Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Does Tekin hotwire support Windows 7 64bit? >

Does Tekin hotwire support Windows 7 64bit?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Does Tekin hotwire support Windows 7 64bit?

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2010, 10:23 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

anyone near u or that u race with that would let u try their hotwire in your comp??, this would eliminate comp or hotwire if it works or not
Old 02-15-2010, 11:55 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike
If you're having installl issues you should make sure you're running the latest version of the .Net framework.

Also during the install disable any anti virus you have running.

When you install the latest software(hotwire 4.0 right?) do you get both icons on your desktop? 32 bit and 64 bit?
.net framework, I was messing with, on remote cfonnection on my desktop. Window 7 Utimate 64 and Vista Will not DL .net framework, any versions of Framework on Windows 7. Any other ideas??
Old 02-16-2010, 01:44 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Geezatec
.net framework, I was messing with, on remote cfonnection on my desktop. Window 7 Utimate 64 and Vista Will not DL .net framework, any versions of Framework on Windows 7. Any other ideas??
It's odd how both versions of Windows will not dl .net framework.

I'd be inclined to find a windows tech forum and seek some answers there to sort that first, if it's possible.

(Only looking at it with some logic - which isn't always the answer though! )
Old 02-16-2010, 08:24 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Windows 7 has the .net framework 3.5.1 on the disc. Go to control panel, programs, turn on off windows features. It is enabled by default.
Old 02-16-2010, 08:43 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by ottoman
I have personally seen two cases were the Hotwire was not seen by the computer because the cable was not inserted into the Hotwire far enough.
+1

I am embarassed to say I had to call Tekin support when I first got my Hotwire 2 weeks ago for help because I simply didn't plug the cable in all the way. I had the same symptoms described so far except I am running on a Win XP netbook. I went through all the troubleshooting steps on the website before finally calling.

As it was explained to me over the phone, the USB cable must be flush or inset when fully inserted (no gap whatsoever between the hotwire case and usb cable). It took a bit more insertion force than most USB connections do to get the connection fully seated. The pins in the USB connector that provide power engage before the pins that transmit and receive data do, and even if you see the LED's on the hotwire and ESC light up it doesn't mean they are communicating.
Old 02-16-2010, 09:05 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by or8ital
Windows 7 has the .net framework 3.5.1 on the disc. Go to control panel, programs, turn on off windows features. It is enabled by default.
Originally Posted by mpboost
+1

I am embarassed to say I had to call Tekin support when I first got my Hotwire 2 weeks ago for help because I simply didn't plug the cable in all the way. I had the same symptoms described so far except I am running on a Win XP netbook. I went through all the troubleshooting steps on the website before finally calling.

As it was explained to me over the phone, the USB cable must be flush or inset when fully inserted (no gap whatsoever between the hotwire case and usb cable). It took a bit more insertion force than most USB connections do to get the connection fully seated. The pins in the USB connector that provide power engage before the pins that transmit and receive data do, and even if you see the LED's on the hotwire and ESC light up it doesn't mean they are communicating.
If you read my post on first page, I discribe it pretty well. If .net framework is on programs of Window 7, it would be listed under programs, which is not. Reading about .net framework, it used with Window 98, NT, to XP. .Net Framework is not supported by Vista or window7. I tried to DL .NET Framework 2.0 SP1. I fet on screen " this product is not supported on Vista Operating System". Reading on Tekins websight, Two Theads on Window7, seems like Tekins had not come out with window 7 upgrade, yet. Even though disabling my anti-virus the same problem.

I'm just useing my laptop with Tekins 4.0. It work well on Windows XP. New Computer (desktop) Windows 7 Ultimate would wait till I return to US, so I could take a better look at it.
Old 02-16-2010, 09:17 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

If you read my post on first page, I discribe it pretty well. If .net framework is on programs of Window 7, it would be listed under programs, which is not. Reading about .net framework, it used with Window 98, NT, to XP. .Net Framework is not supported by Vista or window7. I tried to DL .NET Framework 2.0 SP1. I fet on screen " this product is not supported on Vista Operating System". Reading on Tekins websight, Two Theads on Window7, seems like Tekins had not come out with window 7 upgrade, yet. Even though disabling my anti-virus the same problem.

I'm just useing my laptop with Tekins 4.0. It work well on Windows XP. New Computer (desktop) Windows 7 Ultimate would wait till I return to US, so I could take a better look at it.
You are mistaken. The .net framework would not be listed under programs. It would be listed under "windows features". Its where you turn off things that come standard on Windows like Internet Explorer.

The latest software works fine on Windows 7. Also the version of .net framework you tried to download is not supported b/c it is old. The newest version (not in beta) is 3.5.1 and is included with Windows 7.
Old 02-16-2010, 02:17 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by or8ital
You are mistaken. The .net framework would not be listed under programs. It would be listed under "windows features". Its where you turn off things that come standard on Windows like Internet Explorer.

The latest software works fine on Windows 7. Also the version of .net framework you tried to download is not supported b/c it is old. The newest version (not in beta) is 3.5.1 and is included with Windows 7.
I'll deal with it when I get back to US. Go back to repteins problem, he started the thread. His problem sounds like the same problem that occurs with mine. He just really say much about it. I put my .10(cents) in.
Old 02-17-2010, 07:45 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Well my problem turned out to be I just did not have the usb cabled pressed in far enough. You really have to press that sucker in there. Worked without any problems. It snaps in when you pretty it in really hard. I just figured I saw the lights come on when I put it in. Thanks for all the help because this thread solved it for me.
Old 02-17-2010, 07:56 PM
Tech Master

Kewl dude! Mine it work good with XP, Windows 7 it doesn't. I have to wait.
Old 02-18-2010, 07:14 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

It works fine with Windows 7. I am running Windows 7 64 bit.
Old 05-03-2012, 12:34 AM
Tech Apprentice

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by ottoman
I have personally seen two cases were the Hotwire was not seen by the computer because the cable was not inserted into the Hotwire far enough.

Thank you! You have to hear a click for it to be working properly. With it pushed in 3/4 of the way the lights turn on but no real connection.

Last edited by archiller; 05-03-2012 at 01:43 AM.
Old 10-26-2012, 07:20 AM
Tech Regular

Bit of a thread dig but im having the an issue, Downloaded hotwire , once done and opened it comes up with the little box saying how to connect then stays like that. If i click update it says that it is un able to do it at this time try again later. what do i do with it to make it work?
Old 10-26-2012, 08:57 AM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by d.k.vmatt
Bit of a thread dig but im having the an issue, Downloaded hotwire , once done and opened it comes up with the little box saying how to connect then stays like that. If i click update it says that it is un able to do it at this time try again later. what do i do with it to make it work?
Matt check your version:

Plug in ONLY the Hotwire and launch the software, hit the "help" button and read the version. Latest is 8.4.1

What is shown?
Old 10-26-2012, 09:05 AM
Tech Regular

Yep it says 8.4.1.

How do i get the actual hotwire program to launch so i can put my car in blinky mode?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.