Wiki Posts
Search

Sticky Fingers Traction Compound from Team Epic

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2009, 09:53 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)
Default Sticky Fingers Traction Compound from Team Epic

What are people's thoughts on this stuff? Work well on carpet and asphalt? I've read it has all the grip of Paragon without the smell.

http://www.teamepiconline.com/shop/i...p?item=TEP5000

Old 12-04-2009, 09:59 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Been running it the last few weeks since the Jack the Gripper seems to be on short supply. I've noticed no negative impact in laptimes vs Jack. I've not ran paragon in a while so I can't give u a comparison. I've been running it in both rubber touring and 1/12 scale.
Old 12-04-2009, 11:39 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I used this for the first time in Florida 2 weeks ago. Seemed to work just as well as Jack plus no smell! I think the Snowbirds are using this exclusively for the event this year.
Old 12-04-2009, 02:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Heard it was the same chemical brew as Jack. Also heard that Jack is only some kind of machine oil. Anyone else want to share some of these grains of salt I have lying around?
Old 12-05-2009, 05:11 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

never used it, but hopefully it won't give headaches like the older trinity/epic 'odorless' stuff did

that crap was worse then anything paragon ever done
Old 12-05-2009, 05:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by k_bojar
never used it, but hopefully it won't give headaches like the older trinity/epic 'odorless' stuff did

Old 12-05-2009, 06:47 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

the odorless niftech gave me a headache while paragon never has so I agree.
Old 12-05-2009, 09:42 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

It works great on both surfaces, especially asphalt.
Old 12-05-2009, 05:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Stealth_RT
Heard it was the same chemical brew as Jack. Also heard that Jack is only some kind of machine oil. Anyone else want to share some of these grains of salt I have lying around?
Coleman camp fuel.
Old 12-05-2009, 08:22 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

smells like kingsford charcoal lighter
Old 12-05-2009, 08:36 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

This is good news then. Odor free and hopefully not at the price of 80 bucks a gallon.
Old 12-05-2009, 08:36 PM
Super Moderator

Location: a very small town in wisconsin that is in the middle of absolutely no where
Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jkirkwood
Been running it the last few weeks since the Jack the Gripper seems to be on short supply. I've noticed no negative impact in laptimes vs Jack. I've not ran paragon in a while so I can't give u a comparison. I've been running it in both rubber touring and 1/12 scale.

Originally Posted by or8ital
What are people's thoughts on this stuff? Work well on carpet and asphalt? I've read it has all the grip of Paragon without the smell.

http://www.teamepiconline.com/shop/i...p?item=TEP5000

Originally Posted by bjs227
I used this for the first time in Florida 2 weeks ago. Seemed to work just as well as Jack plus no smell! I think the Snowbirds are using this exclusively for the event this year.
Originally Posted by Stealth_RT
Originally Posted by k_bojar

for all the posters... i works the same as jack the gripper... is not as good as paragon by far... has a hint of camp fuel oil but not very much... have been using both for a month or so now. i like the jack on the 12th (foam) and sticky on the sedan (rubber)... sticky just didnt feel right on the 12th scale. same tires, body, battery, oils and gearing... went 2 tenths slower.. yes you can debate the track changed but the car just didnt have the same feeling.. maybe the oil difference in the sticky finger sauce compaired to jack made the tires slide a little more... all were run on ozite carpet.... but both are very good tire sauces.... with there was some thing a little better out there... jeremy
Old 12-05-2009, 10:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jer7469
i like the jack on the 12th (foam) and sticky on the sedan (rubber)... sticky just didnt feel right on the 12th scale. same tires, body, battery, oils and gearing... went 2 tenths slower.
Just a quick question, Had the tires you tried it on already been sauced previously with gripper? If so I'd be interested to hear how it worked on "fresh" tires, that had only been treated with Sticky.
I do know that tires that have been treated with gripper, and then with Paragon, are never as good as tires that have been Paragon only shoes.

And once again, nothing is as good as Paragon...... unfortunately it's the wintergreen that makes it work so well.
Old 12-06-2009, 12:14 AM
Tech Master

sticky fingers, wonder whats in it
Old 12-06-2009, 03:47 AM
Super Moderator

Location: a very small town in wisconsin that is in the middle of absolutely no where
Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CypressMidWest
Just a quick question, Had the tires you tried it on already been sauced previously with gripper? If so I'd be interested to hear how it worked on "fresh" tires, that had only been treated with Sticky.
I do know that tires that have been treated with gripper, and then with Paragon, are never as good as tires that have been Paragon only shoes.

And once again, nothing is as good as Paragon...... unfortunately it's the wintergreen that makes it work so well.
to answer you question. it seemed the same with old tires (that had jack ) and new tires that i took out of the box. trued up and installed on the car... just didnt feel the same. maybe it was just me. both products work very well for oderless but paragon has the best grip.. on a side not. paragon does help the groove in the track out . our track we have used "jack" only and it seems to have a oily top layer. does not bed down into the track. seems to stay on the surface.. paragon soaks all the way thru the carpet.... just my opinion.... jeremy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.