
Well, if you remember the original prototype, it used the original electric suspension with the rally arms. They just took a lot of feedback from last year's Chicago Model & Hobby Show and decided to rework the car. I think it's a good thing that they went to the pillow ball suspension. All the top sedans out there ( Serpent, Mugen, Yokomo, and Kyosho) all use this type of suspension. As for the toe-in adjustment on the rear... yeah, at first I thought it was kind of goofy, but then I realized that the Schumacher Axis cars use this type of adjustment, and I've come across plenty of people who'll swear by that car.

Another reason for the change? Well, there have been many people (most of whom probably never drove a TC3) who have complained that since the arms break so much (mine never have), there's no way it will survive in a Nitro version. Now, I'm sure you probably have never experienced this problem (I haven't), but due to the bad rap many cars get when they're new, I'm sure that AE was concerned that it might affect initial sales. The new suspension looks beefier, so it should quiet the pundits somewhat. Heck, I'd like to see that suspension make its way to the 190mm version! Think of the added adjustablility!

I'll be interested in seeing one when it comes out...
Old 09-05-2001, 08:21 PM

I should have bought stock in Ae 2 years ago when I started racing the conversion, I have broke every graphite piece you can think off on the car, I have a box full off suspension parts from the car that I don't even use anymore since I had to go to all crc alum parts for my car, I switched it over to alum 1 year ago and have'nt bent or broke anything. I can't believe you Turn n burn have'nt broke a control arm/ shock tower/hingepin mt./C hub, you must not race the car , or drive slow! Its a great car but very fragile! I could live with the tow in arms on the rear but that exhaust would have to go!!!! And it does'nt look very balanced.
Old 09-05-2001, 08:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Just the opposite, I drove my V1R not very carefully, but fast And I fitted a 1.15ps turbo engine on top ! So far, I haven't broken anything .....
The total amount (chassis + hopups + replacement + engine) is below US$500.
Old 09-05-2001, 10:12 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by ernestf
Just the opposite, I drove my V1R not very carefully, but fast And I fitted a 1.15ps turbo engine on top ! So far, I haven't broken anything .....
The total amount (chassis + hopups + replacement + engine) is below US$500.
I have a 0.2HP advantage over your V1R !
Old 09-06-2001, 07:19 AM

That price is nice ernestf but $500 there would be more like $1000 here. Whats a loaded TC3 Team car there? its about $190 here.
Old 09-06-2001, 07:27 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by bbntc3
That price is nice ernestf but $500 there would be more like $1000 here. Whats a loaded TC3 Team car there? its about $190 here.
we have tons of V1R hop ups options here !!.

you can check out
www.kfactoryracing.com for more hop up options.
Old 09-06-2001, 07:56 AM
M 5
Tech Regular

Manticore: Where can you get it so cheap???
I need to get a standard version, how much and where to get it??
Old 09-06-2001, 08:08 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by M 5
Manticore: Where can you get it so cheap???
I need to get a standard version, how much and where to get it??
in mongkok ! you need to compare price. and you can get good price at "challenger" the shop next to the GPM new shop.
Old 09-06-2001, 08:12 AM
M 5
Tech Regular

Hey, thanks!
You mean the shop next to GMP or one more?
I guess I'll go tomorrow!
Old 09-06-2001, 08:18 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by M 5
Hey, thanks!
You mean the shop next to GMP or one more?
I guess I'll go tomorrow!
the shop name is "challenger" they sell lots of local made MINIZ options.
Old 09-06-2001, 08:52 AM
Tech Regular

Angry One way!!

I'm sure some of u out there had this problem before. I juz got the VoneR recently and boy, I was impressed with the whole layout in general. Juz one small problem, wen I brake along the straights, the car swerves very suddenly to one side! Could it be the one way I'm using?
For all the gurus out there, please offer a solution...Or shall I change back to the old trusty diff...
Does changing the exponential on my controller help?

Thanks to all!
Happy racing!

Last edited by Mauler; 09-06-2001 at 09:00 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.