Like Tree630Likes

Old TC Cars - Still Racing Competitively

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-17-2016, 11:47 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Metalsoft
You could compare it to a TB-02 maybe. That's as far as I could agree with you on that.

There is a reason a TC3 is $60 on ebay and a 414 is $600.
The reason isn't related to performance. I just did a quick eBay search for the 414, and it's BNIB for $600. That's a rare collectors item. The TA03F David Jun goes for around that price, and that car wasn't even in the same league. You won't find a BNIB TC3 on eBay for $60, especially not the Factory Team version. I'd buy it in a heartbeat if I found one.

Heck, I'm struggling to find a used TC3 in any condition for $60.
Old 12-18-2016, 05:05 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Classic RC Chassis Prices

Talking about chassis prices. Anyone know the price of these chassis?

HPI Pro 4(including Hara Edition)
Tamiya Evolution 5(including MS Edition)

Thank you
Old 12-18-2016, 06:30 AM
Tech Champion

I promise you a TC3 or TC4 can win at most classes with the right driver(me) lol...and setup...both are still do very well in VTA and USGT, and even some 17.5 cases...the competition and driver will be the factor that makes the difference
Old 12-18-2016, 09:13 AM
DMD
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DARKSIDE
I promise you a TC3 or TC4 can win at most classes with the right driver(me) lol...and setup...both are still do very well in VTA and USGT, and even some 17.5 cases...the competition and driver will be the factor that makes the difference
+1
Old 12-18-2016, 09:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

One of the things I like about racing an older tub chassis TC3 car is that I don't have to worry about tweaking or breaking the chassis.
Old 12-18-2016, 10:11 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gigaplex
The reason isn't related to performance. I just did a quick eBay search for the 414, and it's BNIB for $600. That's a rare collectors item. The TA03F David Jun goes for around that price, and that car wasn't even in the same league. You won't find a BNIB TC3 on eBay for $60, especially not the Factory Team version. I'd buy it in a heartbeat if I found one.

Heck, I'm struggling to find a used TC3 in any condition for $60.
Again I have to disagree...

Layout, geometry and build quality are superior.

You guys are comparing this....

To this....

I know Team AE is a popular brand, but come on, those two are not in the same league.
Old 12-18-2016, 02:18 PM
Tech Champion

To this....

I know Team AE is a popular brand, but come on, those two are not in the same league.
So because it looks more expensive, it must be faster? Sure, the TC3 had some minor build quality issues, but it has already proven itself on the track, and you're completely ignoring the results.

You've also cherry picked a photoshoot quality pic of a 414 vs a candid pic of a virtually bone stock RTR spec TC3. Anything to show your preferred car in a more favourable light.
Old 12-18-2016, 02:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I agree that the 414 looks more "professional" but honestly, just compare the results, TC3 have won many many many more races than the 414 ;-)
Old 12-18-2016, 04:45 PM
Tech Champion

The tc3/tc4 tub chassis cars have 130g to 160g chassis and no top deck , resulting in a very low CG compared to those other so called "professional" CF superlight chassis with top decks, that need a heavier aluminum chassis(90g to 120g) to lower the CG.... All you guys need to do to the tc3/tc4 is make weight by losing all top mass, and you'll be competitive...
Results are better than looking professional !!!!!
This is RC racing, not bling drifting.....
For all of you wondering about my tc4.2, my tc7.1 shocks are on backorder: that's why I haven't track tested my BERT edition tc4 yet...
Old 12-18-2016, 05:08 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by bertrandsv87
The tc3/tc4 tub chassis cars have 130g to 160g chassis and no top deck , resulting in a very low CG compared to those other so called "professional" CF superlight chassis with top decks, that need a heavier aluminum chassis(90g to 120g) to lower the CG.... All you guys need to do to the tc3/tc4 is make weight by losing all top mass, and you'll be competitive...
Results are better than looking professional !!!!!
This is RC racing, not bling drifting.....
For all of you wondering about my tc4.2, my tc7.1 shocks are on backorder: that's why I haven't track tested my BERT edition tc4 yet...
Forget the shocks, stop making excuses, and hit the track. At the very least, you'll have a baseline to compare how much of a difference the shock changes alone will make. You make far too many changes in one go to be able to measure what changes are actually useful.
Old 12-18-2016, 05:37 PM
Tech Elite

Forget the shocks, stop making excuses, and hit the track. At the very least, you'll have a baseline to compare how much of a difference the shock changes alone will make. You make far too many changes in one go to be able to measure what changes are actually useful.
Stop egging him on, Bert doesnt race. He never will.
Old 12-18-2016, 06:57 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

So because it looks more expensive, it must be faster? Sure, the TC3 had some minor build quality issues, but it has already proven itself on the track, and you're completely ignoring the results.

You've also cherry picked a photoshoot quality pic of a 414 vs a candid pic of a virtually bone stock RTR spec TC3. Anything to show your preferred car in a more favourable light.

I couldn't find a better pic of the TC3...

This goes up to 2014

http://www.thercracer.com/2014/10/if...ship-cars.html

I know in the early 2000's Barry Baker won with a TC3.

Not sure how you can argue that the TRF 414 is a better car than the TC3.

We can agree to disagree.
Old 12-18-2016, 07:19 PM
Tech Champion

I couldn't find a better pic of the TC3...

This goes up to 2014

http://www.thercracer.com/2014/10/if...ship-cars.html

I know in the early 2000's Barry Baker won with a TC3.

Not sure how you can argue that the TRF 414 is a better car than the TC3.

We can agree to disagree.
You didn't try very hard. Google image search for "TC3" comes up with a ton of pictures.

As for the IFMAR results you posted, the 2002 result is of interest. The TC3 was the TQ and the favourite to win, but due to some impressive driving in the 3rd main and a DNF from the TC3, the 414 snuck in the win. We already discussed this specific race with you earlier in this thread.

Both cars are in the same league. I'm not claiming the 414 is rubbish, it's definitely a capable car. But you claimed that the 414 is the ONLY vintage car that can keep up with modern cars. This is patently false.
Old 12-18-2016, 10:03 PM
Tech Champion

Just so it's clear... Team Associated doesn't make a TC4.2....there is no such car.
Old 12-18-2016, 10:59 PM
Tech Addict

To this....

The Associated TC3 is the current New Zealand national champion in 21.5T Touring. It has beaten many very expensive late model cars. I think what makes it so great is:
- Shaft drive
- Very low CG
- limited set up options keeps things much simpler.

There is also a video on youtube of a TLO1 which drives like an Xray very impressive!!!

Mike

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.