Community
Wiki Posts
Search

spintec I.C.C charger

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2007, 08:37 AM
Shop Owner

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Oh yes, it's very beneficial. Next time you charge check temperature of each cell and you will be amazed of the differences (no matter which is the matcher) you see on the cells

ChadL, have you tried the other emails found on http://www.spintec.nl/contact.shtml ?
Old 08-10-2007, 09:06 AM
Tech Initiate

Yeah... I am really not looking forward to sending the unit to the Netherlands to get fixed... and having to pay for it.... I have tried the other emails. Not sure the next step.

Chad
Old 08-10-2007, 10:24 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by ChadL
Yeah... I am really not looking forward to sending the unit to the Netherlands to get fixed... and having to pay for it.... I have tried the other emails. Not sure the next step.

Chad
Did you try this email: e.j.jonk at spintec.nl

Just remember many people are on holiday during this period. I am sure Erik will help you out.

Ronald
Old 08-10-2007, 11:44 AM
Tech Master

ChadL,

I had the same problem (just a month ago), after you upgrade the firmware, it should say "success" or something at the end.

May I ask if you are using a usb <--> serial connection?

If that's the case, I can tell you that the icc does not like fake serial ports. I have no idea why. I have sent an email to spintec, with no reply regarding that issue.

Try upgrading through a REAL serial port. The icc will upgrade properly when data is sent from a real serial port for some reason...

When it works, you will realize you are not wasting your $ and your old nimh batteries will show you on the track what a great charger this is.
Old 08-10-2007, 12:17 PM
Tech Initiate

First upgrade was with a PC with a usb to serial converter.. second attempt after the damage was done was with a PC with a real serial port. It will not even show connected on either PC anymore. Says No ICC is connected.

Chad
Old 08-10-2007, 02:54 PM
Tech Initiate

Ok... since the unit is out of warranty.. I direct soldered the pc connection and check everything with a ohm meter... everything is good.. but still no connectivity.. Still no response from spintec.
Old 08-10-2007, 03:48 PM
Tech Initiate

Anyone know what spintec charges to work on there equipment? How long of a turn around they have?????
Old 08-10-2007, 06:02 PM
Tech Master

Maybe try different computers that have successfully upgraded spintec chargers to try yours?
Old 08-11-2007, 01:31 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Hey Chad

I have 2 of these chargers with the newer charger I went to upgrade to the new sotfware when I recieved it, I messed up the connection as I have a new computer (usb to serial port converter).

Had the same just 2 lines in the manual it explains these lines in the download section, it doesn't mean the charger is faulty as my new charger showed these same lines as I stuffed up the download.

I got both chargers to download the latest upgrade through the usb port but it did take time.

I had to switch usb ports(tried all 4) untill I could get the connected sign showing then it still takes awhile to download to the charger.

My thoughts are that it takes longer period of time to upgrade through a usb to serial port converter compared to the older serial port, I have just upgraded my computer from a pentium 2 333mhz to a dualcore 1.86ghz with vista and I felt the new computer was slower to upgrade the ICC.

By the way I am a 40+ computer illiterate fool (as I think of myself) so be patient( that aint easy sometimes).
Old 08-11-2007, 10:53 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by bjspinner
Hey Chad

I have 2 of these chargers with the newer charger I went to upgrade to the new sotfware when I recieved it, I messed up the connection as I have a new computer (usb to serial port converter).

Had the same just 2 lines in the manual it explains these lines in the download section, it doesn't mean the charger is faulty as my new charger showed these same lines as I stuffed up the download.

I got both chargers to download the latest upgrade through the usb port but it did take time.

I had to switch usb ports(tried all 4) untill I could get the connected sign showing then it still takes awhile to download to the charger.

My thoughts are that it takes longer period of time to upgrade through a usb to serial port converter compared to the older serial port, I have just upgraded my computer from a pentium 2 333mhz to a dualcore 1.86ghz with vista and I felt the new computer was slower to upgrade the ICC.

By the way I am a 40+ computer illiterate fool (as I think of myself) so be patient( that aint easy sometimes).

After the first download died.. I tried upgrading again.. and the computers either witha real serial port or adapter will not even recognize the charger. That is the problem.. Not sure why.. before they would now they wont.. It doesnt even see the charger..

Chad
Old 08-11-2007, 01:02 PM
Tech Master

Chad,

Regarding the computer with the real serial port, are you sure its working?
Old 08-11-2007, 03:15 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Chad

pages back there where a few people who recomended to save the files to the computer first then do the upgrade.

dont know if you installed this way, but this is the way I have been upgrading and only had trouble on a change of computer.
Old 08-11-2007, 11:50 PM
Tech Initiate

The serial port does work on the other computer. It is a hardware problem with the charger. Out of recommendations from a few people I decided to order another ICC Charger. I hope to get the first one I bought fixed. I did save the files to the computer and no luck. Just a hardware problem. I hope that Erik will come through and we can get the original fixed.

Thanks for everyones help. I hope the new charger will come through for me.

Chad
Old 08-12-2007, 11:12 PM
Tech Initiate

Hi Guys,

Bit off the topic about the pc connection, but nevertheless a new problem with the charger. I have had it for about 3 month or so and last week whilst cycling my batteries discovered a new problem. After turning on the unit, as soon as I pull the battery lever the screen blanks out, chargers still going but can't see anything. After rebooting it comes up fine but once again after pulling the lever or touching the dial, screen blanks out...
To overcome this problem I had to switch off the charger, install the battery, power up the unit.....SUCKS! not designed that way
Anybody have this problem or possibly advise on whats going on???
Loose connection?...., dry connection?.....or beginning of a expensive disaster?
Old 08-13-2007, 12:14 AM
Tech Master

hey TRF,

maybe you can try and upgrade the firmware again just to take one variable out of the equation...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.