Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree678Likes

FWD TOURING CAR FORUM - Tamiya FF01, FF02, Yokomo YRF-2, Kyosho Mantis FF

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2009, 03:48 AM
Tech Rookie

Nice model...........
have a little knowledge about it........

Old 10-26-2009, 12:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Hi all, I just got myself a Tamiya FF01 PIAA Accord New In Box Kit...

These things are soooooooooooooooooooo hard to find!!!

Can someone give me a breakdown of where to get parts for it in the event that the unfortunate thing happens?

Also, I was mainly interested in acquiring the Accord Body set, was wondering how much someone would be willing to pay for a Tamiya FF01 kit, New In Box, minus the body?
Old 10-26-2009, 06:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 60 (100%+)

Forgot to tell you guys I have these also, I just finished the EXIV last night. I'll post pics later

Old 10-26-2009, 12:14 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Funny coincidence that this thread came up, I just found my old FF01 in storage yesterday. I'm psyched to get it cleaned up and back on the track. It was the HKS Opel Vectra but the body's mangled. Which is too bad, it was a real looker when it was new.

I love the Tom's Exiv for some reason (I know it's just a Camry but it makes such a bitchin looking racecar IMO), if anyone has a lead on that body I'd really appreciate it.

Oh and congrats, Tom_chang79, I know you were looking for one from the ta05V2 thread. Get that thing together and bring it to the Tamiya track so I won't be the only one out there running an FF0x car.
Old 10-26-2009, 01:17 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by greymachine
Funny coincidence that this thread came up, I just found my old FF01 in storage yesterday. I'm psyched to get it cleaned up and back on the track. It was the HKS Opel Vectra but the body's mangled. Which is too bad, it was a real looker when it was new.

I love the Tom's Exiv for some reason (I know it's just a Camry but it makes such a bitchin looking racecar IMO), if anyone has a lead on that body I'd really appreciate it.

Oh and congrats, Tom_chang79, I know you were looking for one from the ta05V2 thread. Get that thing together and bring it to the Tamiya track so I won't be the only one out there running an FF0x car.
The Opel vectra is badass. I finished a body a month ago but I need another FF chassis to put it on otherwise in the box it sits. The rear decals were difficult to put on and I still can't figure out to this day why Tamiya decals are not pre-cut.

That Exiv body is not fun, I counted 116 decals total and it took me a week to cut out every decal flawlessly with an X acto knife,upside is it looks incredible. I have an extra EXIV body but it needs work. I painted it using TS instead of PS paint and trying to remove it fogged the body,mainly the windows. You may be able to buff them out or just tint them to fix it. I'll post pics this evening for you. Here is one on Ebay for $80

http://cgi.ebay.com/50687-3200-Tamiy...item1e5680cff4
Old 10-26-2009, 06:05 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by greymachine

Thanks man! I just looked up Tamiya's track out in Aliso Viejo. I must say, it's one of the most beautiful on-road courses. I guess that's why they have the Tamiya races there and they also use it as a "proving" ground for their toys, err I mean products...

Heheh

I'm really curious to see how FWD cars run, but I'm a bit worried about parts breakage and replacement. I still see that most of the parts are available on Tamiyausa.com.

I've also read on Tamiya Club that someone put a 4300Kv Hobbywing brushless motor in it and literally tore the transmission apart...

Been thinking about just putting in a Revenge of the Monster 27T brushed in there for a calm drive.

I also don't mind just mounting the Accord body onto a TA05v2 (I know, it's 4WD and not FWD) because I just want the looks of it (I drive the bigger version of it in real life)...

I mainly wanted to the body set and paint it like the big one I drive...
Old 10-26-2009, 06:59 PM
Tech Fanatic

WCRCR is also a great venue to run the cars... indoor asphalt track on par with tamiya's with better grip and consistent surface (because it's indoors)

West Coast RC Raceway in La Mirada
Old 10-26-2009, 07:01 PM
Tech Elite

[QUOTE=greymachine;6522416]

QUOTE]

Heres my EXIV,I put in an old 14 turn motor I had laying around and a 2s 5000mah lipo and it flies lol

Old 10-26-2009, 07:02 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by speedemall
Forgot to tell you guys I have these also, I just finished the EXIV last night. I'll post pics later

I'm still trying to find another Alfa Romeo... I had the red on with Larini's stickers on it... and I let it get wrecked... now I'm trying to find another one...

I LOVE my Calsonic Primera though... bought it about four years ago from the 'bay and it came with the Calsonic blue paint
Old 10-26-2009, 07:44 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by akura2
I'm still trying to find another Alfa Romeo... I had the red on with Larini's stickers on it... and I let it get wrecked... now I'm trying to find another one...

I LOVE my Calsonic Primera though... bought it about four years ago from the 'bay and it came with the Calsonic blue paint
That alfa you see in my pics is the same exact body as the Martini but my version BOSCH only came with the TL01 I have that Martini around here somewhere. It was driven by Larinni and Nannini and was the TA03F front engine car.I enjoyed building the Calsonic because the decals were small in quantity lol. Thats the only bad thing I found about some of these FF kits, way too many decals.

The martinis are not hard to get,there are 4 of the kits and a body set on this page
http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trk...All-Categories
Old 10-26-2009, 08:02 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by akura2
WCRCR is also a great venue to run the cars... indoor asphalt track on par with tamiya's with better grip and consistent surface (because it's indoors)

West Coast RC Raceway in La Mirada

Has it re-opened? Last I heard, they were supposedly re-opening on the Oct. 22nd... Haven't confirmed it.

I wouldn't mind checking that place out. It's literally a few blocks down from where I live, and both off and on road tracks looks really good...

I also have to go where lots of on-road guys might potentially be because I've been looking for someone with a tire truer...
Old 10-26-2009, 09:45 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by speedemall

Heres my EXIV,I put in an old 14 turn motor I had laying around and a 2s 5000mah lipo and it flies lol

Looks awesome, very nice job on those decals.
Old 10-27-2009, 09:14 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Nice job 'speedmall'. This is what I did with mine for a TCS race in the late '90's. Interior with roll cage. 2nd place in concours.
Attached Thumbnails FWD TOURING CAR FORUM - Tamiya FF01, FF02, Yokomo YRF-2, Kyosho Mantis FF-7uptoyota.jpg  
Old 10-27-2009, 01:02 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by cartix
Nice job 'speedmall'. This is what I did with mine for a TCS race in the late '90's. Interior with roll cage. 2nd place in concours.
Excellent job Cartix!! It's definately different. First I have seen a soft drink themed JTCC car. Thats gives me an idea for a future paint scheme. You still have it,if so whats it's current condition?
Old 10-27-2009, 05:06 PM
Tech Adept

Has anyone brought this up yet?

http://www.hpiracing.com/kitinfo/32710/

Says it can be adjusted to work with mini bodies and cup racer size bodies. It is no Yokomo YR but looks like a good base for some cheap, fun driving.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.