Search
Like Tree9Likes

T.O.P. Racing "Photon" 1/10 EP Touring Car

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2009, 07:11 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by E.J. Evans
I'll post my setup later today. It is a little softer then Josh's, but I drove Josh's car after the race it was pretty dialed.
EJ did you get around to posting your setup?

tx
Old 06-02-2009, 08:36 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by razzor
From what i have been told the respective chassis will come with different thickness wings/standoffs with the Rubber spec having a thinner stand off if you want to stiffen the chassis a bit.
The option items is the brass weights that bolt into the chassis or in the lipo tray. The rest of teh option parts are the usual ceramic balls and bearings, stabiliser bars, shock springs, ally universal bones, low friction belts and clamp type wheel hexes.
The std chassis is essentially a full spec chassis.

as for parts interchageability i believe only the suspension arms, c-hubs, rear hub and steering blocks will be able to fit the Scythe/ARP/CFP
Originally Posted by CraigM
seriously? what a bizarre thing to leave out
Hey O.D., can we get clarification on what hubs come with the kit?
Old 06-02-2009, 08:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

mrrcguy - The sample/pre-production kits we recieved for the Reedy Race had the clamping wheel hubs (hexes). This was what was drawn in the assembly and what I think will come standard in the kit from everything I know. I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure this is what will be in there....

Again, I'm not 100% on everything that will be coming in the kit but we've also talked about 7075 red anodized tie-rods and different stuff like that. I guess we will all have to wait and see... Should be shipping any day now!!
Old 06-02-2009, 11:24 PM
Tech Elite

just reading over the parts list it looks like the kit is coming with the clamp type wheel hexes and not the oring style used in the past.
std in the kit is a 5.2mm clamp type wheel hex with a 6.2mm a option part.
Old 06-03-2009, 01:06 AM
Tech Regular

All of the CAD images had clamping hexes. Then the photo's came out and it's hard to see well, but they don't look clampy on the rubber car, but do on the foam car. Then the Instruction manual only shows clamping hexes. This is 2009- the car must come with clamping hexes!
Old 06-03-2009, 01:44 AM
Tech Elite

like i stated above the car is coming with clamping hexes with a option available in a wider hex.
Old 06-03-2009, 01:47 AM
Tech Elite

For Josh and EJ or anyone who has run the Photon so far.
We are having our nationals at the end of this month.
We will run Rubber spec kits with foam tyres on asphalt.
Would the Reedy setup be a good baseline setup to use ??
What recommended changes could you advise to suit ?
This would be for Mod and 13.5.
Thanks
Old 06-03-2009, 03:40 AM
Tech Regular

WHAT are the SPARE PARTS preferable to have during a race?
Old 06-03-2009, 03:50 AM
Tech Elite

essential parts would be suspension parts, belts and pulleys.
Hinge pins and shock towers.

It really depends on the nature of teh track as some tracks are harder on cars than others.
some guys like buying 2 kits to use one as spares.
Old 06-03-2009, 03:57 AM
Tech Regular

ok thank you razzor for your help
best regards
olivier
Old 06-03-2009, 06:13 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by razzor
essential parts would be suspension parts, belts and pulleys.
Hinge pins and shock towers.

It really depends on the nature of teh track as some tracks are harder on cars than others.
some guys like buying 2 kits to use one as spares.
belts, pulleys and shock towers?? I've never broken any of those items on a car before. yikes.
Old 06-03-2009, 06:27 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by or8ital
belts, pulleys and shock towers?? I've never broken any of those items on a car before. yikes.
Belts and pulleys I would think more for outdoor racing. Shock towers are the first thing to go when a marshal steps on your car. Or if you're driving an RDX.

Also, where's the best place to get a Nosram ESC in the states?
Old 06-03-2009, 06:39 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by syndr0me
Belts and pulleys I would think more for outdoor racing. Shock towers are the first thing to go when a marshal steps on your car. Or if you're driving an RDX.
Remind me not to race where you guys race. I've never seen a broken shock tower from a marshal stepping on a car. Your marshal's need to be more careful!

I've raced outdoors for 5 years. No problems with belts or pulleys. 3 of those years were racing 10.5. Dunno. I guess Im just surprised those are "essential" items. Im all for being prepared for the worst though.
Old 06-03-2009, 07:29 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by or8ital
Remind me not to race where you guys race. I've never seen a broken shock tower from a marshal stepping on a car. Your marshal's need to be more careful!

I've raced outdoors for 5 years. No problems with belts or pulleys. 3 of those years were racing 10.5. Dunno. I guess Im just surprised those are "essential" items. Im all for being prepared for the worst though.
Hey, our rug is pretty nice! We're about to expand to 90x45. The outdoor thing was more of a guess. I've only had my car stepped on once in the last 5 years of racing, but it took out both shock towers. I guess it was just bad luck. I agree, though, those things probably aren't essentials for most folks. I've just got all the plastic parts on my first order of spares, and some spool outdrives. I'm on the fence about hinge pins. I sure hope TOP is sending a whole freighter full of parts and kits to the US.
Old 06-03-2009, 08:53 AM
Tech Elite

ever met Murphy !!!???

We run outdoor mod with foams and the tracks we run sometimes have debris on it or small stones from the asphalt which can cause problems and lately with mod and the aggressive nature of it on lipos we regularly change belts.

You could run a car with out spares but where do you draw the line as to what is ideal to keep just in case ...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.