Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree300Likes

Team Associated TC4

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2006, 01:11 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by i.a.s
Have any of you guys used this #31136 Factory Team ITF Chassis Kit, for the FT TC4 any feed back would be good as may need to get this I wounder if the new tc4 will be shipped with this chassis.
Yes I have the ITF chassis kit and i found my car easy to drive and to adjust.
I try it on asphalt with rubber with the one way setup (and i modified it a few), without spine plate and the car is very easy to drive and really fast.
To my mind, it's a "must have" chassis for rubber race !

Last edited by S_fender; 03-20-2006 at 12:31 AM.
Old 03-19-2006, 01:12 PM
Tech Initiate

I found with 50wt oil up front and 40wt at the back I couldn't get anywhere near the turn in I needed at my track. It's strange because I have a friend running a similar setup with a tub tc4
Are you using the chassis stiffeners on your TC4? If yes, that could be one reason why, because your chassis isn't flexing as much as the plastic tub chassis, and you woulden't be getting as much traction as him.

I find that when i run rubber tires, I have to remove the four chassis stiffeners and two of the screws from the top spine plate to gain enough traction.
Old 03-19-2006, 02:11 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by i.a.s
Mine is the tub chassis but have a ft comming I just cant not drive a assosiated car maybe the others maybe quicker out of the box but I do belive that they are just as competative as each other I know people that cant get a good setup with the other so called great cars. Ive never had a real problem but I like to take it slow and really never change to much. I think you can gain more time in a race by learning the car and the track thats what I do and works for me. by changing things each round you never really know whats happening to the car with each setting change you need at least 3 or 4 runs to understand what is going on. The track is the main thing thats where you will gain time learn it.
Setup will be posted as soon a I can.

Cant wait to get my teeth into the FT TC4 sounds like a challange but hey that makes it all the more fun.
ALL cars are the same in the end....(4 wheels )
Old 03-19-2006, 02:25 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by JK41
Are you using the chassis stiffeners on your TC4? If yes, that could be one reason why, because your chassis isn't flexing as much as the plastic tub chassis, and you woulden't be getting as much traction as him.

I find that when i run rubber tires, I have to remove the four chassis stiffeners and two of the screws from the top spine plate to gain enough traction.
I've used all the combinations, and spent most of the time using just the spine or nothing at all. He runs his cells in the forward position so that'd make a bit of a difference. I've put 40wt oil in all the shocks now but with a #3 piston, so I'll see how that goes next meeting. I might try playing around with the roll centers too, but I'm only going to make 1 change at a time.

Whether I get on with the car or not, it's a good way to learn how to set a car up. Getting a different car and copying a perfect pro setup would just be boring wouldnt it
Old 03-21-2006, 03:32 PM
Tech Rookie

any of you guys have any creative ideas on how to make the TC4 faster?
i.e. bearings, shimming, new parts, shaving cases, special mods?
Old 03-21-2006, 05:39 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Taking just the rear posts out helped to gain rear traction and have less dartiness. (on carpet with foams)
Old 03-21-2006, 05:51 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by egwugwuTC4
any of you guys have any creative ideas on how to make the TC4 faster?
i.e. bearings, shimming, new parts, shaving cases, special mods?
The same stuff that worked with the TC3 works wonderfully with the TC4:
-IRS Composite Dogbones
-IRS Aluminum Layshafts
-IRS Aluminum Outdrives in the front and OE Plastic in the rear
-Bearings are pretty darn good in the kit, about the best factory bearings i've seen. I would recommend Acer Ceramics though.
-Acer Ceramic Diff Balls
-Acer Ceramic Thrust bearings
-Lightned Driveshaft (Check out Whip Racing...he has a thread here...really good stuff).
-The diff cases do not need to be worked but you still cannot/should not torque down all the screws that clamp on a bearing (diff cases, layshaft mount, etc.)
Old 03-21-2006, 06:13 PM
Tech Rookie

thanks, ill try that stuff out
Old 03-21-2006, 06:18 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 261 (100%+)

[QUOTE=egwugwuTC4]any of you guys have any creative ideas on how to make the TC4 faster?QUOTE]

Drop it off a cliff?

Install JATO rocket(s)?

You asked for creative...

Scottrik
whos TC3 is faster than he is anyway.
Old 03-22-2006, 12:45 PM
Tech Rookie

when should you use a front one way or solid axle with the TC4? I race stock class on carpet with foams on a pretty large track, should i use a front one way?
Old 03-22-2006, 12:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

my experience...

HIGH bite asphalt rubber tires - one-way
HIGH bite carpet rubber tires - one way
carpet foam tires - diff
LOW bite asphalt rubber tires - solid axle/spool
Old 03-22-2006, 03:23 PM
Tech Rookie

Why not run a one way with foams on carpet? I race the stock class soi pretty much never break...
Old 03-22-2006, 03:26 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by egwugwuTC4
Why not run a one way with foams on carpet? I race the stock class soi pretty much never break...
You are from michigan? Where do you run?

Always a diff. A one-way will be inconsistant and offer too much steering. It can be uncontrolable at times. If a one way was faster on carpet, more people would use them, none do.
Old 03-22-2006, 03:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

basically what koabich said...

the grip and traction with foam tires on carpet is already so high that adding a one-way would be overkill and cause more inconsistencies than it would benefits.
Old 03-23-2006, 01:02 PM
Tech Rookie

ahh, ok thanks guys, i race at CEFX and larrys mostly, and a couple other tracks once in a while

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.