Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Associated TC5

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2008, 01:57 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Actually, your car will loose droop even if you don't change the collars, but that is minimal compared to the change due to ride height adjustment.
Old 03-03-2008, 02:39 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Can we agree that as tire diameter decreases, you have to adjust droop and ride height, in order to maintain a constant ride height and uptravel setting? That was all I was getting at.

RedRocket
Old 03-03-2008, 03:03 PM
Tech Champion

Yeah totally. My original post was directed at or8ital anyway
Old 03-03-2008, 03:09 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default FYI

thanks guys for all the info that u have poured into the thread. I have read most of the pages. I just got my car a month ago & tried alot of the set ups. & It wasnt until M8 just posted his set up...I found that was the EXACT same set up i ran yesterday & came in 4th...should of been better but u know that dam driver error...lmaooo Thanks again & I'll keep reading. Race on
Old 03-03-2008, 04:16 PM
Tech Apprentice

hello fellow tc5 owners

my car has been trippin out as of late. it would spin out left, but would be fine going right.

list of things i checked already

1. bearings
2. tweak
3. height/droop
4. hinge pin
5. no binding when spring/shock is removed

someone said to check out the ballcups on the hubs.

any other ideas from the tc5 pros?

thanks and happy belated thanksgiving
Old 03-03-2008, 05:34 PM
Tech Champion

Make sure if you have aluminum diffs the blades are moving freely in the diff slot, of if you have plastic diffs, make shure the outdrives are ok, no notches in the slot.

Does the body or chassis show any tire traction goo pick up or obvious signs of track contact? Are the wheels touching the inside of the body on one side or the other?

Shocks should all be the same length/longer than the travel of your droop setting.

Check the springs as well. Sometimes you can get one way out of whack on length or rating. I had a set of blue springs like that, bought a new pair and it was fine.

You can also set the car on the edge of a setup board, 2 front wheels on and 2 rear wheels off, (or vice versa), middle of the chassis touching the edge. There are small center holes on each end of the car to put an xacto or pen into to lift the car. Lifting the car up will push the 2 wheels into the travel, and you will be able to see if one side is softer. Letting the end down you will see if one wheel lifts off of the surface before the other. The center of the chassis should be always touching the edge of the board, it is the fulcrum.

You can lift the end of the car past where the center of the chassis lifts off of the board to see what side of the chassis lands first, that will also tell you which side is soft and needs to have the spring collar turned down. Try to turn one collar down and the opposite up in equal amounts to reduce the amount of change on one shock.

Basically, you do a see-saw motion with your car to see the suspension work. Sometimes having all 4 wheels involved makes things hard to see, but isolating 2 wheels helps to make things clearer. Even with setup tools and gauges, this can reveal problems that might be too subtle to detect otherwise.
Credit to Bob Stellflue of AE for showing me this.

You may want to remove the top deck just to see if the car will come back. Tighten the topdeck with the help of a friend on a flat surface.

You may want to take everything off of the chassis to make sure the chassis is still flat. It should have very little movement when on a flat surface. IF you tap the corners and it moves a lot, your chassis may be tweaked or have taken a bad hit. A small clicking when you tap the chassis is normal, but if there is obvious movement it may be bad.
Old 03-03-2008, 06:42 PM
Tech Apprentice

wow thank you for that elaborate dissertation. you make valid suggestions that i will highly consider and try. i will work on the car after i watch this episode of Perfect Strangers. i have 18mins left.

balky for president
Old 03-03-2008, 07:59 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pekpekmaster
hello fellow tc5 owners

my car has been trippin out as of late. it would spin out left, but would be fine going right.

1. bearings
2. tweak
3. height/droop
4. hinge pin

make sure the diffs arent loose. i hada loose diff in my ft tc4 and it kept spinning out on corners. tightened it up it was fine.
Old 03-04-2008, 08:25 AM
Tech Elite

hello fellow tc5 owners

1. bearings
2. tweak
3. height/droop
4. hinge pin

Check the aluminum bulkheads. They can bend in a hard crash.
Old 03-04-2008, 08:38 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

hello fellow tc5 owners

1. bearings
2. tweak
3. height/droop
4. hinge pin

Also check and make sure your tires are glued all the way around the bead! This is something every driver tends to overlook. Always rotate and check your tires after every run, you will be amazed at what you see. Unglued(came unglued) tires will mislead you in thinking its something elses.

All tires do come unglued from time to time. Preventive maintenance is required on tires aswell, and remember ROTATE!

Last edited by m8commando; 03-04-2008 at 06:36 PM.
Old 03-04-2008, 10:52 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

anybody know what gears to use to get the proper 3.5 fdr and lower required for a 17.5 BL that fits in the car? i tried a 60/35 (48p) and it didnt fit (64p would be prefered, just tried 48 as its all the lhs had)
Old 03-04-2008, 01:23 PM
Tech Champion

You need big pinions. 88t 64p spur and a 50t pinion would get you close to 3.5 final.
Old 03-04-2008, 02:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 109 (100%+)

what turnbuckle wrenches work on this car? lunsford punisher? hudy 3mm?
Old 03-04-2008, 02:17 PM
Tech Apprentice

thank you for the abundance of replies. the tc5 guys are great and are very informative individuals.

i fixed the problem!

it is even on both sides now. cheers.
Old 03-04-2008, 02:24 PM
Tech Elite

thank you for the abundance of replies. the tc5 guys are great and are very informative individuals.

i fixed the problem!

it is even on both sides now. cheers.
What was the problem?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.