Search

New Yokomo TC, the BD-5

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2010, 04:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JordiM
Hello;

I ride a BD5 W and I have a doubt about the set-up.

What is the difference in behavior between long and short rear arms?? "

I understand that the shorts provide more grip,

Regards
I understand its different shock hole lengths and not the arm length itself.
Old 06-24-2010, 11:22 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by JordiM
Hello;

I ride a BD5 W and I have a doubt about the set-up.

What is the difference in behavior between long and short rear arms?? "

I understand that the shorts provide more grip,

Regards
if you mean the lower arm 39,5/40,5/41,5mm is this:
39,5 for technical tracks/small tracks
40,5 normal/medium tracks (often i used these)
41,5 fast tracks with high speed corners

If you are talking about the rear camber link on the wheel hub, using the inner or the outer hole for to have a different lenght is changing the roll center and the camber when the suspension is working
With a long link you should have a car more easy to drive, more grip and with a short link the car is more aggressive and you could loose the rear without any advice.
For what i tryed i don't like the long lenght (outer hole), i found the car pretty slow into slow speed corners so in general i'm using the short lenght because i find the car more aggressive with a better corner speed.
Old 06-24-2010, 03:18 PM
Tech Initiate

Thank you Altreyx , I meant the lower trapezius.

However, I have another small question

What is the difference between different supports brackets of the lower arms.????

Should we change them to mantain the maximum width depending on the length of the lower arm.

Regards

Last edited by JordiM; 06-24-2010 at 03:36 PM.
Old 06-28-2010, 08:35 AM
Tech Adept

Default new to yoko

hi guys, i want to get the new bd5w soon. probaly the wrong thread to ask this but: any of you ever compared the bd5w to other cars like 416, mi4 and hb??

other question: are there any "tuning" parts that one might need right away except for the usual arms and small stuff. so i am talking about other spools or any other parts of the car that i might need to change sooner than expected or that wear out easily.

just want to order these parts right away

cheers
thx

vitomon
Old 06-28-2010, 09:14 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by vitomon
hi guys, i want to get the new bd5w soon. probaly the wrong thread to ask this but: any of you ever compared the bd5w to other cars like 416, mi4 and hb??

other question: are there any "tuning" parts that one might need right away except for the usual arms and small stuff. so i am talking about other spools or any other parts of the car that i might need to change sooner than expected or that wear out easily.

cheers
thx

vitomon
Comparing to the TC5, the bd5 reacts quicker and no matter what I did to the tc5 i couldn't get it to change direction as easy as the bd5

You'd want arms, c hubs and steering blocks as spares. You'll also need to order a spool as the kit comes with a one-way the last time I checked.
Old 06-28-2010, 01:27 PM
Tech Adept

i think Hobbyhaven sells the BD5W with the spool inside. About the other cars i bought a Yokomo because i had a Yokomo before.
For me the other cars are good too, Tamiya, HB, Xray, Schumacher...in my hands i doubts i can do something of better with my skill.
I choosed Yokomo because in Italy and may be Europe few people have it, so is a sort of "elite" group that are having this brand.
So for me is like to have a sort of "Ferrari" into RC..may be i'm wrong but i like to think it.
About optionals just buy some front C Hubs. sway bars, springs...and you are ready to go fast, really fast. The World Spec is just ready to run without any special tuning.
At the end just buy what you like, hoping you will choose Yokomo
Now will see what will happen in Germany.

Ciao
Old 06-28-2010, 01:50 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

cheers
thx

vitomon
only tuning parts I would go for is a ceramic bearing kit, ceramic diff balls, and the new 30g center balnce weight team bomber white belts, (BD-BW30), maybe extra lead weights for lipo, spool or one-way which ever did not come with kit!.
Old 06-29-2010, 12:32 AM
Tech Adept

Default thx

thx for the help guys. think i will just order the yoko and some spares.
do you guys know which front blocks the bd5w comes with? do i need narrower ones for the front? cheers
Old 06-29-2010, 12:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

thx for the help guys. think i will just order the yoko and some spares.
do you guys know which front blocks the bd5w comes with? do i need narrower ones for the front? cheers
it's come with front 43.5 + 43.5.

42.+42. make front more aggressive.

u need a Heavy duty (roche) spool for front as the spool come with the kit wear quite fast..

rear u need 3deg for mod or 2.5 for stock class but it's also depend on your own preference.

spare some knuckles n c-hub...
Old 06-29-2010, 02:55 AM
Tech Adept

thx for the info guys. yoko is on the way. do you have any building tips. with the 416 (current car) there were like little tips such as 0,1mm shims under the bulkheads etc (free up the spool/diff). really looking forward to building the "machine" ! for the moment i think the best car on the market.

cheers
Old 06-29-2010, 04:03 AM
Tech Adept

kit setup is pretty good for to start, on our tracks with medium grip is a good starting point
I changed only the rear sway bars with the old BD/SD version that, for me, seems is working better.
If you have any trouble just post your setup with your problems, for sure someone will be able to help you.
Good choice m8 , i think you will be happy with the BD5

Last edited by altreyx; 06-29-2010 at 11:16 AM.
Old 06-29-2010, 05:20 PM
Tech Regular

Wich Yokomo Is ronald Völker driving? I want the one thats for LiPo and i guess thats the one Völker is driving. Or maybe he is driving a prototype?
Old 06-29-2010, 06:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Andy63
Wich Yokomo Is ronald Völker driving? I want the one thats for LiPo and i guess thats the one Völker is driving. Or maybe he is driving a prototype?
volker driving a Yokomo BD5W...it's a world spec chassis..
Old 06-29-2010, 06:50 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by altreyx
kit setup is pretty good for to start, on our tracks with medium grip is a good starting point
I changed only the rear sway bars with the old BD/SD version that, for me, seems is working better.
If you have any trouble just post your setup with your problems, for sure someone will be able to help you.
Good choice m8 , i think you will be happy with the BD5
What difference do they give?
Old 06-30-2010, 12:53 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by defcone
What difference do they give?
this is the standard version with the sway bars inside the rear arms

with the other sistem the bars have an external link like on the old BD

I don't know if the car became faster, my feeling is to have the rear more "stable/flat" so seems is much easy to be fast into corner.
Also i think with a long leverage the bars are working better.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.