Wiki Posts
Search

New Yokomo TC, the BD-5

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2010, 06:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vitomon
i think i did use the short ones. there were 2.

1 pair of darks and 1 pair of silver (short). i did use the silver ones at the rear.

edit: the track is an rather open track with long sweepers and some technical infield.
http://www.rc-laa.at/fotos/luftaufna...ftaufnahme.jpg
the silver ballstud should be the one....i dont have problem with that ball stud running on 0 shim..

your track look quite big...
Old 07-08-2010, 06:38 PM
Tech Adept

the track is a medium to large track. but very nice to drive. anyhow. i left the 0.5mm shime under the rear inner camber link. shouldnt do to much damage
i will definetely need the heavy duty spool and the aluminimum stabilizer setter.

thx for the help anyway. cant wait to take that baby for a spin
Old 07-08-2010, 07:55 PM
Tech Elite

the track is a medium to large track. but very nice to drive. anyhow. i left the 0.5mm shime under the rear inner camber link. shouldnt do to much damage
i will definetely need the heavy duty spool and the aluminimum stabilizer setter.

thx for the help anyway. cant wait to take that baby for a spin
u mean this ?? Sway bar holder
Old 07-09-2010, 12:14 AM
Tech Adept

yes this is what i mean. do you know when the roche heavy duty spool is again in stock?
Old 07-09-2010, 02:45 AM
Tech Elite

yes this is what i mean. do you know when the roche heavy duty spool is again in stock?
should be very soon...roche working on v2 spool cup now...
Old 07-09-2010, 04:59 AM
Tech Adept

hi guys, building is done.

i noticed that with the kit there came the 39.5 mm rear arms not the 40.5 as i as expecting. which arms a mostly used by you guys. IMO the shorter arms should provide more grip in general.
Old 07-09-2010, 03:49 PM
Tech Elite

hi guys,
just finished building my first yok.
great stuff and it was really fun building it. however, i encountered a problem at the real axle when i fist tested the car. it appears that the blades (and the metall pin) touch the upper bulkhead, causing some strange shatter when throttle is applied.

did any of you have the same problem? any solutions maybe. tried to shime up the upper bulkhead by 0,1mm but didnt go away. dont wanna shim to high, to free up the excenter to much ?!=!

thx for any help

cheers
Sounds to me that you have the diff bearings in the HIGH position. Worth checking
Old 07-11-2010, 03:19 AM
Tech Adept

hi guys,
just had a drive in the new yok bd5ws. great car. tried it on 2 different tracks and was very i mpressed. however, one of the tracks has low traction, or is just very very dusty with almost no grip whatsowever. tried a few things coming from the kit setup but the car just wouldnt generate grip on throttle resulting in the rear to step out.

anybody has any ideas about setup for really lowtraction and dusty asphalt??

i begann with a 500mm oil and hpi silver silver. ended up at 350MM and yokomo pink/blue. but the change to a "softer setup" didnt do the car any good.

glad for any pointers

cheers guys.

ps: will check the diff height. maybe i am running it really up high and therefore the drive shaft touched the bulkhead. will check it.
Old 07-11-2010, 05:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

hi guys,
just had a drive in the new yok bd5ws. great car. tried it on 2 different tracks and was very i mpressed. however, one of the tracks has low traction, or is just very very dusty with almost no grip whatsowever. tried a few things coming from the kit setup but the car just wouldnt generate grip on throttle resulting in the rear to step out.

i begann with a 500mm oil and hpi silver silver. ended up at 350MM and yokomo pink/blue. but the change to a "softer setup" didnt do the car any good.

glad for any pointers

cheers guys.

ps: will check the diff height. maybe i am running it really up high and therefore the drive shaft touched the bulkhead. will check it.
I raced recently at a small track with conditions like yours, I tried putting 0.5mm more droop at the front and that made the car grip more at the rear coming out of corners. Running Hara springs, 2.6 xray equivalent, 3.5 degrees of toe 1.1mm rear roll bar.
Old 07-11-2010, 09:48 AM
Tech Adept

I found this setup working pretty well on a track dirty with medium/low grip.
tyres anyway can make a big difference.
If it can help try it
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Vedano al Lambro BD5W.pdf (328.1 KB, 211 views)
Old 07-12-2010, 01:55 PM
Tech Adept

cheers i will try that.
i still havent figured out how to get 0% rebound in the dampers with the metal caps? any other way?
Old 07-12-2010, 05:47 PM
Tech Elite

cheers i will try that.
i still havent figured out how to get 0% rebound in the dampers with the metal caps? any other way?
drill 0.5mm hole in the cap ....then u can get 0 rebound easily...
Old 07-13-2010, 06:23 AM
Tech Adept

I do 0 rebound with a fine tuning.( it takes a little bit but after a couple of times you understand how to rebuild your shocks and became easy)
With a small hole, like Kschu told you, is more simple.

And about that setup a lot depends from the wheels that you are using.
During the first part of championship we choosed to use the Solaris Hard but we had some troubles with our surfaces tracks. So may be is not working well with differents wheels/drivers
Old 07-14-2010, 12:39 AM
Tech Adept

Just looked at the Pictures (on Redrc) from the worlds and found that Hayato Matsuzaki rán a Gear Diff in his car. Does anyone know if this was the specr Diff and what modifications need to be done ?
Attached Thumbnails New Yokomo TC, the BD-5-fri-hayatobd5-3.jpg  
Old 07-14-2010, 01:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FrankH
Just looked at the Pictures (on Redrc) from the worlds and found that Hayato Matsuzaki rán a Gear Diff in his car. Does anyone know if this was the specr Diff and what modifications need to be done ?
If you compare it with a spec-r one it looks nothing like it, might be a yokomo one.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.