Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CEFX 2010 - A new Evolution.

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2010, 12:30 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default Good Job Josh!! Great Meeting you!!

I am quite sure we will eventually see a complete car as the demand has been high and many like myself just can't justify $389 for a TOP Photon and $300 worth of CEFX goodies.

Josh is well aware of this and really made me feel like he is on our side (the racers without sponsorships and free stuff). He gets it and I believe he will really make a superior car for the price. You have to start somewhere and test the waters right. Josh really seems a great guy and my wife and I really enjoyed his patience in talking with us. It was a blast to see him race and cheer him on
Old 06-02-2010, 12:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HarryN
Hey Josh, I hope you can make your own touring sedan one day. With all this time invested, I bet you will produce a hardcore machine.

Any word on if you will be making your own brand of TC?
Not trying to stir the pot, but wasn't the Photon his own touring car?
Old 06-02-2010, 12:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by M-Technic
Not trying to stir the pot, but wasn't the Photon his own touring car?
It was, but due to some internal issues between Josh and TOP, I figure it was time for Josh to bring out an Evolution of his own design under the CEFX brand name, as opposed to TOP. I figured it would only be right.
Old 06-02-2010, 12:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by F1fletch
I am quite sure we will eventually see a complete car as the demand has been high and many like myself just can't justify $389 for a TOP Photon and $300 worth of CEFX goodies.

Josh is well aware of this and really made me feel like he is on our side (the racers without sponsorships and free stuff). He gets it and I believe he will really make a superior car for the price. You have to start somewhere and test the waters right. Josh really seems a great guy and my wife and I really enjoyed his patience in talking with us. It was a blast to see him race and cheer him on
Josh is a great guy..he came up to Raincity in Seattle a few year ago...
I still have the raffle prize ( Trinity Batteries case) with his autograph sign by him...
I like the Ideal of the CEFX EVO and I will support his product....
From watching the video @ Reedy , Josh has already proved the CEFX Evo is good...
Old 06-02-2010, 02:37 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Josh,
It was very nice to see you there at the reedy! Your car looks very good on the track. I will see you at the world!

-Hiro
Old 06-02-2010, 05:00 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Where can you get the new solaris rims?
Old 06-02-2010, 07:58 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Goingfast
I like the Ideal of the CEFX EVO and I will support his product....
From watching the video @ Reedy , Josh has already proved the CEFX Evo is good...
True Franko...that's why I'm seriously considering this as my next 'money pit', lol.
Old 06-02-2010, 09:41 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by JayBee
True Franko...that's why I'm seriously considering this as my next 'money pit', lol.
Old 06-03-2010, 07:53 AM
Tech Master

Everyone - Thanks for all the kind words, it's really appreciated.

HarryN - That is the eventual goal now. We want to make the rest of the parts to finish off our 1/12 on-road, WGT, oval and Evolution so they use all CEFX parts with as little OEM reliance on other companies as possible. It's going to take some time but I think it's possible to do within the next year. I would like to head back to the Reedy next year with the car much closer to 100% CEFX.

M-Technic - I designed the Photon for TOP Racing.
Old 06-03-2010, 07:55 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Josh
I want to order the new lipo locator, is it available? I didnt see it on your site.
Old 06-03-2010, 08:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Josh Cyrul
M-Technic - I designed the Photon for TOP Racing.
Right. Not your own brand, but... your own car.
Old 06-03-2010, 08:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Josh Cyrul
HarryN - That is the eventual goal now. We want to make the rest of the parts to finish off our 1/12 on-road, WGT, oval and Evolution so they use all CEFX parts with as little OEM reliance on other companies as possible. It's going to take some time but I think it's possible to do within the next year. I would like to head back to the Reedy next year with the car much closer to 100% CEFX.
Oh wow, that would be very awesome, Josh. I've left the TC arena for a while, to focus on RCGT. When your own Evolution car is available, I will be ready to order one from Mimi at The Track!

I'm pretty sure your car will be a huge hit, seeing how awesome your designed Photon was and how big a sweet spot it has in tuning it.

I'm going to wait until you have your TC out on the market. I'm pretty excited right now!!
Old 06-03-2010, 08:29 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by M-Technic
Right. Not your own brand, but... your own car.
Obviously i cant speak for Josh but just because Josh designed the Photon it doesnt mean he used every single radical idea he has on one car.. im sure TOP would of had some oversight on the general layout of the car.. with josh using his vast knowledge to make his own design refinements etc.

pure speculation but i cant be too far off.
Old 06-03-2010, 10:41 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Team-RTR
Obviously i cant speak for Josh but just because Josh designed the Photon it doesnt mean he used every single radical idea he has on one car.. im sure TOP would of had some oversight on the general layout of the car.. with josh using his vast knowledge to make his own design refinements etc.

pure speculation but i cant be too far off.
DUDE WHAT EVER....
Old 06-03-2010, 02:37 PM
Tech Master

Team-RTR - Actually, they had a complete car already designed and even started on some molds when I went there. That car was scrapped as the design was pretty far off in most respects. I started with the shocks, then suspension mounts, suspension and carried on through the car. In the end, the Photon has little/no resemblance to their first design. Yes, EJ and Vincent did have input but it was more in terms of preferences or durability concerns - not so much from an actual dimensional aspect......

In racing, we are always learning and trying to push things just that little bit further. The Photon was the best I could come up with at that time but that was over 2 years ago when I finished it.... A lot has changed and of course with more testing, developing and thinking outside the box anything is possible. The trick of it is over comming people's first impression's or opinions when the product is so different. It either takes a level of trust or salesmanship to get the product rolling out the door. That was the case with the Photon as people slowly warmed up to it and I think the Evolution will be the same way.... Only time will tell....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.