Search
Like Tree61Likes

Do's and Dont's of selling

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2018, 07:15 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kylar
Not sure why youre quoting me, but yes i agree!
nothing against you i was just adding a comment
Old 03-28-2018, 10:22 PM
Tech Rookie

I agree with you.
Old 04-06-2018, 10:45 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by cajunsneed
I also love the "no lowballers" on people's posts and then bump there add a couple days and start asking why nobody is making any offers. Hello! I wonder.
Lol
Old 04-20-2018, 10:23 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

What if you post something for sale...but its also for sale locally? And what if there is interest on here but by the time you get back to your sale thread/pm's you already sold it locally?
Old 04-20-2018, 12:32 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 142 (100%+)
Talking Tell people that your item is also for sale locally

Originally Posted by puffdogg
What if you post something for sale...but its also for sale locally? And what if there is interest on here but by the time you get back to your sale thread/pm's you already sold it locally?
Simply state that it's also for sale locally. Give the person 24 hours to buy the item. If they don't buy it, move on to the next person.
Old 04-20-2018, 12:49 PM
Tech Adept

Thanks TeamSkunkwerks, much appreciated
Old 05-11-2018, 06:10 PM
Super Moderator

Still don't understand why people can't post pictures its not that hard!
Old 05-13-2018, 07:40 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pete720
#4 is my favorite. All the people who dump a bunch of money and add so much stuff to their vehicle and think they are entitled to compensation for it. Got news for you jokers, get over it and suck up the loss its your own fault.
That is the seller’s choice to make... I don’t think anyone feels they’re entitled to anything. If YOU don’t like it, YOU need to get over it and move along. You see, the issue with your rules about “bling doesn’t increase value,” etc is that, that is your opinion. You want to know what irritates me? When I ask a price and someone low balls me by $50.00. You’re screwing up the sellers market by making people think that hop ups etc does not increase the value. Should the seller try and get what they paid for it? Of course not, but it’s still worth something and most likely better than the plastic part it came with.
Old 05-16-2018, 07:11 AM
Tech Adept

So i haven't posted a for sale thread yet...honestly it seems such a mission. I've had issues with loading pics before. But i would like some advice from the senior members who know more than me, thanks in advance. I want to post items but do i do it all on 1 thread or different ones. I am selling restored vintage nitro cars/vintage parts(new and used)/unrestored vintage nitro cars etc.
Old 05-20-2018, 03:15 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Six stickies in this forum and none of them are enforced.

Why are you forcing people to scroll past this pointless stuff every time they visit the forum?
Old 05-20-2018, 03:43 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)

Low baller swap and sell
Old 05-25-2018, 12:02 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

here is a nice "don't do" if you get an infraction do not pm me threatening me that you are cancelling your membership to be an elite member, paying for the membership does not give you a freebee to not obey the forum rules
Old 05-25-2018, 12:17 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Well if these are rules to live by, then I guess it makes more sense to post saying "the item has a ton of upgrades, but since they aren't worth anything, I'll put the original parts back, then the sell the hop ups separately". Makes sense to me... oh wait, if you tell people that.. they will say "well if its all stock parts, its not worth that much" The way I see it is, if im paying for the hop ups and spending my time to install them and get it working at its best, its worth something. If you don't feel like the work you put into an RC to make it great is worth something, then you shouldn't be in this hobby. Im sure I speak for 99% of hobbyists when I say, I am proud of what I build, and what I built is well worth the money and time spent on it. So if you post something, like I have, which basically gives away almost $300 worth of upgrades and my time, its really not worth it to waste it away to people who wont appreciate it for what it is.

Last edited by DROPKICK_RACING; 05-25-2018 at 12:31 PM.
Old 06-03-2018, 08:58 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 78 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DROPKICK_RACING
Well if these are rules to live by, then I guess it makes more sense to post saying "the item has a ton of upgrades, but since they aren't worth anything, I'll put the original parts back, then the sell the hop ups separately". Makes sense to me... oh wait, if you tell people that.. they will say "well if its all stock parts, its not worth that much" The way I see it is, if im paying for the hop ups and spending my time to install them and get it working at its best, its worth something. If you don't feel like the work you put into an RC to make it great is worth something, then you shouldn't be in this hobby. Im sure I speak for 99% of hobbyists when I say, I am proud of what I build, and what I built is well worth the money and time spent on it. So if you post something, like I have, which basically gives away almost $300 worth of upgrades and my time, its really not worth it to waste it away to people who wont appreciate it for what it is.
Put $5000 rims and tires on a 96' Buick doesn't make it's blue book value go up, still a $500 car on trade in. Not disagreeing but the same principle applies.
Old 06-03-2018, 12:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DROPKICK_RACING
To conclude that any person who does not increase the asking prices of vehicles they’ve modified or maintained does not value their work and therefore does not belong within the hobby is a false dichotomy.

Generally speaking, sellers are interested in a quick sale. The ideal strategy to employ in this case is an undifferentiated marketing strategy. When you present an item loaded with hop-ups, its market appeal is diminished, thus resulting (Often) in a lengthy sale, which in turn provides potential buyers a negotiating advantage.

By offering a stock vehicle for sale, you are essentially providing a blank slate for buyers to modify the vehicle to their liking. This strategy might also allow potential buyers to remain within their budget vs exceeding it with the inclusion of various hopups.

While removing hopup parts from your RC to revert to stock will require an additional investment of your time, you will almost always yield a greater return by doing so, which I would imagine is your ultimate objective.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.