Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by seaball
you keep your mouth shut.
Inform me when you have recieved that box of tanktops
Old 01-17-2008, 06:55 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JayBee
...Adam, sorry dude; perfect opportunity!!
the fact you have that picture, or knew where/how to find it.........
Old 01-17-2008, 06:55 PM
Tech Initiate

Smile

Originally Posted by Randy Caster
However if you still want me to try a TRF shock, I can put them on the car and see if I can tell any difference.
Go For it!

If You try it then You will know. If you dont try it, you would assume of the conclusion which would be making an ass out of u and me

I thought it made a big difference to the car, and I liked the difference it made, Try it, and if you dont like it then don't do it again. simple
Old 01-17-2008, 07:15 PM
Tech Initiate

Exclamation

Just remembered,

when I built My TRF shocks, I used the Schumacher Spring Tensionor (the spinning thing the lowers and raises your ride height) on the TRF shocks and Also remember to replace the schumacher ball cuplet screws with the gold ones that the Tamiya comes with other wise they will pop of

Good luck with testing evrybody.
Old 01-17-2008, 07:24 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

adam/Randy/everyone: i will be running the mi3 in the upcoming TITC and will try my hand at open modified there. i plan to run 5-cell/3.5BL in that race but i will be using the stock chassis. given this limitation, what would be the best position to have my cells - positioned forward or to the back?

i will be using the following equipment: IB4200/4600 cells, LRP Sphere TC, Spektrum Mirco RX, Futaba 9550 servo and a PT ....

i know i can fine tune with properly positioned lead weights around the car but just need a good starting point that most feel gives the best balance. will defenitly position the rx on the battery side but what would be a good config to look at.

thanks in advnace for any suggestions.
Old 01-17-2008, 07:24 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by skypilot
the fact you have that picture, or knew where/how to find it.........
If you only knew
Old 01-17-2008, 07:32 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ROBORAT
adam/Randy/everyone: i will be running the mi3 in the upcoming TITC and will try my hand at open modified there. i plan to run 5-cell/3.5BL in that race but i will be using the stock chassis. given this limitation, what would be the best position to have my cells - positioned forward or to the back?

i will be using the following equipment: IB4200/4600 cells, LRP Sphere TC, Spektrum Mirco RX, Futaba 9550 servo and a PT ....

i know i can fine tune with properly positioned lead weights around the car but just need a good starting point that most feel gives the best balance. will defenitly position the rx on the battery side but what would be a good config to look at.

foward, i have a spare 5 cell chassis if you need one

with the 5 cell chassis put the transponder in front of the battery , receiver in the rear of the battery, i have a picture somewhere i just need to find it.

here is a picture of PW's car
Old 01-17-2008, 07:33 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by ROBORAT

hi,
this is a good question. prior to the DHI CUP we (schuey uk) did a lot of playing with chassis. moving the cells forward, backwards in out etc. the guys finally decided on a 5 cells chassis with the cell positioned same as the 6 cell in the front, but 2mm further out away from the centre (if that makes sense) all our cars looked pretty good with this setup, so off we went to the dhi with our new chassis. to find when we got there that jonas andersson runs the 6 cell chassis with the cells at the rear, his car looked good also. so i think its more personal preferance than if one is faster than the other. i know this doesnt answer your question at all and has confused you even more, lol.....sorry

jonny
Old 01-17-2008, 07:49 PM
Tech Initiate

Johns right,

But simply putting your batteries forward will be easy to set-up, if u want more of a challenge, you could put the cells towards the back.

I might be going to the TITC

I say 'Might' because The entries were closed so I sent a late entry form to the guy organizing with added apologies and he sent and email back saying "OK" lol i hav no idea whether I've been entered or not

If i do end up going I can lend you one of my chassis's,

The biggest thing with 5cell mod is balancing the car, my mate has put his ESC on the side of his batteries with a 6cell chassis, I dont really agree with this because you have just taken weight away from the other side of the car,

I myself have put my transponder and reciver on the side of the batteries and glued my wires to the chassis to try and get a low center of gravity.

----

Coming back to the TRF shocks on a schumacher,

I forgot to tell you that you have to put a sleeve on the post so that the shock doesnt riggle around.
Old 01-17-2008, 07:49 PM
Tech Regular

Poor Doggie!!!
Old 01-17-2008, 08:06 PM
PW
Tech Elite

I found that the battery forward gives more on-power steering and less initial. Battery back is the opposite.

I also liked the 6-cell chassis with 5-cell, but ran the 5-cell chassis because my wiring job came out so nice once I put it on

That car in the pic was dialed

Last edited by PW; 01-17-2008 at 08:32 PM.
Old 01-17-2008, 10:02 PM
Tech Champion

Marocs/Johnny/Kirby/PW: this is all great info guys! also aware that at the end it will be a "feel" kind of thing in the end and knowing what one position does over the other is a big help. Cant wait to start testing next weekend with this set up. big thanks!

Kirby: hope you can make it to TITC. would be good to have a fellow shuie guy there to work out set ups with. as it is there's only one guy listed with an mi3 from OZ. thanks for the tip! and see you there if ever ... suggest you email that guy again. I know for a fact that one of the guys listed in the entry list is surely not going to go (Jason dela Cruz) as somthing came up and he will have to beg off. If you want, maybe i can ask my buddy jason to email the guy at TITC to advise him of his pull out and if you want to take the slot. maybe you can email me you addy so he can copy (cc) you in the email. lemme know!

PW: this helps alot! will keep that in mind when i do testing. btw, the pic below ... is that your reedy car? just checking since i have the set up as a baseline. also, AdriaM mentioned you had some new killer mod/asphalt set up ... care to share? an email would be great ([email protected]) ... thanks again for the help!
Old 01-17-2008, 10:11 PM
Tech Initiate

I'll let ya know what happens,
Old 01-17-2008, 10:19 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by seaball
you keep your mouth shut.
What length ackerman arm did you use on your Cleveland setup, med or short?
Old 01-17-2008, 10:23 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JayBee
Randy, you run these on carpet? Does HPI have springs in the 23-35lbs range?
Sorry I was referring to rubber tire, for foam I think most run XRay or AE springs.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.