Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions
MurfDogg Motor Works Discussion thread >

MurfDogg Motor Works Discussion thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MurfDogg Motor Works Discussion thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2012, 12:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rangerjkb
Several of the motors you mentioned are good power plants. I have personnaly used all the ones you've mentioned and definitely preffer the Murfdogg Synergy Motor. It provides the best bottom end torque and top end RPM. Most satisfying power plant I have raced.
How long have you been running the 17.5 you have. One of the issues I've heard about and have experienced once is longevity. The Tekin 17.5 I had didn't last a season, it just faded away as far as the power goes, never over temped it.
Old 01-27-2012, 04:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Slash and Burn: I haven't experienced a brushless motor go bad. Only one issue occurred over a year ago, with a rotor shaft mounted cooling fan coming loose from the shaft. I like to perform routine maintenance on all my motors to ensure they perform to their maximum potential. Over a year and a half ago, I spent ALOT of $$$$ on all the top brands of ESC's and Motor combo's to determine which performed the best, offered superb customer support and an overall durable/dependable product. After months of testing, racing twice a week, and speaking with factory reps to get the best performance from their products, I chose Murfdogg Synergy Motors and a Tekin RS Pro ESC. I have had much success, confidence and complete satisfaction with the products I chose. With Murfdogg Products, you're getting the best quality product enabling racers to compete at the highest levels within the hobby and a company that stands behind it.

Last edited by rangerjkb; 01-28-2012 at 08:41 PM.
Old 01-28-2012, 02:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Thanks for your help.

What are you running them in, buggy, truck, SC?

Are there tuning options, high torque, high rpm?

Does he optimize each motor?

Thanks again
Old 01-28-2012, 08:39 PM
Tech Elite

I have used in Offroad 2WD Buggy, 2WD SCT, 4WD Buggy and Onroad TC Sedan. He does offer them in a RPM or Torque style rotor and will build to suit your application. He does optimize each motor to get the best performance from it before sending to a customer. If interested, please send him an email at [email protected].
Thank you and wish you the very best in your racing!
Old 01-31-2012, 08:12 AM
Tech Elite

Began the 2012 Season Points Series racing in El Paso, TX with superb results using Murfdogg Products (Murfdogg Synergy 10.5T, Supercharger 5500, 65c Batteries, and Murfdogg Octane Booster)! Drivers using Murfdogg products took TQ, 2nd, 6th & 7th grid positions for a very close finishing final (0.2 seconds). Murfdogg Products performed exceptionally enabling drivers to finish up the main with 2nd, 5th, 6th positions within a challenging field of competitors.
Thanks Matt! Keep of the great work developing such fantastic products!!!
Old 01-31-2012, 09:29 AM
Tech Champion

Began the 2012 Season Points Series racing in El Paso, TX with superb results using Murfdogg Products (Murfdogg Synergy 10.5T, Supercharger 5500, 65c Batteries, and Murfdogg Octane Booster)! Drivers using Murfdogg products took TQ, 2nd, 6th & 7th grid positions for a very close finishing final (0.2 seconds). Murfdogg Products performed exceptionally enabling drivers to finish up the main with 2nd, 5th, 6th positions within a challenging field of competitors.
Nice job, Murfdogg products working them over in the points series already.

Race one or Chase one.
Old 02-06-2012, 10:43 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Cool LRP SXX SS 13.5 1s

For anyone looking at running the MurfDogg 13.5 Synergy motor in 12th scale. On a 13.5 Boosted setup.

I have been working on a setup with the LRP SXX Stock Spec V2.
It's fairly quick, though the only cars I have to compare against are running mod.

Give this a shot, for something a little different....
90X45 Carpet track

0-10-12-0
0 deg motor timing
66.5 roll

http://www.tqrcracing.com/
Old 02-06-2012, 11:12 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Way to go Jason!

Originally Posted by RedBullFiXX
For anyone looking at running the MurfDogg 13.5 Synergy motor in 12th scale. On a 13.5 Boosted setup.

I have been working on a setup with the LRP SXX Stock Spec V2.
It's fairly quick, though the only cars I have to compare against are running mod.

Give this a shot, for something a little different....
90X45 Carpet track

0-10-12-0
0 deg motor timing
66.5 roll

http://www.tqrcracing.com/
Thanks Dave!
Old 02-11-2012, 03:54 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Slash and Burn
Speaking of Stock 17.5 motors, I searched this thread and couldn't find the answers to these questions:

How does the MurfDogg 17.5 compare to the other manufacturer's?

I'm running a Fantom Apex 17.5 with the 12.5mm high torque rotor and it is doing better than most of the other motors at the track. A buddy told me that the Novaks are pretty torquey so I'm going to try their Premium 17.5.

I run stock truck and would love to have as much power as possible while staying within the rules.

Any help is greatly appreciated as I'm happy to try something.

I've tried Tekin, no torque; Orion VST, no torque, although the V3 and V2 are good; I borrowed a FTM built Novak and that was crazy, felt like a 10.5.
maybe you can try Murfdogg 17.5 with 12.5 spec rotor it will be more torque, with 5 motor timing always( high timing will make motor fast a little,but temp hihg more)
Fantom is a good, but maybe less high-end than Murfdogg

different brand motor may have different factory motor timing setting, specially in Blinky model race,so... the result will be different.

anyway, No best motor,only better user and better Service.

Enjoy!
Old 02-13-2012, 11:48 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Thumbs up Weekend Results

This weekend Was A Long One But It Was worth it. went to the 2012 cabin fever indoor supercross in lewiston ID. Had Amazing Runs all Weekend Long All Because Of Murfdogg Motor works! Ended Up With TQ and 1st place in 4wd mod buggy and qualified 2nd and finished 2nd in mod sc. Couldnt Ask for a better motor to run than Murfdogg motors! BIG Thanks To Matt and the Crew For Making Such Amazing Products! Keep It Up!
(Race One Or Chase One)
Old 02-13-2012, 11:55 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Troy*Fanciullo*
This weekend Was A Long One But It Was worth it. went to the 2012 cabin fever indoor supercross in lewiston ID. Had Amazing Runs all Weekend Long All Because Of Murfdogg Motor works! Ended Up With TQ and 1st place in 4wd mod buggy and qualified 2nd and finished 2nd in mod sc. Couldnt Ask for a better motor to run than Murfdogg motors! BIG Thanks To Matt and the Crew For Making Such Amazing Products! Keep It Up!
(Race One Or Chase One)
NICE JOB TROY! Way to run first big race out with the Murfdogg's buddy.

Here is the off-road thread for Murfdogg if you want to post it over there too.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...thread-87.html

,Uhg - New guys (just kidding)
Old 02-13-2012, 12:08 PM
Tech Elite

Way to go Troy!!! Big congrat's, I know how extremely competitive it is with that field at Cabin Fever Race.
Old 02-13-2012, 12:16 PM
Tech Elite

Tightened up our 2012 Points Series Onroad race this weekend using Murfdogg Products, taking TQ position and finishing 2nd, making it a tie for first place points headed towards round 3 race!
Old 02-15-2012, 11:36 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Out of town

Matt is in Pennsylvania at the February Freeze Dirt Oval race. Murfdogg will reopen on the 21st. As always, Team Murfdogg drivers can answer your questions until he get's back to the lab!
Old 02-17-2012, 07:06 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Posted some Murfdogg motors for sale in classified. No problems with them just thinning the herd for the summer. Check them out. Thanks Keith

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.