Search
Like Tree6Likes

Schumacher Mi4

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2009, 04:09 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lochness42
Can't turning drivetrain cause loosening diff? It's only thing that puts me off trying that, it looks really cool.

I ran mine reverse yesterday with no loosening, there is a lock nut, (jam nut) in the female side of the diff that keeps the diff screw from loosening.

My first run was on tires that were new last weeks so they had 4 runs on them, rear end was loose and car felt funny, made a spring change and added 1mm to rear hinge pins cars was better, stood shocks up to second hole from outside and it was very good, first heat, with new tires, the cars was amazing, spent most of the race thinking about what to change instead of just driving the wheels off. made another spring change along with angle change in the rear for the second heat and the car came alive, we use ifmar starts at my club so i slowed down and waited for a friend to catch up so we could "race". I was/am one happy camper now. tires/me/track/ or the final setup change for the main was a bad move, car was pushy, and loose at the same time, oops. my fault. got home and found a bad servo gear and a sevear tweak, did i mention i smacked the crap out the pipe a few times car held together, nothing bent or broke. very satisfied with the car and glad i bought it.

one thing i'm not sure of is the new steering rack. didn't have time to mess with changing it. i did figure out the Mi3 one will fit and has a little more throw. going to try a double diff and see if i actually can use the extra throw.
Old 06-29-2009, 04:18 PM
Suspended

The only car that wants to make me impulse buy.
Old 06-29-2009, 08:52 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default New Pics

Took new Pics for those that are interested.

Link Here.
Old 06-29-2009, 09:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Nice, the polished pieces look really good. I would flip my layshaft, but I need weight to make the 1500 and thats how much weight it takes to balance anyways.
Old 06-29-2009, 09:31 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

WoW!!! That took some time Cesar. Definitely up my alley Great job....car looks sick.
Old 06-30-2009, 03:53 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Cesar
picasaweb.google.com/Cesar.Santiago.Jr/Pics?feat=directlink"]
Link Here.
Hmmm, You took the best part about the car away, the bling (purple)
Old 06-30-2009, 01:02 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Link Here.
These pics don't do the car any justice, it's sitting on my desk right now and it looks good!
Old 06-30-2009, 11:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Originally Posted by skypilot
thats what the hack saw was made for.

PPD also makes lipo locaters
Haha maybe. I guess it wouldn be to hard to dremel off a cell hump in the tray

Originally Posted by jdm19turn
I ran some test runs yesterday and all I can say is thank you schumacher you out did your selfs with the mi4 tons of grip and steering to boot wow can't wait till race day
Awesome!

Originally Posted by Psql
Here is my Mi4 next to my old Mi3.

Looks nice! Are you going to run brushed in the 4?

First will apologize for picture as they were taken with my phone.
Will have better pics tomorrow night.

Purple polishes well.
Looks sick!

Originally Posted by Drifting101
Shuies dominate our track
Rock on!!

Originally Posted by jdm19turn
I have blues alway round with black 1.6 sway bars front and rear 40wt oil front and rear 4mm droop in the front 3mm droop in the rear with the 1degree rear hub toe out set to 2.5 and ride height 5mm front 5.5mm rear with no rubbing give it a try and lmk what you think
I take it thats for asphalt? Im trying to figure out where I should start when I get mine

Originally Posted by Skiddins
One of the guys at my track who is 'the' fast guy to beat in Pro-stock now drives for Schumacher.

He used his car yesterday with it modified to take the Xray ECS driveshafts (he used to run the '009) and he said they made a huge difference, he fastest lap was a few hundreths quicker than the Mod guys!
Really? Xray CV's fit the mi4? Do they not use the diff blades up front, or do they?

I ran mine reverse yesterday with no loosening, there is a lock nut, (jam nut) in the female side of the diff that keeps the diff screw from loosening.

My first run was on tires that were new last weeks so they had 4 runs on them, rear end was loose and car felt funny, made a spring change and added 1mm to rear hinge pins cars was better, stood shocks up to second hole from outside and it was very good, first heat, with new tires, the cars was amazing, spent most of the race thinking about what to change instead of just driving the wheels off. made another spring change along with angle change in the rear for the second heat and the car came alive, we use ifmar starts at my club so i slowed down and waited for a friend to catch up so we could "race". I was/am one happy camper now. tires/me/track/ or the final setup change for the main was a bad move, car was pushy, and loose at the same time, oops. my fault. got home and found a bad servo gear and a sevear tweak, did i mention i smacked the crap out the pipe a few times car held together, nothing bent or broke. very satisfied with the car and glad i bought it.

one thing i'm not sure of is the new steering rack. didn't have time to mess with changing it. i did figure out the Mi3 one will fit and has a little more throw. going to try a double diff and see if i actually can use the extra throw.
Sounds like a good first day.

Are you running MI3 springs?

And just curious, how do the diff blades hold up? Especially in the front

Originally Posted by Nick Priest
The only car that wants to make me impulse buy.

Link Here.
That thing is sick!

Originally Posted by MChandler
Hmmm, You took the best part about the car away, the bling (purple)
Haha yeah, I like the purple also. blacked out works fine to
Old 07-01-2009, 05:13 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

i'm not 100% sure, but i think they only changed the color, AE springs, blue front, silver rear. thats what i was used too with the 3. changed to shouie springs for the next test
Old 07-01-2009, 08:31 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by BlackedOutREVO
Looks nice! Are you going to run brushed in the 4?
Thnx.

No, the brushed set stays in the Mi3. The 4 gets a new brushless ESC and Motor. It will be the GM Genius 120 with LRP 10.5 Stock spec. Hope to get the set before the weekend.
Old 07-01-2009, 09:40 AM
Tech Adept

Didnt really want to start a new thread so i just thought id ask here.

Is there an mi3 / mi3.5 thread on here? I cant find it for the life of me unless it just doesnt exsist?

Thanks.
Old 07-01-2009, 09:43 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by Ritchie T
Didnt really want to start a new thread so i just thought id ask here.

Is there an mi3 / mi3.5 thread on here? I cant find it for the life of me unless it just doesnt exsist?

Thanks.
http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...rner-1827.html
Old 07-01-2009, 10:18 AM
Tech Adept

Cool, not really a dedicated mi3 thread though.
Cheers anyway.
Old 07-01-2009, 10:27 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by Ritchie T
Cool, not really a dedicated mi3 thread though.
Cheers anyway.
No it's more Schumacher as a whole, but that last 2-300 pages is all MI3-3.5
Old 07-02-2009, 11:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

i'm not 100% sure, but i think they only changed the color, AE springs, blue front, silver rear. thats what i was used too with the 3. changed to shouie springs for the next test
Hmmmm, I think my buddy has a ton of AE springs I could have. Untill I can throw a set of springs on order, haha im broke, especially after I buy the car

Originally Posted by Psql
Thnx.

No, the brushed set stays in the Mi3. The 4 gets a new brushless ESC and Motor. It will be the GM Genius 120 with LRP 10.5 Stock spec. Hope to get the set before the weekend.
Right on! Those GM esc's are sick! But the price is insane! Sounds awesome, make sure theres pics!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.