Search
Like Tree300Likes

Team Associated TC4

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2018, 11:50 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fathead
The kit looks really nice and I have been following it on here, but I am going to go a slightly different direction than the Kaizen kit, I have had a few ideas floating around for the TC4 for a while, and since I have the facilities to make the parts in house I am going to go forward with it now that I am racing again
What are your plans for the motor mount? The Kaizen one looks to be the best option out there so far.
Old 02-06-2018, 11:59 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by gigaplex
What are your plans for the motor mount? The Kaizen one looks to be the best option out there so far.
I have a FTTC4 so I am going to use that one for now.
Old 02-07-2018, 02:36 AM
Tech Initiate

I also like the Kaizen Kit and I hope that the new interest in the TC4 will increase the chances of somebody making a gear diff.
With a 10.5 turn motor in high traction conditions, even the fully upgraded ball diff doesn't work well for me.
Old 02-07-2018, 03:51 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Fantuzzi
I also like the Kaizen Kit and I hope that the new interest in the TC4 will increase the chances of somebody making a gear diff.
With a 10.5 turn motor in high traction conditions, even the fully upgraded ball diff doesn't work well for me.
There are some gear diff options available on the shapeways website. There's a new gearbox that'll accept a sightly modified B44.3 gear diff from AMAEngineering. There's also a custom diff housing for the B44.3 gear diff that'll fit inside the stock gearbox from Tech Innovations. I believe both have shown up in this thread a while ago.
Old 02-07-2018, 07:10 AM
Tech Initiate

There are some gear diff options available on the shapeways website. There's a new gearbox that'll accept a sightly modified B44.3 gear diff from AMAEngineering. There's also a custom diff housing for the B44.3 gear diff that'll fit inside the stock gearbox from Tech Innovations. I believe both have shown up in this thread a while ago.
Thanks for the info. What I have seen so far is that these approaches involve quite a bit of custom mods and if you look at a Tamiya TB diff for example, it should be feasible to design a drop in gear diff without a pinion or casing mods. So I still keep wishing for that drop in solution.
Old 02-08-2018, 06:51 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

i might have to get my FTTC4 back out
we have a track an hour away that runs on grey carpet
dont know the name of the grey carpet and I never ran my car on their carpet
what is a good vta setup on grey carpet? car is all stock
im contemplating the gpm steering rack but heard its sloppy
unless you can push the brass out and put bearings
I ordered a Kimbrough servo saver but never installed it
Old 02-13-2018, 03:22 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Okay. I think I might be finished with this project. I’ve done about everything I think I can with this tub, minus the tc7.1 dcv kit but I don’t know if I even want to do that - things seem great as they are. I recently received my shock towers from Kaizen Factory Racing, I liked them so much with my converted TC4 KFR car that I decided to bite the bullet and order a pair for my tub car. Enough with the chatter and on with the pics!

RAL and Teamhotrods like this.
Old 02-13-2018, 04:38 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 165 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fircrest
Okay. I think I might be finished with this project. I’ve done about everything I think I can with this tub, minus the tc7.1 dcv kit but I don’t know if I even want to do that - things seem great as they are. I recently received my shock towers from Kaizen Factory Racing, I liked them so much with my converted TC4 KFR car that I decided to bite the bullet and order a pair for my tub car. Enough with the chatter and on with the pics!
Looks great, nice and tidy and should be great for VTA. Excellent job!

I have a clip-on motor heatsink with fan on my TC4 but otherwise looks close. I just need the rear graphite shock tower.

Last edited by SteveM; 04-01-2019 at 07:34 PM.
Old 02-13-2018, 06:40 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fircrest

Very nice... do the KFR shock towers change / move the body mounts??

I’m not done with mine yet!!
Old 02-13-2018, 06:52 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Teamhotrods
Very nice... do the KFR shock towers change / move the body mounts??

I’m not done with mine yet!!
Unfortunately yes the body posts are moved.
Old 02-13-2018, 07:31 PM
Tech Regular

ARGH!?! I have tooooo many TC4 bodies
Old 02-13-2018, 08:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Teamhotrods
ARGH!?! I have tooooo many TC4 bodies
And to many Tc4 chassis lol. See you soon my friend.
Old 02-13-2018, 09:03 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Yeah unfortunately the body posts are set a little bit wider than the mounts on the carbon fiber shock towers. The standard shock tower mounts are a lot different however, took some boring to get the posts to work, I also use RPM body savers that I glue in place so that helps clean things up. I’ll snap some pics tomorrow.
Old 02-14-2018, 01:44 AM
RAL
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Unfortunately yes the body posts are moved.
The post holes are in the same spot as the carbon fiber Factory Team TC4 rear shock tower. What shock tower are you comparing it to? The stock plastic one?
Old 02-14-2018, 04:10 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by RAL
The post holes are in the same spot as the carbon fiber Factory Team TC4 rear shock tower. What shock tower are you comparing it to? The stock plastic one?
Sorry. Yes asking about the difference from the stock plastic shock towers. I just hope the FT and the KFRs are far enough away for a few more holes. Unfortunately I have several body’s punched for the plastic tube cars. But I’m sure the upgrade to the CF is well worth the hassle.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.