Search
Like Tree52Likes

Team Losi JRXS Type-R

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2007, 10:04 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 429racer
I know the kit comes with the EA3 arms, but the arms I received from Horizon are not the EA3 arms, so hopefully these will work out better. I think someone should make aluminum front a-arms for this car if it is a bad issue.
The only problem with that is that we will then be breaking other parts on the car... i.e. the suspension mounts. I would rather replace a $7 part versus a $20 part.

Could it also be that the axles hang-out so far past the tire that they are hanging on the boards - ripping the arms off?
Old 04-07-2007, 10:46 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Has anybody broken a part other than a front arm?

I guess I've been lucky with the PDub bumper so far. I've got the BRP kydex bumper, but I haven't put it on there yet.

The axles do hang out quite a bit past the wheels compared to other cars. Hopefully we find a solution to the arm thing, it did a lot to damage the RDX's reputation early on.
Old 04-07-2007, 10:59 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

See.. this all makes me want to bang my head on the table. I broke more short arms with the old car. Period. LOL.

I have had the same thought cross my mind Martin (Duckman) that the axles are grabbing. See, on my car I am running the old axles.. perhaps this is why I havnt broken any arms due to driving error.

Maybe some of the guys on here who have the old car still could try their front LCD axle in the new car and report? I dont think the rears are necessary as no one has complained about the rears breaking.

KB
Old 04-07-2007, 11:51 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by syndr0me
Has anybody broken a part other than a front arm?

I guess I've been lucky with the PDub bumper so far. I've got the BRP kydex bumper, but I haven't put it on there yet.

The axles do hang out quite a bit past the wheels compared to other cars. Hopefully we find a solution to the arm thing, it did a lot to damage the RDX's reputation early on.
I know that as soon as I put the Specialized bumper kit on my RDX, the problem disapeared - I would assume that would be the same solution with "R".

I still think the axles stick out too far past the wheel nuts. I'm going to cut mine down with a dremel and see if it helps.

Either way, I really like this car so far.
Old 04-07-2007, 02:37 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Keith Billanti
See.. this all makes me want to bang my head on the table. I broke more short arms with the old car. Period. LOL.

I have had the same thought cross my mind Martin (Duckman) that the axles are grabbing. See, on my car I am running the old axles.. perhaps this is why I havnt broken any arms due to driving error.

Maybe some of the guys on here who have the old car still could try their front LCD axle in the new car and report? I dont think the rears are necessary as no one has complained about the rears breaking.

KB
thats one thought that crosses my mind... if the rear is already maxxed out at 190mm, why still have the axle overhang? Guess I'll have to introduce the axles to my friend Mr Dremel over the coming week
Old 04-07-2007, 03:00 PM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Unhappy Spool?

Can someone please explain to me what I need to do to put a spool in the front on this car. I can't find a part number or any directions to do this. I drove the car for the first time last weekend and I was really excited about it but I need to put a spool in it to get it to act the way I want it to. Please help.

Scooty
Old 04-07-2007, 03:45 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Scooty, if you go back a couple pages, one of the guys details the way to put a spool together
Old 04-07-2007, 05:14 PM
Tech Addict

well lets see here... i broke: front short arm, rear new arm, and the pulley side diff outdrive. but that was a damn hard hit. i'd have to say that damage was deserved, i blasted an inside bumper coming onto the straight at full steam.

KB, i noticed the front arm i broke yesterday as broken where the arm is notched out for what i can assume is wheel clearance. the only problem i had after that was the above mentioned crash.

the car does go like a bat out of hell though. definitely faster than the mid motor car. i'd say as a whole it's more durable than the the older car as well. i need to order up some outdrives so i can run again next race day.
Old 04-07-2007, 06:02 PM
Tech Master

Yes, I will tell you all to keep a set of outdrives on hand. I have a broken one now, and have broke one in the past.

KB
Old 04-07-2007, 06:29 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I seem to be struggling with the spool thing too. Do we only need to add the spool pads, or is there a special pulley as well? Part numbers would be perfect if anybody has a second to type them out.
Old 04-07-2007, 06:40 PM
Tech Master

Just finished up my first rubber/asphalt test session with the Type R. I ran the rubber kit set up, but with slightly higher ride height (5mm front/rear), no Jr. link (just standard turnbuckle) and a Protoform Mazda Speed 6 body (which yeiled more overall/mid/exit steering that standard 6, IMO). I was really happy with the overall balance of the car and quite surprised to find the kit set up so close to being on the pace. I was running on a smooth, high bite outdoor track, with a 125 foot straightaway.
Old 04-07-2007, 08:08 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hamster778
There is two ways of creating a spool for this car

1) use the newer pulleys with the pads pre fitted A3325 (42t) or A3324 (41t) ( these are for the older car so a little dilling out is required)

2) to use the spool pads, These came out before the above. they are pads that look like sand paper and go inside the diff instead of the diff balls

hope this helps
Here ya go syndrome
Old 04-07-2007, 08:29 PM
Tech Addict

Im starting to put my ESC in my car, and Im having a hard time trying to get the wires to the batteries
Im running Pro-match batteries, so there are big soldering tabs on them. Can some people post some pics on how they did theirs, or tell me how I can do mine.
Im almost done though!

Thanks,
chris
Old 04-07-2007, 08:32 PM
Tech Regular

This is what I did.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthre...16#post3176316

Originally Posted by TL_XXX-S_racer
Im starting to put my ESC in my car, and Im having a hard time trying to get the wires to the batteries
Im running Pro-match batteries, so there are big soldering tabs on them. Can some people post some pics on how they did theirs, or tell me how I can do mine.
Im almost done though!

Thanks,
chris
Old 04-07-2007, 08:36 PM
Tech Addict

Ya, I was thinking of using the Corally plugs. Another thing I noticed is that the back battery bar by the pully is very close from touching. Will this short out? Im thinking of getting some narrower bars just for the back cell so it will have more clearance.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.