Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hot Bodies Cyclone

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2006, 07:45 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by protc3
ok guys,here is what i have so far for the cyclone carpet kit.the chassis and top deck are 3mm.the chassis is pocketed down to 2mm under bulkheads,arm mounts,servo,layshaft and motor mounts,and steering rack.i made it to allow for a 3mm longer wheelbase over the stock chassis.it is still not complete because there will be more parts to it.here is a pic of what i have right now.
sweet chassis glad to hve one like kilruf said may be u can send both of us one to test in our area and get some feed bck from us
Old 06-23-2006, 07:48 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by kid TT-01
im having trouble putting the steering coloum back togeher, i cant get the nut thingy to screw past the spring. Please help.
yeah it a pain but try center it then screw it u may hve to squeeze the spring with pliers
Old 06-23-2006, 09:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

ok guys,here is what i have so far for the cyclone carpet kit.the chassis and top deck are 3mm.the chassis is pocketed down to 2mm under bulkheads,arm mounts,servo,layshaft and motor mounts,and steering rack.i made it to allow for a 3mm longer wheelbase over the stock chassis.it is still not complete because there will be more parts to it.here is a pic of what i have right now.
nice chassis but why dun do the top deck like T2 we can put some post to make it more stiffer
Old 06-24-2006, 07:47 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

where is mine?? I need it for Minreng
Old 06-24-2006, 10:02 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Guo Chean
nice chassis but why dun do the top deck like T2 we can put some post to make it more stiffer

i was going to do that but the front of the car doesnt allow for that due to the servo placement.i will be adding a center brace that will stiffen it a bit more
Old 06-24-2006, 11:53 AM
Tech Regular

why is the upperdeck different in the front?
Old 06-24-2006, 12:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

i was going to do that but the front of the car doesnt allow for that due to the servo placement.i will be adding a center brace that will stiffen it a bit more
did you see the cyclone s top deck? there also look like your T2 style design?
Old 06-25-2006, 09:36 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Jason, chassis looks good as always. Something I'd really like to see, unless you already have one in mind: a motor guard with a fan mount option, like on the RDX.
Old 06-25-2006, 10:00 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by floodo1
why is the upperdeck different in the front?
i wanted to change it for rigidity.it is a very stout set up.i will look into the wide bracing again.it seemed a little tight to do but i will take another stab at it.i just want to make sure it doesnt get too cluttered looking.
Old 06-25-2006, 10:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Jason,

What are some of the features that the cyclone spool will have, and estimated price?

Thanks
Old 06-25-2006, 10:32 AM
Tech Lord

the cyclone spool will have an aluminum body with hardened steel outdrives that are machined for minimal weight.the outdrives are replaceable but honestly can say that they are bullitproof.these outdrives allow for use without blades and will not wear out.i am estimating the price to be about 50 bucks.i will post some pics of the completed spool very soon.we are just finishing the tests.all looks very good
Old 06-25-2006, 10:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

i wanted to change it for rigidity.it is a very stout set up.i will look into the wide bracing again.it seemed a little tight to do but i will take another stab at it.i just want to make sure it doesnt get too cluttered looking.
I don't think the upper deck needs standoffs. Just a good solid thick lower deck and a nice thick solid upper deck with very very few cutouts will do. Just make it as wide as you can without servo arm hitting it. Also thicking up the rear upper deck. Instead of a huge cutout on the right side, bring the graphite all the way in to center close to the belt and add a standoff there for more support. Then you'll have a small belt slit down the upper deck. This would allow for more standoffs down center.
Old 06-25-2006, 10:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Jason, you dont happen to have a preorder list do ya?
Old 06-25-2006, 10:43 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

the cyclone spool will have an aluminum body with hardened steel outdrives that are machined for minimal weight.the outdrives are replaceable but honestly can say that they are bullitproof.these outdrives allow for use without blades and will not wear out.i am estimating the price to be about 50 bucks.i will post some pics of the completed spool very soon.we are just finishing the tests.all looks very good
mine is holding up very well ,no wear signs at all racing mod!!
Old 06-25-2006, 11:12 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by KilRuf
I don't think the upper deck needs standoffs. Just a good solid thick lower deck and a nice thick solid upper deck with very very few cutouts will do. Just make it as wide as you can without servo arm hitting it. Also thicking up the rear upper deck. Instead of a huge cutout on the right side, bring the graphite all the way in to center close to the belt and add a standoff there for more support. Then you'll have a small belt slit down the upper deck. This would allow for more standoffs down center.
as of right now the chassis is extremely rigid.i am going to e making a t= cross brace that will mount to the chassis and between the rear bulkheads and the rear of the top deck.once this is complete the car will be a brick.the c/f i am using is extremely rigid.the way it is as of now is perfect for medium high bite carpet.the brace will be ideal for extreme bite.i will kepp you guys posted.

as for the spool,just give a buzz at the shop at 352-544-0463 and my wife can help you.she is the one who answers the phone(the real boss)
she can put you down for a spool

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.