Yokomo MR-4TC SD

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2003, 01:58 AM
Tech Regular

and another...
Attached Thumbnails Yokomo MR-4TC SD-front.jpg  
Old 05-04-2003, 01:59 AM
Tech Regular

and one that just looks cool i think....
Attached Thumbnails Yokomo MR-4TC SD-front-setup.jpg  
Old 05-04-2003, 02:03 AM
Tech Regular

Today i ran the car at the carpet track and i since i have no hop up and i need springs that are on order i got a decent time of 13.8

I also broke a arm like everyone has im sure but heres something you might want to look at.
Attached Thumbnails Yokomo MR-4TC SD-suzuki-arm.jpg  
Old 05-04-2003, 04:35 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by KilRuf

Anyhow, goin to bed. Just got back from X2. Pretty good movie. Especially like Night Crawler! Now just gotta wait for Matrix Reloaded!! Catch yall L8Rz!
Mystique is one HOT babe!
Old 05-04-2003, 06:54 AM
Tech Fanatic

Got our kit built this weekend. My initial impressions of the SD build:

Upside: Well-made parts and molds. Drive train is very free without the work you put into freeing up the TC3.

Downside: Top plate is too flexy making the overall chassis a bit more flexy than you'd expect with a 3mm bottom plate. Wish Yok had spec'd teflon-sealed bearings, aluminum CVDs, fewer steel screws and maybe fewer plastic parts. Can't use AE springs (too long). Droop screws don't rest on chassis plate with kit suspension set up.
Old 05-04-2003, 08:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally posted by coolrcdad
...Downside: Top plate is too flexy making the overall chassis a bit more flexy than you'd expect with a 3mm bottom plate. Wish Yok had spec'd teflon-sealed bearings, aluminum CVDs, fewer steel screws and maybe fewer plastic parts. Can't use AE springs (too long). Droop screws don't rest on chassis plate with kit suspension set up.
your chassis has a lot of flex?.. ...i think just the opposite about mine...i think it is one of the stiffest dual-deck (actualy tripple-decker) chassis' on the market...just a lil bit of twist in it, but the fore and aft is like a brick...SOLID....

had a problem with the droop issue to, but only up front...solved it with the longer lower shock ends.

scale of 1-10...9.85 Yokomo did a lot of research when developing this car...i see a lot things that i wished for in the other shaft cars on, and a few cool things xclusive to the YOK...

may not be teflon shocks..but damn do they go together easily...and no air in there..
Old 05-04-2003, 10:45 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally posted by coolrcdad
Got our kit built this weekend. My initial impressions of the SD build:

Upside: Well-made parts and molds. Drive train is very free without the work you put into freeing up the TC3.

Downside: Top plate is too flexy making the overall chassis a bit more flexy than you'd expect with a 3mm bottom plate. Wish Yok had spec'd teflon-sealed bearings, aluminum CVDs, fewer steel screws and maybe fewer plastic parts. Can't use AE springs (too long). Droop screws don't rest on chassis plate with kit suspension set up.

yes he top plate is flexy by itself...but when on the chassis...overall the chassis is very stiff.

I was able to get teflon sealed bearing for about $26.00 shipped. THat is a bargain. PM me and I'll give you how to contact her. yes...it's a her..
Old 05-04-2003, 03:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

i have to complement yokomo on designing what looks like another contender.

one question though, why is the slotted hole for mounting the servo not countersunk??? it seems funny to over look such a detail.

also...

if anyone knows the internal ratio, and the actual tooth counts on the ring and crown gears, i would be greatful.

peter
Old 05-04-2003, 03:57 PM
Tag
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

hey guys, i have been thinking about getting this car just about how much you guys paid for yours ?
Old 05-04-2003, 04:25 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Peter- the internal ratio is 2.353

Tag- www.speedworldraceway.com has them for $279.99, I think Billy still has one or two left.
Old 05-04-2003, 06:02 PM
Tech Fanatic

Peter: Sam noticed that, too so he used a hex nut that fits inside the slot and added servo tape to secure the servo.

Tag: We got ours from speedtechrc for $269.

Osherman: we tried the longer shock bottom mounts and thought the front shocks were too long with them.

Ran the car today on carpet with the kit set up and springs (CS27 tires) and it handled very well out of the box. Lots of steering.
Old 05-04-2003, 06:19 PM
Tech Fanatic

But wait, there's more! . . .

The hex nut in the non countersunk servo chassis hole helps keep the servo from shifting around but the tape is essential.

And, is Yok serious about the kit gear ratio? 5.5?
Old 05-04-2003, 06:30 PM
Tech Elite

whats wrong with the kit bearings ? Also what Cells fit best in the battery slots GP or the Sanyos ? Are you guys running into any problems when building the car ? Do you need to do any Mods to get the drivetrain free ?

Thanks
Old 05-04-2003, 06:41 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

coolrcdad- that ratio is what they run their 23T stock motors in Japan

Thegame- There's nothing wrong with the kit bearings, some people just prefer teflon sealed ones. I'm running the GP's and you just need to file down the battery slots and they fit fine. I haven't heard of anyone having any problems building their kits yet. After about 5-6 battery packs through my car the drivetrain is very free, just space the diffs following the instructions and you'll be fine. No need to shave anything like the TC3.

Has anyone else noticed how quiet the cars are? My car sounds like a belt car, no whine like a TC3 or barracuda
Old 05-04-2003, 07:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally posted by Matt Howard
...Has anyone else noticed how quiet the cars are? My car sounds like a belt car, no whine like a TC3 or barracuda

funny you mention it..today at its first outing, the scorekeeper at our track approaches me and compliments me on how the car looks...and also follows up the compliment with, "why is your car so quiet? you can barely hear it? do you use the brakes?"...i just chuckled..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.