Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree26Likes

3 racing new F1

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2011, 04:00 PM
Tech Fanatic

So back to my original question: I plan on getting an FGX and racing it on our local indoor carpet track. Of the different compound Ride rubber tires that 3Racing offers for the FGX, which compounds should I get? Should the fronts be firmer than the rears? There are several different compounds ranging from firm all the way down to super soft.
Old 10-25-2011, 04:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

its going to depend on the grip of your track. They ran Ride medium compound at the IIC. We like the soft compound on our local carpet track. I would assume each track varies in grip.
Old 10-25-2011, 05:03 PM
Tech Fanatic

You are right, each track is different. We use CRC carpet glued to a plywood subfloor.

Do you use the same compound front and rear?
Old 10-25-2011, 06:12 PM
Tech Master

Yes I use the softs all the way around. I had meds on the front but liked the soft better.
Old 10-26-2011, 07:13 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

i got mine last night and built the chassis. pretty good quality the diff won't handle loads of horse power with the plastic gears, but the rest of the car is pretty nice considering the price. everything fit together nicely with no slop. the front suspension is super soft as far as the arms go. they flex a lot under loads. this could be good for crashing but bad to predicatability. the wings both front and rear are amazing there should be some real downforce with them. i'm waiting on a low profile servo and some tires to show up. i do wish the wheels were the same as the rest of the f1 world, but if you really wanted to i'm sure you could make front axles to fit other brands of wheels.
Old 10-26-2011, 07:48 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

Originally Posted by rickthejetman
i got mine last night and built the chassis. pretty good quality the diff won't handle loads of horse power with the plastic gears, but the rest of the car is pretty nice considering the price. everything fit together nicely with no slop. the front suspension is super soft as far as the arms go. they flex a lot under loads. this could be good for crashing but bad to predicatability. the wings both front and rear are amazing there should be some real downforce with them. i'm waiting on a low profile servo and some tires to show up. i do wish the wheels were the same as the rest of the f1 world, but if you really wanted to i'm sure you could make front axles to fit other brands of wheels.
in your opinion do you think it will be possible to make some wheel/bearing adapters to use Tamiya style wheels on it?
Old 10-26-2011, 09:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Smile

Pre-Order available for new 3Racing Sakura FGX kit with Free Shipping. (Limited Quantities)

The estimated shipping date is Nov 2nd.

Click Here to see the detail.

FYI, Thanks.
Old 10-26-2011, 10:12 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by rickthejetman
Good for downforce...but how's the front wing's durability look?
Old 10-26-2011, 10:30 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)
Default Oooh

Oooh, back in stock at TQ. What tires should be used? Pit Shimizus or Rides? I know tire choise is pretty selective based on track, but I race on a medium traction carpet, glued to the floor. With winter comming, I assume it will be cold on the surface, so i was looking at super soft rears and soft fronts. Just need to figure out if ride or pits will fit the wheels.
Old 10-26-2011, 10:58 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Buy extra front wings and mounts.
Old 10-26-2011, 12:45 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by cartix
Buy extra front wings and mounts.
That's what I was afraid of...The F103/F104 wings get mangled pretty easily already and they have a lot more beefy of a mount. I'll still probably get one though...it is just too cool of a car not to.
Old 10-26-2011, 01:23 PM
Tech Elite

Smile

Originally Posted by dynamic_e
Oooh, back in stock at TQ. What tires should be used? Pit Shimizus or Rides? I know tire choise is pretty selective based on track, but I race on a medium traction carpet, glued to the floor. With winter comming, I assume it will be cold on the surface, so i was looking at super soft rears and soft fronts. Just need to figure out if ride or pits will fit the wheels.
Ride tires fit on FGX rims.

Thanks.
Old 10-26-2011, 01:23 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by spring71
Pre-Order available for new 3Racing Sakura FGX kit with Free Shipping. (Limited Quantities)

The estimated shipping date is Nov 2nd.

Click Here to see the detail.

FYI, Thanks.
Ordered, thanks! With a set of Medium Rides front and rear.
Old 10-26-2011, 01:24 PM
Tech Elite

Smile

Originally Posted by liljohn1064
Ordered, thanks!
I just got your order. Thanks.
Old 10-26-2011, 01:27 PM
Tech Master

You guys are killing me.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.