Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

Inferno MP9 thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 10-10-2016, 02:30 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Inferno MP9 thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: tobamiester
Another TKI thread, more TKI4 Specific http://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-of...buggy-kit.html

TKI4 Replacement Parts (Good for upgrading from TKI3) http://www.kyoshoamerica.com/Replace...ts_c_1505.html

TKI4 Optional Parts http://www.kyoshoamerica.com/Option-Parts_c_1506.html

Some notes on the new Towers/Long shocks here

Picked up a TKI3 and want to upgrade to TKI4 ? Here are all the updated parts:

Shocks

IF347-155 1.5X5 Pistons
IF471-01 Front Shock Body
IF470-01 Rear Shock Body
IF470-03BK Shock Adjust Dial
IFW154 Boots
IF346-05C Shock End Set

Wing

IF491BK Wing
IFW460B Wing Mount/Stay

Rear End

IFH006W Wheel
IF490 HUB
IF490-01 Hub Insert
IF492 Shock Pin
IF423HB Rear Arm
IF287 Hard Upper Rod Rear

Front End

IF489 Steering Rod Set
IF488 Knuckles
IF487H Front Arm
IFW458 Hard Lower Pin
IFW425 93MM CVD
IF286 Hard Upper Rod
IF486 Lower Susp Holder
IFW459 Servo Saver (Hard)
IF446B Ackerman Arm
IF426-64.5 Susp Shaft

Other

IF469B Filter
97035LW-13 Clutch Bell
IF453B Body Mount
IFW107GM Hexes
W300910 Washer
IF443B Center Diff Plate
IF444C Tank
IF479B Radio Box
96772 13x16x0.15mm Shim
IF481B Fuel Tank Stay
IFW336GM Wheelnut
IFB008 TKI4 Body
IFD403W TKI4 Decal

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2013, 04:18 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by trazom
Hello, I'm trying to prepare myself for some spare parts for racing ahead.
Many seem to have trouble with their shafts. Personally I've never broken or twisted but I am told that this is not why it will not happen.
I saw Kyosho proposed different shafts:
Those of origin, strengthened and CVD. Which do you think it will be best for me? CVD not seem right?
Thank you for your help.

PS: Sean, congratulations for your fantastic race.
Umm... you've missed a few there mate. One can run the orginal thinner universals, the thicker HD universals, original diameter captured unis and finally the thicker HD captured unis. Phew!

Best ones to run are A) whichever you can find cheapest or B) whichever you think makes your car handle best/easiest to drive or C) a mixture of any of the 4 variables or finally, D) whatever one can get their hands on.

In all serious though, I run the 91mm thicker HD universals in the rear, usually the thicker HD centre captured unis (but gonna try the original style HD centre universals once they arrive in a week or 2) and either the 91mm HD unis or 91mm HD captured unis up front.

Never had any problems with the shafts popping out or bending (yet).
Originally Posted by oghobavo
White lithium grease for ring and pinion.

Black grease for the diff out drives .
The white grease in the little blue circular container supplied with all MP9 kits isn't actually any kind of lithium grease. The supplied grease is a teflon grease, not sure what the base is but I 'm pretty sure it isn't lithium.
Old 02-04-2013, 06:24 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by aaron125
The white grease in the little blue circular container supplied with all MP9 kits isn't actually any kind of lithium grease. The supplied grease is a teflon grease, not sure what the base is but I 'm pretty sure it isn't lithium.
I dont use that stuff that comes with the kits. I use actual white lithium grease. I've been using it for years in my rigs gearboxes and its great stuff.

Old 02-04-2013, 07:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

AZRC4Me , I saw the results on Neobuggy for the Revelation Winter Nats. Congratulations. I was looking at the equipment that is shown that you run and its listed you are running Orion motors. I was just curious as to what your motor/pipe combo is and your thoughts on it, ie power band, mileage, etc. I am building a new tki3 for this summer and am considering an Orion power plant.
Old 02-04-2013, 07:20 AM
Tech Rookie

Hi guys

I am currently doing a school project, reverse engineering 1/8 offroad car into solidworks.

I have to write a report on the product and i am conducting an online survey on 1/8 offroad car.

I will send the analysis of the survey to various manufacturer in the hope that they
will improved the 1/8 product based on your feedback.

I thank you all so much for your time. it will take roughly 5 minutes of your time.

below is the link to the survey

surveymonkey.com/s/QD3ZQSW

add the triple w before the surveymonkey

thank you
jp
Old 02-04-2013, 08:20 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by oghobavo
I dont use that stuff that comes with the kits. I use actual white lithium grease. I've been using it for years in my rigs gearboxes and its great stuff.
+1, great stuff...avail everywhere
Old 02-04-2013, 08:23 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

The front uni's popping out is by far the most annoying thing that i have come across from any manu...Seems to have come back magically in my buggy again..I will look at the older posts to see what the 'solution of the month' is..I dont want to go aftermarket, but this seems to be the only solution on this forum that someone has not disputed :-)
Old 02-04-2013, 08:25 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)

I just bought a Kyosho MP9 TKI3 (switching from RC8.2). I've read many pages on this thread and it seems that there are complaints about the motor mount.

Any thoughts on the Kingheadz motor mount for the MP9? And could someone post links or part numbers of the Agama mount parts that are working? Thanks in advance.
Old 02-04-2013, 08:27 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Happy Meal
The front uni's popping out is by far the most annoying thing that i have come across from any manu...Seems to have come back magically in my buggy again..I will look at the older posts to see what the 'solution of the month' is..I dont want to go aftermarket, but this seems to be the only solution on this forum that someone has not disputed :-)
What's the aftermarket solution?
Old 02-04-2013, 08:47 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Happy Meal
I have been pretty lucky and have yet to experience this. My only question would be are you running the front end in the wide setting and if so do you run the 93mm axles? I run my tki3 in the wide setting with the standard 91mm axles all has been good.
Old 02-04-2013, 09:00 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by nougat
I just bought a Kyosho MP9 TKI3 (switching from RC8.2). I've read many pages on this thread and it seems that there are complaints about the motor mount.

Any thoughts on the Kingheadz motor mount for the MP9? And could someone post links or part numbers of the Agama mount parts that are working? Thanks in advance.
If you stay after your motor mount screws and apply some thread lock, you will be fine. I have run 20-45 minute mains and when I service my buggy the screws are still torqued down when I try and break them loose. Some have chose to use a different set of mounts which allows them to use longer screws and a lock nut. Ultimately run what makes you the most comfortable.
Old 02-04-2013, 09:01 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

What's the aftermarket solution?
The 93mm shafts.

I suffered through the popping out issue w/ the EVO and eventually figured out (with some help) that the diff was not centered. This caused one side, in my case the left side as you are looking at it, to cover more of the drive shaft. This meant the right side was "shorter" and therefore susceptible to popping out when the arm was fully extended. I centered the diff, making sure the drive shafts had equal coverage on the left and the right.
Old 02-04-2013, 10:44 AM
Tech Initiate

Thank you aaron 125 for your information and excuse me if I speak wrong, I'm French and I speak your language badly.

I still have my original car, nothing broken or twisted. But every time I read things about shafts, people break or twist them and use different dimensions: 91mm or 93mm.
I admit that I'm lost.
Old 02-04-2013, 12:35 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by 305M3
The 93mm shafts.

I suffered through the popping out issue w/ the EVO and eventually figured out (with some help) that the diff was not centered. This caused one side, in my case the left side as you are looking at it, to cover more of the drive shaft. This meant the right side was "shorter" and therefore susceptible to popping out when the arm was fully extended. I centered the diff, making sure the drive shafts had equal coverage on the left and the right.
Sure you havent got the centre outdrives mixed up with the front/rear ones? Or running lots of droop ?
Old 02-04-2013, 04:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Chris-s
Sure you havent got the centre outdrives mixed up with the front/rear ones? Or running lots of droop ?
Valid points, but definitely things I (we) checked. A friend was an O'Donnell racer back in the day and had this same issue. Turned out centering the diff was the thing that fixed my "popping out" issues.
Old 02-04-2013, 04:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...C-Engine-Mount

They are exactly 1mm taller. I haven't installed mine yet. I have a hole in my chassis. Plan to try them on the next chassis.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.