Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

FEAR FARM RC RACEWAY

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 13 votes, 3.00 average.

Old 07-21-2011, 10:03 AM
Tech Initiate

After attempting to drive on the track there at FF for the past year I finally was able to last night. I had fun and there was a lot of help to keep it that way with a lot of volunteer marshals. The track did have a little bit of damage on the curve of the straightaways with some scattered large stones. But that was easily fixed. Thank you Fear Farm for a fun night of practicing. Also thanks to Quicks RC for recommending that I finally go and take the plunge. Now I gotta work on actually racing.
Old 07-21-2011, 10:06 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mellen_mpz
I got new avid bearings but I'm too lazy to install them. Also, I will be running my truck dirty tonight as I dont feel like cleaning it!!!

I did however, get a new radio so I spent last night installing receivers in my 22 and the SCTE.

The only issue I have had so far is the droop screws in the rear arms. When we were about to start the main last week, I noticed my truck was sitting funny. I ran the whole main with only 50% travel on my left rear. I suggest backing the screw out and putting some locktite on them.
I ended up just limiting mine internally. The droop screws on the SCTE work themselves around way too much after just one race.
Old 07-21-2011, 10:20 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by onefast8
I ended up just limiting mine internally. The droop screws on the SCTE work themselves around way too much after just one race.
I noticed that as well after my cleaning after the last race. My rear right had half the travel as my left. I have never seen that before.
Old 07-21-2011, 10:57 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Thurs race time...

I'm hoping to make the trip out from the east side this eve with a few more guys, 7pm start I hope?
Thanks,
Lance
Old 07-21-2011, 11:33 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mellen_mpz
I got new avid bearings but I'm too lazy to install them. Also, I will be running my truck dirty tonight as I dont feel like cleaning it!!!

I did however, get a new radio so I spent last night installing receivers in my 22 and the SCTE.

The only issue I have had so far is the droop screws in the rear arms. When we were about to start the main last week, I noticed my truck was sitting funny. I ran the whole main with only 50% travel on my left rear. I suggest backing the screw out and putting some locktite on them.
The AVID's are nice and a must up grade. still need to do the steering and frt. diff., all hubs,center diff,rear diff are done. New body painted with nice and clean truck

Originally Posted by losi_racer
What's slight binding?? Just a high spot somewhere Or binding all way around . But no I haven't run into it. I do need new bearings tho ,stock ones ate rougher then Hell . Ive been slammed with so many other things now gotta put tko bearings in next week in the sc
It was me...put the bearing retainer for the right out drive in wrong.
Fix'ed and ready to roll
Old 07-21-2011, 01:15 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

+me&my home brew

Originally Posted by Vareck
So glad Joey finally made that announcement!!!!!!!!!!! Taking Reservations NOW for Tent City it is gonna be The Biggest and Best Tent City so far!!!!!! Let me know Music, Several Grills and Flat Grill, Team PIB style!!!!!!!!!!!!

List;
MR PIB
BIG NASTY
Roy E
Dennis M
Chip Levis
Greg Payne
Tony Veno
Old 07-21-2011, 01:22 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Taking Reservations NOW for Tent City it is gonna be The Biggest and Best Tent City so far!!!!!! Let me know Music, Several Grills and Flat Grill, Team PIB style!!!!!!!!!!!!

List;
MR PIB
BIG NASTY
Roy E
Dennis M
Chip Levis
Greg Payne
Tony Veno
Matt S "BREW MASTER"
Nick "THE CANADIAN"
Krazy Keith
James A
and the list keeps growing!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-21-2011, 01:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (86%+)

Taking Reservations NOW for Tent City it is gonna be The Biggest and Best Tent City so far!!!!!! Let me know Music, Several Grills and Flat Grill, Team PIB style!!!!!!!!!!!!

List;
MR PIB
BIG NASTY
Roy E
Dennis M
Chip Levis
Greg Payne
Tony Veno
Matt S "BREW MASTER"
Nick "THE CANADIAN"
Krazy Keith
James A
ADD me to that list.... WOO WHOO!! Finish teckno, glow sticks and whistles!!! Oh and the racing part!!
Old 07-21-2011, 03:12 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

List;
MR PIB
BIG NASTY
Roy E
Dennis M
Greg S
Chip Levis
Mike H
Marcus F
Greg Payne
Tony Veno
Matt S "BREW MASTER"
Nick "THE CANADIAN"
Krazy Keith
James A
Old 07-21-2011, 03:32 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fullpull
Nice....just did the same... allso installed new avid bearings all the way around. Only down side is I'm having a problem with the rear ring and pinion gear. Gettin some light binding going on when doing a roll check. Gonna break it back down put new gear housing,ring and pinion on. Everything looked good when cleaning last night

This has been my only problem with the truck. Have you run into anything like this?
Usually that means there is a chipped or broken tooth on your pinion or ring gear. It's possible that it just needs to be re-shimmed but take it out and inspect it carefully. Make sure you shim it snug, meaning only the smallest amount of play between the ring and pinion.
Old 07-21-2011, 03:34 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Is racing at 6 or 7 tonight.... just want to confirm
Old 07-21-2011, 03:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by diamondracing
Is racing at 6 or 7 tonight.... just want to confirm
Old 07-21-2011, 04:40 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Don text me your new phone number. 480-459-1752
Old 07-21-2011, 04:46 PM
Tech Champion

List;
MR PIB
BIG NASTY
Roy E
Dennis M
Greg S
Chip Levis
Mike H
Marcus F
Greg Payne
Tony Veno
Matt S "BREW MASTER"
Nick "THE CANADIAN"
Krazy Keith
James A
I wanna PIT by the Brew Master........ my Keg-O-Rator is only 5 minutes away... and IS portable

So SIGN ME UP!!!

Stav
Old 07-21-2011, 04:56 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

I just wanted to give you guys a heads up, in case you expecting to eat at the track on Saturday. Burrito sales are no longer so don't plan on picking up a green chili burrito at FF.

The property owner wants a fairly sizable cut of the total sales and my wife's profit margin was already slim as slim gets. To increase the prices to compensate would have made the food too expensive, or at least a price point we were uncomfortable charging fellow racers, kind of like the ridiculously overpriced festival or fair food.

SOS Burritos has been retired but it was a fun few weeks, HA! At least now she can watch me drive again and once again be my biggest, errrrr, only fan.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 13 votes, 3.00 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.