Like Tree58Likes

Do's and Dont's of selling

Old 01-30-2020, 06:41 AM
  #886  
Tech Rookie
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Posts: 12
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default How post item to sell

Iím new to this site and Iím trying to sell a Rc and batteries and I canít seem to figure it out. It comes back as I might not be able to sell
Junior8869 is offline  
Old 01-30-2020, 03:46 PM
  #887  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (11)
 
MailManX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: San Diego
Posts: 159
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Junior8869 View Post
Iím new to this site and Iím trying to sell a Rc and batteries and I canít seem to figure it out. It comes back as I might not be able to sell
As explained in one of the sticky posts, you must do either one of the following:

1. Be a member for 90 days and have at least 90 posts...

OR

2. Become an Elite Member

Another sticky post tells you how to become an Elite Member.
MailManX is offline  
Old 03-12-2020, 03:31 PM
  #888  
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Sheboygan, WI
Posts: 4
Default

Reply to your own ad asap. If you bump it every day you should be able to respond even quicker.
TurboTony is offline  
Old 03-16-2020, 03:57 PM
  #889  
Suspended
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,288
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

#5 is complete horse sheeeaaaiaiiite seriously.
It's completely ass backwards. The BUYER has made the conscious decision of reaching out to purposely purchase something. They don't have to but they do so they should be paying the fees. The seller sets out a price for the value of the product- not + fees. This is the better way to approach it. I understand it can be looked at both ways....
sn47som1 is offline  
Old 03-17-2020, 08:15 AM
  #890  
Super Moderator
iTrader: (61)
 
Slo_E4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: FL
Posts: 1,169
Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by sn47som1 View Post
#5 is complete horse sheeeaaaiaiiite seriously.
It's completely ass backwards. The BUYER has made the conscious decision of reaching out to purposely purchase something. They don't have to but they do so they should be paying the fees. The seller sets out a price for the value of the product- not + fees. This is the better way to approach it. I understand it can be looked at both ways....
YOU made the conscious decision to sell a product, YOU are USING paypal to receive funds for that said product. They are YOUR fees! It’s really common sense!

The buyer at an auction doesn’t pay auction fees. The seller does.
Slo_E4 is offline  
Old 04-20-2020, 08:32 AM
  #891  
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Posts: 2
Default

Even though I became an elite member I think I need more posts to list a picture in the buy/sell?
USMCGRUNT is offline  
Old 04-23-2020, 11:05 AM
  #892  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (7)
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 188
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

What other sites are you guys using to host pictures? I tried Photobucket but apparently i need to pay so it densest leave a watermark on my picture. Anyone know if Dropbox works for hosting pictures? - Sorry posted in wrong thread now cant delete it
youngrigo is offline  
Old 05-04-2020, 08:46 AM
  #893  
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 11
Default Just say it

Some people shouldnt be selling shit...lol...great post
Jfargo is offline  
Old 05-04-2020, 08:48 AM
  #894  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (165)
 
SteveM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 7,771
Trader Rating: 165 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by youngrigo View Post
What other sites are you guys using to host pictures? I tried Photobucket but apparently i need to pay so it densest leave a watermark on my picture. Anyone know if Dropbox works for hosting pictures? - Sorry posted in wrong thread now cant delete it
I switched to Imgur when Photobucket got greedy.
SteveM is online now  
Old 06-30-2020, 11:29 AM
  #895  
Tech Master
iTrader: (13)
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Southeast Michigan
Posts: 1,054
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

I keep seeing the same person responding to items for sale the same or nearly the same way every time. I'm not going to name them because maybe everything is completely on the level. But it's always "My name is ******* I would like to buy your item. Please contact me at my phone number *******" About a hundred and twenty five times or so in the last year. This person has zero trader feedback. A month or two ago a forum remember said don't do business outside of the forum. To always use PM's rather than texts. Do you guys agree with that statement?
Milkdudd is offline  
Old 07-01-2020, 05:29 PM
  #896  
Tech Rookie
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Posts: 3
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

I'm also new to the forum as i'm just getting back into the hobby and have made several purchases. But I will agree with your statement to use PM's rather than text that way there is always record of everything but at the same time i've texted people that turned me onto other sales.
AnotherOne is offline  
Old 08-11-2020, 03:48 PM
  #897  
Tech Master
iTrader: (13)
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Southeast Michigan
Posts: 1,054
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Just wondering what happens in this scenario. Suppose everyone is dealing in good faith and a buyer sends PayPal only to find out somebody beat them to it with the purchase. Can the seller just cancel the deal or refund the money without paying a PayPal fee? Since I don't know the answer I try to make contact one final time right before I pay realizing that delay could cause me to lose a deal on something I really wanted
Milkdudd is offline  
Old 10-29-2020, 10:16 AM
  #898  
Tech Master
iTrader: (80)
 
Goof's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Spokane wa
Posts: 1,193
Trader Rating: 80 (99%+)
Default

If you can't ship something within 24 hours of receiving a payment add that to your post I'm tired of guys complaining and whining about when they can ship I paid you now ship my stuff if you can't ship it im asking for a refund if you don't like it don't sell on RC Tech and dont give out your pp and log off ether


I'm not perfect but I don't mess around with somebody pays me I do my best and I emailed them let them know
Goof is offline  
Old 10-30-2020, 05:41 PM
  #899  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (18)
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 512
Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Goof View Post
If you can't ship something within 24 hours of receiving a payment add that to your post I'm tired of guys complaining and whining about when they can ship I paid you now ship my stuff if you can't ship it im asking for a refund if you don't like it don't sell on RC Tech and dont give out your pp and log off ether


I'm not perfect but I don't mess around with somebody pays me I do my best and I emailed them let them know
How about patients! How about waiting for someone to answer a question before you send money. It ridiculous to assume that people can ship the next day when some us have to work. Shipping within 72 hours by the weekend is perfectly acceptable.
brn2fly is offline  
Old 10-30-2020, 09:02 PM
  #900  
Tech Master
iTrader: (80)
 
Goof's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Spokane wa
Posts: 1,193
Trader Rating: 80 (99%+)
Default

Originally Posted by brn2fly View Post
How about patients! How about waiting for someone to answer a question before you send money. It ridiculous to assume that people can ship the next day when some us have to work. Shipping within 72 hours by the weekend is perfectly acceptable.
if that was in your post or if I would have known that I would have never paid you this guy is giving me ultimatums when I'm asking for a refund

Like i said dont give out your pp and log off
Goof is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.