Capricorn LAB-C01

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Capricorn LAB-C01

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2012, 07:14 PM
Tech Rookie

Just received my new lab co2 kit from kamikaze hobbies.Does anyone know if the acer ceramic bearing kit for the co1 will fit the lab co2?
Old 01-19-2012, 12:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by brettoakland
Just received my new lab co2 kit from kamikaze hobbies.Does anyone know if the acer ceramic bearing kit for the co1 will fit the lab co2?
The front diff's bearings are different, but the rest will fit. Just remember that the CO2 has additional 3x6x2.5 flanged bearings (no need for ceramics) and 5x10x4 bearings for the side belt tensioner.

Kindest regards,
Lars.
Old 01-19-2012, 10:36 AM
Tech Apprentice

BELL CLUTCH 1/10 ERGAL with black shoe How long does it last compare to the stock ??
Old 01-19-2012, 03:12 PM
Tech Addict

Default One way busted :(

Hey people so last Subday was running my C02 and all of a sudden engine break. 1st spear gear stripped 360 degrees. Today started the inspection as I thought the engine moved and to my big surprise the one way was like welded to the shaft. Took some beating to remove shaft from one way.

Do I need to replace the shaft as well even though it still looks & feels good ?

Why did this happen when the one way was lubed with proper grease etc...

I might have degreased the one way while cleaning and forgot to lube.
Old 01-19-2012, 03:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jorge858
BELL CLUTCH 1/10 ERGAL with black shoe How long does it last compare to the stock ??
I advice to use the bell and shoe only for practice before race day and on race day. It will wear faster then a steel bell and a red shoe but the improved acceleration is defiantly worth it.
Also clean the bell and shoe after everyday of practice

Acer also have a LAB C02 kit available.
But as mentioned by Lars the only main difference are the new smaller front diff bearings.

Originally Posted by speed6
Hey people so last Subday was running my C02 and all of a sudden engine break. 1st spear gear stripped 360 degrees. Today started the inspection as I thought the engine moved and to my big surprise the one way was like welded to the shaft. Took some beating to remove shaft from one way.

Do I need to replace the shaft as well even though it still looks & feels good ?

Why did this happen when the one way was lubed with proper grease etc...

I might have degreased the one way while cleaning and forgot to lube.
If the shaft still looks good and still has a proper diameter I think you could use it again. Might clean it up a little with some soft scotch bright to be sure.

If it hasn't been lubed it will overheat and it will get stuck.
I clean mine before every practice day and when I'm running the car a lot or the track is dirty I will clean and relube during the practice day.
Most of the Capricorn one ways are German INA bearings and I think they are best lubed with an oil, I use the Xceed one way oil.
I've been using the same one-way which was in the kit in 2010 for all my practice days until the end of 2011.
I have a completely separate gearbox and one way which I only use on race days.
Old 01-20-2012, 07:48 AM
Tech Master

There have been rumors for a while but today it's official: Lamberto Collari has joined Capricorn!.
The best drive in the world now has the best car in the world.

We can exclusively report that 9-time World Champion Lamberto Collari has joined Capricorn for 2012. Having driven for Kyosho previously the Italian was looking for a new adventure and decided to change to Capricorn to make an Italian dream team with Italian driver, car, engine and tires. As well as competing in this year’s National championship and aiming to defend the European title he won last year in Luxembourg, Collari is also looking for new goals and having tested the company’s Lab-C02 chassis, has decided for the first time to compete in the 1/10th scale class and will race that this year’s Euros in Cassino, Italy.

Source:
http://www.redrc.net/2012/01/exclusi...ins-capricorn/
Old 01-20-2012, 09:21 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Me Kyosho Competition Capricorn
Old 01-20-2012, 10:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Great addition to the team. And he'll drive a sedan too!!! Wow
Old 01-20-2012, 04:03 PM
Tech Apprentice

what the different from the WHITE eccentrical roll center to the black??
Old 01-21-2012, 12:46 AM
Tech Rookie

Just started my build of the co2.manual & pictures or the worst.My manual for my d8 hara buggy is way better&($300.00 cheaper) hardware is ok at best.fit & finish of parts is outstanding. Why did Capricorn put every screw in one bag instead of putting the screws for each component together like everybody else does?For $699.00 I expect better attention to detail. Just venting.
Old 01-21-2012, 09:19 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by jorge858
what the different from the WHITE eccentrical roll center to the black??
The white eccentric roll centre inserts are made out of a Teflon based material.
This makes them smoother compared to the standard black pieces.

Just started my build of the co2.manual & pictures or the worst.My manual for my d8 hara buggy is way better&($300.00 cheaper) hardware is ok at best.fit & finish of parts is outstanding. Why did Capricorn put every screw in one bag instead of putting the screws for each component together like everybody else does?For $699.00 I expect better attention to detail. Just venting.
Can you tell me what you disliked about the manual, either here or by pm?. The manuals are improving every time, that's also why they decided to go with a digital version, so we would like to know what parts need improving?.

I will ask about the screws, and if it's possible to change it in the future.
Personally I like them to all be in one bag since I never follow a manual when building a car.
Old 01-21-2012, 12:05 PM
Tech Elite

Some people whinge about everything! Find something real to complain about! You got to understand that you're alone with this trivial matter; no one else has complained about it on this thread or the the CO8 thread so far after so long, and you won't have much fun with this or any other car if this is enough to start whining about.

I was advised a long time ago to always start any new build by sorting the components, before doing anything regardless of how they are organised or the manual. Everybody else does not put "the screws for each component together". Most cars that I've built have had the screws in packs just like Capricorn, and it's quicker and easier for me to have all screws sorted to sizes. But the again I suppose some of us organise ourselves differently.

I've seen full size manuals that have better details (and also worse), but the Capricorn manuals are perfectly adequate; and covers the build with details perfectly, although any manual can be a bit daunting for an inexperienced person. But the pictures are the best I've come across. The small size Capricorn manual is a handy size to bring to meetings; but you won't find an exploded view in it, it would be probably have too small pictures of the components.

Kindest regards,
Lars.

Last edited by Chickentrader; 01-21-2012 at 12:21 PM.
Old 01-21-2012, 12:18 PM
Tech Elite

Double post deleted.
Old 01-21-2012, 02:07 PM
Tech Rookie

Dear Lars Capricorn I'm sorry I insulted your product that you worked so hard at developing. You are wrong about being alone on my complaints I have heard and read complaints on these very issues.I did notice that you didn't think my observation of fit and finish was "whining " . Mr capricorn please try not to be so hypercritical about someone else's opinion if I open my wallet and purchase a product then i have purchased the right to point out in MY opinion some things that need a little attention.2 complaints on a overall outstanding kit is not bad.I have one final question where are these meetings you take your manual to so I can warn all my friends to stay away(hey kev) I wouldn't want them labeled as douche bags
Old 01-21-2012, 03:16 PM
Tech Elite

Dear Lars Capricorn I'm sorry I insulted your product that you worked so hard at developing. You are wrong about being alone on my complaints I have heard and read complaints on these very issues.I did notice that you didn't think my observation of fit and finish was "whining " . Mr capricorn please try not to be so hypercritical about someone else's opinion if I open my wallet and purchase a product then i have purchased the right to point out in MY opinion some things that need a little attention.2 complaints on a overall outstanding kit is not bad.I have one final question where are these meetings you take your manual to so I can warn all my friends to stay away(hey kev) I wouldn't want them labeled as douche bags
I'm feel very insulted and I'm considering a dose of sleeping pills to end it all after your terrible criticism of the manual and packaging. My sincere and genuine apologies, but I simply cannot reveal which tracks we race at. I wouldn't like to be responsible for reduced attendance due to bringing a manual to the track, but I promise to keep it secret if I see one of your friends there. I'll also hide the manual so no-one will notice how pathetic I am bringing it to the race track. Could I please ask you not tell anyone that I bring it to race meetings though? I couldn't bear the embarrassment if it was discovered.

Thanks for your reply, I just love it when someone bites.

Kindest regards,
Douche Bag Lars.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.