Wiki Posts
Search

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2011, 06:00 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Buckaroo
Is there any phone or tablet computer that supports HotWire?
Originally Posted by 20 SMOKE
no
Sucks. Maybe Windows 8, which is rumored to be able to support tablets and smart phone will change all that. Would be nice to be able to make pit changes from the phone!
Old 04-05-2011, 06:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Sucks. Maybe Windows 8, which is rumored to be able to support tablets and smart phone will change all that. Would be nice to be able to make pit changes from the phone!
I wouldn't be surprised to see BlueTooth speedo's before we see wired mobile connectivity.
Old 04-05-2011, 06:45 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by M-Technic
I wouldn't be surprised to see BlueTooth speedo's before we see wired mobile connectivity.
That would be rockin' cool, but for sure it would have to be password protected! Imagine a world where you're all set, everything programed, and just as you're powering up your car and walking up to the track for your main, you get a profile downloaded into YOUR speedo from someone else in the pits!
Old 04-05-2011, 07:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

That would be rockin' cool, but for sure it would have to be password protected! Imagine a world where you're all set, everything programed, and just as you're powering up your car and walking up to the track for your main, you get a profile downloaded into YOUR speedo from someone else in the pits!
maybe that would be a good thing for some people. i mean look at all teh people on here that are looking for setups. lol
Old 04-05-2011, 07:40 AM
Tech Adept

Would imagine it would have a password system like with a Bluetooth headset. Sounds great though. First company to would clean up the market.
Old 04-05-2011, 07:46 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Monkeys punk
Would imagine it would have a password system like with a Bluetooth headset. Sounds great though. First company to would clean up the market.
Not if it isn't faster.

This is a performance driven business, not convenience driven. If it isn't fast, it wont sell.
Old 04-05-2011, 07:59 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by wingracer
Not if it isn't faster.

This is a performance driven business, not convenience driven. If it isn't fast, it wont sell.
True, to a point. ANYTHING has value if the customer is willing to pay for it.

Smart phones are much more common, and convenient than a laptop or netbook. If they could do away with the HotWire hardware and change it to a Bluetooth, supported on smart phones/tablets (when the functionality arrives), that would eleminate the expense/trouble of an additional piece of hardware since darn near every smart phone has bulit in bluetooth. In the mean time, most laptops have it built in as well. If not, it's a $10 little do-dad that fits in a USB port.

It would also allow you to pull off to the side of the track, link to your car, update your speedo, and go out again for some more laps to evaluate different profiles much easier WITHOUT EVER LEAVING THE DRIVER'S STAND!

THAT would make your day faster, and make your track time $$$ go much further. That's something I'm willing to pay for!
Old 04-05-2011, 08:55 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Smaller, Smarter, Faster for 12th scale is all that matters.

Sedans have more room for fluff
Old 04-05-2011, 10:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Has anyone cut there switch off a tekin? I lost a race this weekend cause my switch "jared" off . It's mounted secure to the chassis flat on is in The forward location. I was qualified second out of 15 I think clipped a pipe and flipped over at speed and it shut off came in 9th .
Old 04-05-2011, 10:30 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by jlfx car audio
Has anyone cut there switch off a tekin? I lost a race this weekend cause my switch "jared" off . It's mounted secure to the chassis flat on is in The forward location. I was qualified second out of 15 I think clipped a pipe and flipped over at speed and it shut off came in 9th .
You could could the switch off and switch the two wires together for it to be "always on".
Old 04-05-2011, 02:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

I have done that on every esc I've owned but wasn't sure if it would mess up programming it with pc or buttons?
Old 04-05-2011, 03:40 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 280 (100%+)

I bought a used one with the switch removed from the circuit board and it turns Off/On with the receiver pack switch. Works great! No issues!
Old 04-05-2011, 05:18 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by jlfx car audio
I have done that on every esc I've owned but wasn't sure if it would mess up programming it with pc or buttons?
It would work fine, the Hotwire works regardless of what position the power switch is in.
Old 04-05-2011, 06:46 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I am having an odd problem. Not sure what caused this as I have been running this RS for over a year with no issues.
It is stuttering at mid throttle. Sometimes it acts like the sensor wire is bad so I replaced, then I tried another motor, then I recalibrated the radio. I even tried just running it in sensorless mode. So here is what it is doing, sensored only mode, it takes off fine (most of the time) Then I let off to drive mid throttle and the motor freaks out and won't spin (like the senor board is bad, or wire, or...) but like I said before tried different motors. (ballistic, SS, and D3). It just stutters and sounds like when you wire up the motor incorrectly and are trying to run in sensored only mode. If I push it, it still won't go. I actually have to let off the throttle or give it full throttle to get it moving again. And it does not happen consistently. I have checked the sensor port on the ESC case and is it not loose.
Could a bad CAP cause this? When I spin the motor the first three LED's blink like expected, so it seems the hall senors are being seen.

Any ideas beyond what I have already tried would be appreciated. If nothing works then its back to tekin for repair.
Old 04-06-2011, 02:15 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by macdude
I am having an odd problem. Not sure what caused this as I have been running this RS for over a year with no issues.
It is stuttering at mid throttle. Sometimes it acts like the sensor wire is bad so I replaced, then I tried another motor, then I recalibrated the radio. I even tried just running it in sensorless mode. So here is what it is doing, sensored only mode, it takes off fine (most of the time) Then I let off to drive mid throttle and the motor freaks out and won't spin (like the senor board is bad, or wire, or...) but like I said before tried different motors. (ballistic, SS, and D3). It just stutters and sounds like when you wire up the motor incorrectly and are trying to run in sensored only mode. If I push it, it still won't go. I actually have to let off the throttle or give it full throttle to get it moving again. And it does not happen consistently. I have checked the sensor port on the ESC case and is it not loose.
Could a bad CAP cause this? When I spin the motor the first three LED's blink like expected, so it seems the hall senors are being seen.

Any ideas beyond what I have already tried would be appreciated. If nothing works then its back to tekin for repair.
I would probably try checking all the connections and replace the cap, then try recallibrating, if you have then already tried a known good motor and sensor wire in it n it still isnt working it will probably need to go to tekin

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.