Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Corally RDX Phi 09

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2009, 04:59 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Anybody know when the Carpet version is going to be available?
Old 08-22-2009, 07:33 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kobiwan
Anybody know when the Carpet version is going to be available?
With many carpet racers converting to rubber, I wonder if a carpet version will be offered this time around? Maybe just the optional parts to go in that direction???
Old 08-22-2009, 03:29 PM
Tech Adept

Hi all,
Has anybody noticed that the rear toe-in is different from left to right. Also the blocks holding the A-arms don't always sit straight. And before anybody asks, I checked the direction of the blocks and all is correct, yet I still have very different toe-in from one side to the other.

ANY COMMENTS....
Old 08-23-2009, 02:25 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PHI/BMI racer
Hi all,
Has anybody noticed that the rear toe-in is different from left to right. Also the blocks holding the A-arms don't always sit straight. And before anybody asks, I checked the direction of the blocks and all is correct, yet I still have very different toe-in from one side to the other.

ANY COMMENTS....
I had same problem with my prototype car. I will see if it does it with proper production kit. It doesnt make that much difference on the track. I will try to figure out what the problem is. Also i have big problem with front wheel hitting front shock bottom.
Old 08-23-2009, 02:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PHI/BMI racer
Hi all,

ANY COMMENTS....
as for the blocks sitting straight make sure you are tightening down on the screws and that the aluminum insert isn't spinning. I was having the same problem and realized that they weren't really getting tight because of the insert spinning. Once I got them nice and tight they stayed straight. I have since changed to the aluminum mounts and they work better. I don't really have an answer for your toe issues as I haven't experienced this problem. Have you tried switching the rear hubs maybe one is twisted.
Old 08-23-2009, 03:21 PM
Tech Adept

Will try making sure the inserts don't spin, and will check the hubs. The problem is also we run 26 mm foam fronts and 30 mm foam rears, so we space them out close to 200 mm. That's the only way to prevent scrub on the shocks. We having our last National event soon where rule changes may be made, and hopefully we will move to rubber 190 mm. We just can't compete internationally if we don't run rubber

Thanks guys...
Old 08-24-2009, 06:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by s.nicholson
. Also i have big problem with front wheel hitting front shock bottom.

I experienced the same issue on my car Simon, I had to dial the EPA lock right back to avoid it but this is not the fix I want as reducing my on track steering. I will be interested to hear what you think and do in relation to this as well.
Old 08-26-2009, 01:23 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by s.nicholson
I had same problem with my prototype car. I will see if it does it with proper production kit. It doesnt make that much difference on the track. I will try to figure out what the problem is. Also i have big problem with front wheel hitting front shock bottom.
When the blocks were angled I had 3 deg. toe in the one side and 2 deg. the other. Are you saying that won't make a difference on the track? If that's so I need to check my set-up because I get more steering one way to the other...
One more question, we run two differentials, I hear some people say to have the front tighter then the rear and some people say to do the opposite Am I correct in saying it will depend on set-up of the car??
Old 08-27-2009, 09:31 AM
Tech Elite

we have noticed that the blocks need to sit square in the chassi recessed areas. What we would like to see is a block at 0 degrees. it is tough to make small changes to the rear toe and would think that may help. Also noticed if you run any of the shims under the blocks then the block no longer sit's in the recess, and the blocks can or will rotate after a hit.

We have been busy trying to get the new cars dialed in on carpet for Vegas next week. The new car is good and has more steering, but has been tough to see it react to changes. Seems like we can throw the tool box at it and it shows about the same lap times. I think we are close but would love to squeek another tenth or two out of it.

The plastic C-hubs and rear up-rights are tough, the plastic steering blocks are still a joke. make sure you order the alum for the 09, not the old ones..... different ackerman
Old 08-31-2009, 08:04 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Anybody going to be piloting one of these at IIC?
Old 08-31-2009, 08:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I'm looking forward to seeing what Specialized comes out with for a chassis plate, but in the mean time.... I'm pretty happy with the car.

Extra attention to the toe blocks (still running plastic) and she's running well. No issues with tire rub, transmition, etc.. I'm looking forward to converting a car to foam and getting back to what I started with, but as a rubber tire car,,, pretty nice.

The transition from asphalt to carpet was as minor as half a degree less of toe, going up 1 spring rate in the back and taking the chassis protector off... for the most part.

Looking forward to ripping some foam!
Old 09-01-2009, 03:40 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MAD916
we have noticed that the blocks need to sit square in the chassi recessed areas. What we would like to see is a block at 0 degrees. it is tough to make small changes to the rear toe and would think that may help. Also noticed if you run any of the shims under the blocks then the block no longer sit's in the recess, and the blocks can or will rotate after a hit.

We have been busy trying to get the new cars dialed in on carpet for Vegas next week. The new car is good and has more steering, but has been tough to see it react to changes. Seems like we can throw the tool box at it and it shows about the same lap times. I think we are close but would love to squeek another tenth or two out of it.

The plastic C-hubs and rear up-rights are tough, the plastic steering blocks are still a joke. make sure you order the alum for the 09, not the old ones..... different ackerman

#79727 RDX PHI '09 Wishbone Mounts - AL7075 Duraluminium 0° (2 pcs) - OPTION
Old 09-01-2009, 09:44 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Outofcash
Anybody going to be piloting one of these at IIC?
Kent - Corally USA will be at the IIC. If you are out there, stop by and say hi.

Thanks - Brad
Old 09-01-2009, 03:36 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by The Bear
I'm looking forward to seeing what Specialized comes out with for a chassis plate, but in the mean time.... I'm pretty happy with the car.

Extra attention to the toe blocks (still running plastic) and she's running well. No issues with tire rub, transmition, etc.. I'm looking forward to converting a car to foam and getting back to what I started with, but as a rubber tire car,,, pretty nice.

The transition from asphalt to carpet was as minor as half a degree less of toe, going up 1 spring rate in the back and taking the chassis protector off... for the most part.

Looking forward to ripping some foam!
Was just wondering how you have no tire rub? are you using the outside hole on the arm? are you using full lock?
Old 09-01-2009, 04:23 PM
Tech Elite

Don't listen to any advise from the bear........ love ya casey

We have always modifiy the bottom shock and get rid of the large ball end. we have been running the strandard rod ends used for everything else on the car, and replace the 5mm ball with a standard small one. Then the shock won't pop through and a big hit, and you can run them on the outer holes without loosing much end point travel.

Team Timezone will be at the IIC with (3) Phi 09's and defending Champ Richard St. Cyr will pilot one in 13.5 rub

thanks for the alum 0 d option

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.