Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2007, 11:53 AM
Tech Lord

Weird, the grey are also 1.8mm
Old 08-24-2007, 11:55 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Corse-R
Sneaking on the parts list, found this....

Code:
H0515 FRONT DAMPER SPRING YELLOW φ1.8mm
Just curious... somewhat similar to gray springs... and doesn't come marked as an optional part (so should be a standard kit part), but... anyone found new springs on their conversion box?
From what I read on Rick V's website they are slightly stiffer than white. Since the wire is smaller I would imagine there are less coils to make it stiffer than the white. He also mentions black springs but I don't see them anywhere on the parts list.

Here is the link. Some good reading on here also.http://www.mugen-rickv.com/index.php...d=37&Itemid=88

Paul
Old 08-24-2007, 12:27 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by chicky03
From what I read on Rick V's website they are slightly stiffer than white. Since the wire is smaller I would imagine there are less coils to make it stiffer than the white. He also mentions black springs but I don't see them anywhere on the parts list.
Black ones?.... AFAIK... were ones that came with... the K2-X.

Just been done some scuba diving between part nos. and found this....

H0515 Fr. Spring 1.8 Yellow (Sting)
H0517 Rr. Spring 1.8 Yellow (Sting)

H0511 Fr. Spring 1.9 Black (K2-X)
H0512 Rr. Spring 1.6 Black (K2-X)

Last edited by Corse-R; 08-24-2007 at 12:55 PM. Reason: Posting results of scubadiving... :p
Old 08-27-2007, 01:23 PM
Tech Addict

The MRX4-X is the CAR to have. The setups that come with the car are dead on. Car works perfect
Old 08-27-2007, 01:46 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by aturbotony
The MRX4-X is the CAR to have. The setups that come with the car are dead on. Car works perfect
I want to think it, but what scares me the s*it is how much agressive was Team Mugen patterning the car for the worlds track.

Not all the tracks are like the worlds one and no one said anything regarding a back to back comparo with an 'R' and a 'X'. I'm not dissing the work that Mugen guys did (In fact... my hat off to you guy to launch the car before the worlds, where anyone wanting to race with the same car as officials, could do it). I'm sure that maybe some parts will thrive after the worlds, but kudos for launching the X.

I have my 'R' and when the conversion arrives, one of my R's will be converted to X and will be compared at the track, where it matters. Unless the new car is massively better, handle much better on all the tracks, than the old, the forthcoming months could be a nightmare of cars, setups and parts to carry at the track.
Old 08-27-2007, 02:09 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I was @ the Chicago MWS and watching Brian and Paul running their brand new never ran 4X.......from what I was told, they were both running the stock setup to begin with and both required just a small adjustment to fit their personal driving style at the end......so it looks like the 4X is not a car designed just for the WORLD, it is just a better car on top of the already good 4R.

At the end of the event...Paul (chicky) TQ'ed and won the race, and Brian is 2nd...both with the 4X (I think they are the only 2 has the X), one two finish for their 1st race with the new car.
Old 08-27-2007, 02:56 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Corse-R
I want to think it, but what scares me the s*it is how much agressive was Team Mugen patterning the car for the worlds track.

Not all the tracks are like the worlds one and no one said anything regarding a back to back comparo with an 'R' and a 'X'. I'm not dissing the work that Mugen guys did (In fact... my hat off to you guy to launch the car before the worlds, where anyone wanting to race with the same car as officials, could do it). I'm sure that maybe some parts will thrive after the worlds, but kudos for launching the X.

I have my 'R' and when the conversion arrives, one of my R's will be converted to X and will be compared at the track, where it matters. Unless the new car is massively better, handle much better on all the tracks, than the old, the forthcoming months could be a nightmare of cars, setups and parts to carry at the track.
With the X you don't have to run a short wheelbase to get the car to rotate in those sweet tight corners. Trust me you'll love it
Old 08-27-2007, 03:14 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Got a chance to test my 4X at 301 and all I can say is WOW!!! IMO the X really out shines the R in the corners. The rear of the X seems to rotate a lot easier, flatter, and faster compared to my R. The short brake lever on the X eliminated all the brake fade I was getting with my R. Resulting in smoother more predictable braking. I used the 4.5 blocks in qualifying and tested the 5.0 block in the main. The 5.0 block didn't fit my driving style. The car wasn't as flat or fast in the corners. It felt like the rear end was stuck. So I'll be going back to the 4.5. 301 is a large, smooth, flowing track and I could feel the difference in the corners. Can't wait to drive this thing on a twisty track.

later
Old 08-27-2007, 05:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

i second turbos opinion.
Old 08-31-2007, 03:49 PM
Tech Elite

Default X conversion... completed!.

Hey, just some quick words just because my X conversion arrived Tuesday and just finished the conversion, I'll put it on the setup station but is finished... after assembling it, some questions come to my mind:

- Didn't bought the conversion kit to -R specs, but... found to miss a set of new o-rings on the box just to put brand new seals on the new shocks. Is a silly part that should cost around 2 bucks and in a box of a price around 200US$, the cost difference is negligible.

Other than this, the car looks really nice and I can't wait until Sunday for their bride run.
Old 08-31-2007, 08:03 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Chewdogg
Got a chance to test my 4X at 301 and all I can say is WOW!!! IMO the X really out shines the R in the corners. The rear of the X seems to rotate a lot easier, flatter, and faster compared to my R. The short brake lever on the X eliminated all the brake fade I was getting with my R. Resulting in smoother more predictable braking. I used the 4.5 blocks in qualifying and tested the 5.0 block in the main. The 5.0 block didn't fit my driving style. The car wasn't as flat or fast in the corners. It felt like the rear end was stuck. So I'll be going back to the 4.5. 301 is a large, smooth, flowing track and I could feel the difference in the corners. Can't wait to drive this thing on a twisty track.

later
WOW! That's good 2 hear. I can't wait 2 run mines at 301 in a couple of weeks.
Old 09-01-2007, 07:46 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default X kit

Anybody Know were i Can Still Get an x kit
Old 09-01-2007, 08:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

you wont be able to find in the U.S. so your best bet is overseas.
Old 09-01-2007, 09:17 AM
Tech Elite

Got mine from Pro-Shop Futaba... really nice guys, quick handling/shipping and really quick answering to all my e-mails.
Old 09-01-2007, 02:14 PM
Tech Elite

Default Question?

On the new X kit, the front tower is a little different and it streches the shock out. You have to turn down the collar pretty far to get the ride height up even with larger tires (75mm rears).

So what if you have 71mm tires on, there will not be enough adjustment for the shock collar? I hope this is making sence. If someone has any answers that would be great!

Anyone running the rear springs on the front of the car??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.