Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree143Likes

Tamiya TB Evolution V

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2007, 12:15 PM
Tech Regular

So. Here are the pics !

I think that i have done now everything what is possible for a cool relaxed motor.

Lets see how it works at the Austrian finals of the HPI-Challenge Cup.

Greetings Blueman
Attached Thumbnails Tamiya TB Evolution V-img_1007%7E1.jpg   Tamiya TB Evolution V-img_1008%7E1.jpg   Tamiya TB Evolution V-img_1009%7E3.jpg   Tamiya TB Evolution V-img_1010%7E1.jpg  
Old 08-05-2007, 03:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I thought you were going to make the ones like in the Msxx and 05ms airduct... Also the hole on the chassis for the air...

But It's cool what you made... Nice job...

Edited: Whoops, just saw it, nice job too... Very nice...
Old 08-09-2007, 09:57 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Shimming?

Hi,

I would like to know what would be the best way to shim this car for having the longest lasting drivetrain, so, it's not about having the fastest car for me, i want "everlasting" The least wear. I'm not doing races, i mainly fly planes and heli's. I always wanted a Tamiya TRF shaft driven car, and after so many years i finally have one, i last drove a tamiya hotshot , so i'm in for a real exhilirating experience !

Will the "per manual" settings be fine? i have read mixed opinions on this thread and decided i'll post this and get an answer related to "least wear" "longest lasting" drivetrain.
Old 08-09-2007, 04:16 PM
Tech Regular

Is there an Aluminum gear set for the Evo 5. I saw a set for the Evo 4. Are they the same?
Old 08-09-2007, 06:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

no and no
Old 08-09-2007, 08:43 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by skytrooper
Hi,

I would like to know what would be the best way to shim this car for having the longest lasting drivetrain, so, it's not about having the fastest car for me, i want "everlasting" The least wear. I'm not doing races, i mainly fly planes and heli's. I always wanted a Tamiya TRF shaft driven car, and after so many years i finally have one, i last drove a tamiya hotshot , so i'm in for a real exhilirating experience !

Will the "per manual" settings be fine? i have read mixed opinions on this thread and decided i'll post this and get an answer related to "least wear" "longest lasting" drivetrain.

My Evo 5 is shimmed as in the manual advised. The only "mod" you should do is to wash out the bearings, (with brake cleaner) that they spin free, and then oil them with a thin oil (neoval, brunox, or also WD40).

if you done this right, then you should have a very free drivetrain, but you have to maintane the bearings sooner.
Old 08-13-2007, 06:55 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

hey guys

hi all im from aus i was just wondering if someone could give me a list of the part numbers i need to build a ball diff

and the part numbers for a spool

i got a 2nd hand tb5 and the manual is confusing me with wat i need to build the diff (noob)

any help would be great thanks
Old 08-13-2007, 07:13 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by vpmaniac
hey guys

hi all im from aus i was just wondering if someone could give me a list of the part numbers i need to build a ball diff

i got a 2nd hand tb5 and the manual is confusing me with wat i need to build the diff (noob)

there is no spool for the evo5
Old 08-13-2007, 09:54 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

oh ok... is there a spool for the 4?
Old 08-13-2007, 10:11 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

oh ok... is there a spool for the 4?
Check this out!

#49359 part number
Attached Files
Old 08-13-2007, 11:39 PM
Tech Regular

hey guys

Hy! The parts you need to build a second diff you can find on
http://www.tamiyashop.ch

You can write him a message too when you are still confused.

The spool from the evo4 fit, but you have to mount the Evo5 Ringgear from the oneway. If the gear mesh is not smoth then you have to sand it a little as i advised in a post at the previous site.

I will also recomend to use the 415MSX MRE spool outdrives instead of the original Evo4 Spool outdrives (the are more durable).
Old 08-15-2007, 10:09 PM
Tech Fanatic

I`ve had My Evo 5 since November 2006; I have every Hop-Up on it and it is a Noisy Car/Kit. . . . .It`s the way the Tamiya Spur and Pinions Mesh-Up.(They`re not as good as the Delrin Spur(s). -But I got the Free - Spinning Thing Working-Out.....(without the motor on the Spur;it will spin for 18-Seconds).

Tamiya should make a Spool for the Evo 5.

Has anyone used a Evo 5 in any Big Race(like the 2007 Reedy Race)?
-It would be a shame if no one used a Evo 5 in any Races yet.

Take Care
Old 08-15-2007, 11:02 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

19t and 13.5 is a toss up. I have used any tamiya sedan you can think of. The Evo V is a great car for stock and silver can, but when you gotta lay the power down, the diff gears just don't hold up. 19t, and 13.5 could run, and be very competitive, but I have found mod is a no go with tamiya's gears.
Old 08-15-2007, 11:03 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pole_position
Check this out!

#49359 part number
this is the correct part number for evo IV spool, it works fine in evo V. The pic attatched is for a 415, ignore that pic. You can use the white replacement outdrives for 415 with the long sleeve, it works well, without any shims...

white outdrive for 415 = 9804268
blue sleeve for 415 = 9804267

perfect fit in EVO V!!!
Old 08-16-2007, 02:16 AM
Tech Regular

Unhappy

Originally Posted by dsrbltoys
19t and 13.5 is a toss up. I have used any tamiya sedan you can think of. The Evo V is a great car for stock and silver can, but when you gotta lay the power down, the diff gears just don't hold up. 19t, and 13.5 could run, and be very competitive, but I have found mod is a no go with tamiya's gears.

Hy !

I run my Evo5 in a 23T Race series, and also in 17T Races. Modified or other hot motors i have not tested yet, but the "strong" 17T Turn Motors ar no Problem for the Gears anyway.

My Evo runs aprox. 10-15 Race meetings, (always with oneway)and few test sessions between, and there is still the first set of diff/oneway and bevel gears built in.

With my older Evo4MS i drive a 3-Star LRP Brushless Motor in, (it is not the hotest Motor, but still a modified machine), and i have also no Problem with the gears. But i have to say that i runed it only to times yet, because the problem is, there are so many cars, and so a little time for it

I think a belt drive car is for modified the better chioce for sure, but for that what i am racing there is no better ride out there at the moment.

Shafties and stock racing stick together.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.