Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

Tamiya TRF415

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2005, 09:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Nah, had to rebuild the right front suspension on my car after an incident with a XRay
Old 05-20-2005, 09:07 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

similar, just waiting till sunday to try out the DJ suspension
Old 05-20-2005, 09:45 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally posted by TryHard
similar, just waiting till sunday to try out the DJ suspension
I'm interested in seeing what you think of it. Are you running the LW suspension already? I was thinking of the DJ rear setup but run the stock suspension.
Old 05-21-2005, 01:30 AM
Tech Master

Me I'm gonna try it tonight on one of the tracks i know best. It's indoors carpet, so it'll be interesting to see for the indoors season. Will be to Ashby next week to practice for next nationals.
Old 05-21-2005, 09:20 AM
Tech Initiate

Hi Guys,

Just wondering what would I need to buy as spares or necessary items to go racing with if I bought a TRF415MS?

How does it compare to other kits (JRXS, FK05, PRO4) - build quality, durability, performance?

Where can I get setup sheets on this car?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers from,

A Tamiya Wannbe in the making.
Old 05-21-2005, 03:22 PM
Tech Master

Oh well, for a first time out on a surface that is not supposed to be the best one for that suspension, i suppose it could have been worse. Still I had poblems with my rear tyres overheating, but other than that the car was really stable, pushing off and on power when it used to be really twitchy. I can't wait to try it outdoors
Old 05-22-2005, 08:59 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rockape
Just wondering what would I need to buy as spares or necessary items to go racing with if I bought a TRF415MS?
I would stock the usual.....arms, c-hubs, knuckles, rear hubs.

How does it compare to other kits (JRXS, FK05, PRO4) - build quality, durability, performance?
can't speak for the MS...I own a stock 415 and use both LW and stock suspension. build quality is on par with xray, losi and hpi....if not better.

Where can I get setup sheets on this car?
http://tamiyausa.com/articles/feature.php?article-id=79

or many people on this thread will post their's or have already downloaded a few we could email.

hope you get the car.
Old 05-22-2005, 09:02 PM
Tech Initiate

Thanks for the info Nexus. I have almost made up my mind on car choice, it's between the JRXS and TRF415MS. Just one more question, what is the LW suspension I see people referring to and using? Is it something new, if so what is the part number and how much? Does it work? and what does it do?

Thanks again.
Old 05-22-2005, 09:10 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Thanks for the info Nexus. I have almost made up my mind on car choice, it's between the JRXS and TRF415MS. Just one more question, what is the LW suspension I see people referring to and using? Is it something new, if so what is the part number and how much? Does it work? and what does it do?

Thanks again.
That's what the 415MS runs...On asphault or carpet rubber tires people tend to lean toward using it.

I run both rubber and foam tires so I stick with the stock suspension....which I also feel is more durable.
Old 05-22-2005, 09:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I've gotten used to my car with the standard suspension. Also the fact that I owned two TA04s before it and have a ton of suspension parts for it puts me against moving to the LW suspension (that, and cost).

Of course the LW gives you more adjustment, so I guess people who are really want it will love it.
Old 05-23-2005, 04:03 AM
Tech Initiate

I assume that the LW stands for the lightweight reversible suspension.

Also, just wondering if anyone has seen or used the pro-module rear suspension on the trf415ms? If so, what is it like and where and how much does it cost?
Old 05-23-2005, 04:20 AM
Tech Master

I assume that the LW stands for the lightweight reversible suspension.

Also, just wondering if anyone has seen or used the pro-module rear suspension on the trf415ms? If so, what is it like and where and how much does it cost?
Got it on my car, just in front of me. Very nice piece of engineering. I only had the occasion to run it once though, on carpet with rubber. wasn't bad, but wasn't as quick as with the normal LW suspension. I suppose the fact that I had DJ's asphalt setup on it didn't help. Still I came second, but I would probably have won easily enough with the LW. Can't wait to try it outdoors
Old 05-23-2005, 06:19 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

I like the 415 as the build quality is as good as any top kit on the market. The LW suspension is nice but not near as durable as the stock 415 suspension (unless you buy the MS version which has the LW suspension). It gives a little more adjustments but I only run asphalt with rubber tires and really didn't need the LW suspension. My car is running perfect with the stock setup. Parts were always harder to find for the LW suspension as compared to the stock 415 suspension.

I would like the try the new DJ rear suspension but not sure what it would due for my 415 with the stock suspension on it. Not sure if it is worth spending the 100 bucks on it or not.
Old 05-23-2005, 09:04 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by wyd
I like the 415 as the build quality is as good as any top kit on the market. The LW suspension is nice but not near as durable as the stock 415 suspension (unless you buy the MS version which has the LW suspension). It gives a little more adjustments but I only run asphalt with rubber tires and really didn't need the LW suspension. My car is running perfect with the stock setup. Parts were always harder to find for the LW suspension as compared to the stock 415 suspension.

I would like the try the new DJ rear suspension but not sure what it would due for my 415 with the stock suspension on it. Not sure if it is worth spending the 100 bucks on it or not.
So are you saying to get the stock version of the trf415 and not the trf415ms version of the car if I am racing on asphalt with rubbers? What about racing on asphalt with foams? And by durable, do you mean that they break easily or not as easy to drive with?
Old 05-23-2005, 09:10 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

the stock 415 arms are to strong. i never brakeeven 1. but i bend 3X suspension mounts , end of lower deck screw mount and few hinge pins.
there are pro and cons for these .good luck

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.