R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 08-22-2009, 05:59 AM   #211
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Anybody know when the Carpet version is going to be available?
kobiwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 08:33 AM   #212
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobiwan View Post
Anybody know when the Carpet version is going to be available?
With many carpet racers converting to rubber, I wonder if a carpet version will be offered this time around? Maybe just the optional parts to go in that direction???

And a pair of Associated B6 buggies for turf and clay tracks.
Still Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 04:29 PM   #213
Tech Adept

Hi all,
Has anybody noticed that the rear toe-in is different from left to right. Also the blocks holding the A-arms don't always sit straight. And before anybody asks, I checked the direction of the blocks and all is correct, yet I still have very different toe-in from one side to the other.

ANY COMMENTS....
LRP TC SXX, LRP SXX Ver. 2, LRP X12 Octa, Futaba 3PKS Spektrum Module, Protform.
SOUTH AFRICA :)
PHI/BMI racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 03:25 AM   #214
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to s.nicholson Send a message via Skype™ to s.nicholson

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHI/BMI racer View Post
Hi all,
Has anybody noticed that the rear toe-in is different from left to right. Also the blocks holding the A-arms don't always sit straight. And before anybody asks, I checked the direction of the blocks and all is correct, yet I still have very different toe-in from one side to the other.

ANY COMMENTS....
I had same problem with my prototype car. I will see if it does it with proper production kit. It doesnt make that much difference on the track. I will try to figure out what the problem is. Also i have big problem with front wheel hitting front shock bottom.
s.nicholson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 03:41 PM   #215
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHI/BMI racer View Post
Hi all,

ANY COMMENTS....
as for the blocks sitting straight make sure you are tightening down on the screws and that the aluminum insert isn't spinning. I was having the same problem and realized that they weren't really getting tight because of the insert spinning. Once I got them nice and tight they stayed straight. I have since changed to the aluminum mounts and they work better. I don't really have an answer for your toe issues as I haven't experienced this problem. Have you tried switching the rear hubs maybe one is twisted.

AWESOMATIX USA-SANWA--BSR--TEAM SCREAM --SWEEP RACING USA--TQ WIRE--ROCHE USA--LRP
Sal Amato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 04:21 PM   #216
Tech Adept

Will try making sure the inserts don't spin, and will check the hubs. The problem is also we run 26 mm foam fronts and 30 mm foam rears, so we space them out close to 200 mm. That's the only way to prevent scrub on the shocks. We having our last National event soon where rule changes may be made, and hopefully we will move to rubber 190 mm. We just can't compete internationally if we don't run rubber

Thanks guys...
LRP TC SXX, LRP SXX Ver. 2, LRP X12 Octa, Futaba 3PKS Spektrum Module, Protform.
Old 08-24-2009, 07:32 AM   #217
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by s.nicholson View Post
. Also i have big problem with front wheel hitting front shock bottom.

I experienced the same issue on my car Simon, I had to dial the EPA lock right back to avoid it but this is not the fix I want as reducing my on track steering. I will be interested to hear what you think and do in relation to this as well.

*HEI International for Protoform/Proline/Spaz Stix
*Bitty Design Australia for Bodies and Liquid Mask
* Airbrushmegastore.com for all paint and airbrush supplies
B4james is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 02:23 PM   #218
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by s.nicholson View Post
I had same problem with my prototype car. I will see if it does it with proper production kit. It doesnt make that much difference on the track. I will try to figure out what the problem is. Also i have big problem with front wheel hitting front shock bottom.
When the blocks were angled I had 3 deg. toe in the one side and 2 deg. the other. Are you saying that won't make a difference on the track? If that's so I need to check my set-up because I get more steering one way to the other...
One more question, we run two differentials, I hear some people say to have the front tighter then the rear and some people say to do the opposite Am I correct in saying it will depend on set-up of the car??
Old 08-27-2009, 10:31 AM   #219
Tech Elite

we have noticed that the blocks need to sit square in the chassi recessed areas. What we would like to see is a block at 0 degrees. it is tough to make small changes to the rear toe and would think that may help. Also noticed if you run any of the shims under the blocks then the block no longer sit's in the recess, and the blocks can or will rotate after a hit.

We have been busy trying to get the new cars dialed in on carpet for Vegas next week. The new car is good and has more steering, but has been tough to see it react to changes. Seems like we can throw the tool box at it and it shows about the same lap times. I think we are close but would love to squeek another tenth or two out of it.

The plastic C-hubs and rear up-rights are tough, the plastic steering blocks are still a joke. make sure you order the alum for the 09, not the old ones..... different ackerman
MAD916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 09:04 AM   #220
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Anybody going to be piloting one of these at IIC?
Outofcash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 09:47 PM   #221
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I'm looking forward to seeing what Specialized comes out with for a chassis plate, but in the mean time.... I'm pretty happy with the car.

Extra attention to the toe blocks (still running plastic) and she's running well. No issues with tire rub, transmition, etc.. I'm looking forward to converting a car to foam and getting back to what I started with, but as a rubber tire car,,, pretty nice.

The transition from asphalt to carpet was as minor as half a degree less of toe, going up 1 spring rate in the back and taking the chassis protector off... for the most part.

Looking forward to ripping some foam!
Old 09-01-2009, 04:40 AM   #222
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAD916 View Post
we have noticed that the blocks need to sit square in the chassi recessed areas. What we would like to see is a block at 0 degrees. it is tough to make small changes to the rear toe and would think that may help. Also noticed if you run any of the shims under the blocks then the block no longer sit's in the recess, and the blocks can or will rotate after a hit.

We have been busy trying to get the new cars dialed in on carpet for Vegas next week. The new car is good and has more steering, but has been tough to see it react to changes. Seems like we can throw the tool box at it and it shows about the same lap times. I think we are close but would love to squeek another tenth or two out of it.

The plastic C-hubs and rear up-rights are tough, the plastic steering blocks are still a joke. make sure you order the alum for the 09, not the old ones..... different ackerman

#79727 RDX PHI '09 Wishbone Mounts - AL7075 Duraluminium 0 (2 pcs) - OPTION
Old 09-01-2009, 10:44 AM   #223
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outofcash View Post
Anybody going to be piloting one of these at IIC?
Kent - Corally USA will be at the IIC. If you are out there, stop by and say hi.

Thanks - Brad
BJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 04:36 PM   #224
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to s.nicholson Send a message via Skype™ to s.nicholson

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bear View Post
I'm looking forward to seeing what Specialized comes out with for a chassis plate, but in the mean time.... I'm pretty happy with the car.

Extra attention to the toe blocks (still running plastic) and she's running well. No issues with tire rub, transmition, etc.. I'm looking forward to converting a car to foam and getting back to what I started with, but as a rubber tire car,,, pretty nice.

The transition from asphalt to carpet was as minor as half a degree less of toe, going up 1 spring rate in the back and taking the chassis protector off... for the most part.

Looking forward to ripping some foam!
Was just wondering how you have no tire rub? are you using the outside hole on the arm? are you using full lock?
s.nicholson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 05:23 PM   #225
Tech Elite

Don't listen to any advise from the bear........ love ya casey

We have always modifiy the bottom shock and get rid of the large ball end. we have been running the strandard rod ends used for everything else on the car, and replace the 5mm ball with a standard small one. Then the shock won't pop through and a big hit, and you can run them on the outer holes without loosing much end point travel.

Team Timezone will be at the IIC with (3) Phi 09's and defending Champ Richard St. Cyr will pilot one in 13.5 rub

thanks for the alum 0 d option
MAD916 is offline   Reply With Quote