Serpent 747 1/10 200mm touring @Nurnberg Toy Fair 2012

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Serpent 747 1/10 200mm touring @Nurnberg Toy Fair 2012

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2012, 03:00 PM
Tech Fanatic

Hi guys, has being already a week since we ship out the 747 . The first batch is gone, but more kits are coming soon.

A partial shipment of parts have arrived as well, and more are on the way early next week.

I will by available for tech information here, Please don't pm me because i always forgot to go check my pm's

I have uploaded a few setups on serpent.com: http://serpent.com/product/804005/setups/

The latest one is the LA, from the Ko Propo race. this one is so far the best one, in my opinion.

The reason is that, from the pre-production car i started testing and leaning in February, we have made a lot of changes for the final production car.
Most of the changes are in the front end, since we felt that the fist version had way to much flex.

Anyway, i am kind of re-learning the car every time i am running since the handling is completely different.

The quality and build of the car is supreme. I am really happy with the quality.

As a first tip, i was reading about diff building. I personally don't modify the case, i make sure to not over fill the diff. In order to do that you can either fill it "by eye" until you almost cover the diff pin, or by weight (i use this method) and i put 1.2 grams of oil. Remember that you need to leave room for the gear that is the cover, so if you fill the diff completely, that is all compress, and you have leaking, and other sort of problems.
In my opinion using a digital scale is more accurate and you can really feel the difference in the diff when you change oil. I find a compact one for $ 8 on amazon

If you use either one of this method, you will have no problem and you can tight your screws without any damage

Hope this helps and enjoy your 747

Paolo
Old 06-01-2012, 07:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

See this is support! Great work Paolo and Serpent
Old 06-01-2012, 08:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Paolo, with your KO setup, you have 20,000 and 10,000 diffs.

Is this a typo?
Old 06-01-2012, 08:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Michael_T

Is this a typo?
i have looked at other setups and one said 40k front and rear diffs
and shock oils are now dropping to EP TC weight oils ? and orange front and rear springs ?
Old 06-01-2012, 10:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (94%+)

Is this a typo?
Michael why are you asking questions re the 747????
is there something you are not telling me?
Old 06-02-2012, 05:38 AM
Tech Adept

paolo, what is a good starting set-up for kissimmee [ bumpy ] for shocks and the front and rear diff.
the kit was easy to put togeather , and the parts bags were well marked making it easy to follow the manual.
thanks howard
Old 06-02-2012, 05:45 AM
Tech Fanatic

Is this a typo?
Sorry for the typo. It's 200.000 front, 100.000 rear
Old 06-02-2012, 05:51 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by howardns
paolo, what is a good starting set-up for kissimmee [ bumpy ] for shocks and the front and rear diff.
the kit was easy to put togeather , and the parts bags were well marked making it easy to follow the manual.
thanks howard
I will start with my LA setup, and i will change:
Rear downstop to 2
Rear shock position on the arm and second hole on the tower
Shock oil to 500
Rear Red long springs
Old 06-02-2012, 06:00 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Pattojnr
i have looked at other setups and one said 40k front and rear diffs
and shock oils are now dropping to EP TC weight oils ? and orange front and rear springs ?
The new shocks are completely different. Not only the bladder system, but the diameter of the pistons and shape is also different, so you need to use lighter oil.

An important thing i have found with the silicon oil is to stick always with the same brand. Theoretically speaking, beside some american oils, all the manufacturers use the CST standard, but if you try 50k from brand "AAA" and 50K from brand "BBB" they are not the same. It happen to me once, i was running 70K on the rear diff and i was willing to go a little harder and i put 80K form another brand and now the car was doing donuts... i then found out that the 80k from the other brand was almost twice as thick as the 70K i was using. Unfortunately Serpent doesn't make shock oil, so everybody uses different brands. The important tip is, stick to one brand and learn your oils.
Old 06-02-2012, 07:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Paolo M
The new shocks are completely different. Not only the bladder system, but the diameter of the pistons and shape is also different, so you need to use lighter oil.

An important thing i have found with the silicon oil is to stick always with the same brand. Theoretically speaking, beside some american oils, all the manufacturers use the CST standard, but if you try 50k from brand "AAA" and 50K from brand "BBB" they are not the same. It happen to me once, i was running 70K on the rear diff and i was willing to go a little harder and i put 80K form another brand and now the car was doing donuts... i then found out that the 80k from the other brand was almost twice as thick as the 70K i was using. Unfortunately Serpent doesn't make shock oil, so everybody uses different brands. The important tip is, stick to one brand and learn your oils.
my kit the shock oil wasnt marked. just in a clear bottle. i always use Xceed oils, wether it be diff or shocks, i dont use anything else. so i built them using my 411 oils i run. as i was going to try them on the 411 before i baught another set for the 411. Thanks Paolo.
Old 06-02-2012, 08:00 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Paolo M
Hi guys, has being already a week since we ship out the 747 . The first batch is gone, but more kits are coming soon.

A partial shipment of parts have arrived as well, and more are on the way early next week.

I will by available for tech information here, Please don't pm me because i always forgot to go check my pm's

I have uploaded a few setups on serpent.com: http://serpent.com/product/804005/setups/

The latest one is the LA, from the Ko Propo race. this one is so far the best one, in my opinion.

The reason is that, from the pre-production car i started testing and leaning in February, we have made a lot of changes for the final production car.
Most of the changes are in the front end, since we felt that the fist version had way to much flex.

Anyway, i am kind of re-learning the car every time i am running since the handling is completely different.

The quality and build of the car is supreme. I am really happy with the quality.

As a first tip, i was reading about diff building. I personally don't modify the case, i make sure to not over fill the diff. In order to do that you can either fill it "by eye" until you almost cover the diff pin, or by weight (i use this method) and i put 1.2 grams of oil. Remember that you need to leave room for the gear that is the cover, so if you fill the diff completely, that is all compress, and you have leaking, and other sort of problems.
In my opinion using a digital scale is more accurate and you can really feel the difference in the diff when you change oil. I find a compact one for $ 8 on amazon

If you use either one of this method, you will have no problem and you can tight your screws without any damage

Hope this helps and enjoy your 747

Paolo

Daniel
Old 06-03-2012, 09:45 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

If anybody is looking for a new one piece engine mount, I've got one in the for sale thread: http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...l#post10813641
Old 06-07-2012, 10:51 PM
Tech Adept

What is the weight of your cars on average, after building it and assembling everything. (race ready). I've need to start thing on how many extra weights I need to get.
Old 06-08-2012, 12:22 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Mine comes in at 1634g race ready (INS box fitted) with lightweight shell and low profile servos. Im also running a lipo.

Simon
Old 06-10-2012, 07:17 AM
Tech Elite

Anyone using the RCX rx LiPo battery? Where can I get one from please?

BM

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.