Wiki Posts
Search

Sticky Fingers Traction Compound from Team Epic

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2009, 09:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HenBeav
there was something said about people who live in glass houses...

or who at least have CRC in their signature
How so? As a CRC driver I don't get a discount on Sticky Fingers, Gripper, or any other compound. When I ran TQ Engineering, then Associated, then Lucas Agitator, Trinity Revolver, Corally, original CarpetKnife then Speedmerchant Rev3, Rev4 and Rev4.5, I knew that Paragon was superior to the other crap on the market, 23+ years of racing 12th scale and that STILL hasn't changed.
Old 12-08-2009, 09:48 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CypressMidWest
How so? As a CRC driver I don't get a discount on Sticky Fingers, Gripper, or any other compound. When I ran TQ Engineering, then Associated, then Lucas Agitator, Trinity Revolver, Corally, original CarpetKnife then Speedmerchant Rev3, Rev4 and Rev4.5, I knew that Paragon was superior to the other crap on the market, 23+ years of racing 12th scale and that STILL hasn't changed.
I suspect it was a reference to the Black Diamond cost.
Old 12-08-2009, 09:50 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by or8ital
I like Paragon myself but I could understand a track with a hobby shop not wanting to use it. While we are all use to the smell it is a big turn-off to the general public (and some racers). Plus it seems most major carpet races are moving away from Paragon so it isn't good practice for big races.
I don't really agree with either of those points. Gripper tracks smell like turpentine factories on racedays, I don't know about non-racedays, because I'm not at the track for those. And Gripper clubrace traction levels never approach big race levels because the stuff doesn't stay in the carpet from raceday to raceday the way paragon does. So club race testing to me is still better with Paragon because it offers more traction, and therefore better simulates big race conditions.
Old 12-08-2009, 09:51 AM
Tech Elite

I suspect it was a reference to the Black Diamond cost.
Didn't buy one, don't have one now, and an ESC is a longterm use item, not a consumable like compound.........
Old 12-08-2009, 10:08 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by CypressMidWest
I don't really agree with either of those points. Gripper tracks smell like turpentine factories on racedays, I don't know about non-racedays, because I'm not at the track for those. And Gripper clubrace traction levels never approach big race levels because the stuff doesn't stay in the carpet from raceday to raceday the way paragon does. So club race testing to me is still better with Paragon because it offers more traction, and therefore better simulates big race conditions.
My nose doesn't work well so just what I've been told by my wife when she visited pre and post Paragon.
Old 12-08-2009, 10:26 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Dose anyone realy know what the stuff is? I don't know about Paragon but Sticky fingers and Jack both smell like Colman Lamp oil and it sure can't be much from most chemical bottles they atleast have a active ingredient lable on them.
Old 12-08-2009, 10:27 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

My nose doesn't work well so just what I've been told by my wife when she visited pre and post Paragon.
My wife and I have a simple understanding... I don't tell her what nail polish to wear and she doesn't tell me what tire dope to use
Old 12-08-2009, 04:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jkirkwood
I agree bring back the paragon it doesn't smell near as bad as the diesel I use to put on my off-road tires. HAHA
Diesel fuel still doesn't smell as bad as the Zip Grip Free I was doping my SC10 tires with all day. Wow, 4 days later and they still stink.

Bring back the Paragon!
Old 12-08-2009, 07:13 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Ok to answer everyones questions about what the difference between Sticky Fingers and Jack here is the answer.......You ready? THE PACKAGING As someone that packages it working for Epic thats the simple answer. Hope that clears things up. Sooooo keep up the good work in buying it so I can ship it out to you lol
Old 12-08-2009, 07:16 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by thisguy2849
Ok to answer everyones questions about what the difference between Sticky Fingers and Jack here is the answer.......You ready? THE PACKAGING As someone that packages it working for Epic thats the simple answer. Hope that clears things up. Sooooo keep up the good work in buying it so I can ship it out to you lol
This doesn't sound right. They smell completely different. Unless it is the same as one of the other Corally additives. It doesn't smell like the TC-2 additive.

Last edited by or8ital; 12-08-2009 at 07:28 PM.
Old 12-08-2009, 07:18 PM
Tech Fanatic

Wow even when you say they are the same people still dont believe you. Trust me they are the same
Old 12-08-2009, 07:20 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by thisguy2849
Wow even when you say they are the same people still dont believe you. Trust me they are the same
They smell completely different to me. We were passing them around to a few guys this weekend and they all said they smelled like different stuff (we were trying to figure out if it was the same). Maybe it changes smell over time?
Old 12-08-2009, 08:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I'm having mixed results with the Sticky Fingers. Could be the traction came way up tonight and/or more people using it. Tonight in the 21.5 Trans-Am class faster lap by .1 and gained a full lap (8 sec laps) on my previous track record. Last week I swore I didn't have as much traction as normal. I didn't have any Jack to try out and see if I could match the lap times as I was getting with the SF.
Old 12-08-2009, 09:39 PM
Tech Fanatic

I ran jack before Sf was released and I get the same results as I did before. Try putting each one a seperate NEW set of tires and then running laps with a random set of the 2 then run the other set and I bet you will have the same results from both sets nd you would eliminate the mental part of testing the products.
Old 12-09-2009, 06:00 AM
Tech Master

how could u accurately test and know how good or bad sticky fingers is when most are probably running it on a track that is already saturated with another compound. i ran it on a track with jack and yet i turned the same lap times my car was a lot frier so i figured if you ran it on a sf only track i think it would be a lot less grip. Paragon, the good old days when people actually raced because of high grip levels now we put on super soft tires and light suspension to try and mimic what we had. now it seems like theres just a bunch of cry babies crying about everthing. we need the old school guys back, the pirates of rc racing who didnt give a heck about the smell of paragon, now we have the modern day sports player who cyrs and whines about eveerything.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.