Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New ROAR battery rules pass

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2005, 04:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Thank you Mr. Postman, I too am a USPS employee for 5 years, and my father for 22+ years. I am also a ROAR member and was also getting a little disturbed by the USPS being the scapegoat in the late REV-UP issues. I just did not take the time to try and explain it, you did a very nice job
Old 11-22-2005, 06:00 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by JKA
... or go online and no longer waste money mailing hard copy versions.
Rev-Up already available on-line. It's just as easy reading it on the computer, as it is getting it in the mail. As for voting, that could be set up online too, using your name and ROAR membership number. If there's too much fear that someone could hack into the web site and "stuff" the ballot box, then mail out 4x6 "double" postcards via first-class. As long as the address is correct, everyone should receive them inside a week of being mailed out.

Originally Posted by polesitter61
Thank you Mr. Postman, I too am a USPS employee for 5 years, and my father for 22+ years. I am also a ROAR member and was also getting a little disturbed by the USPS being the scapegoat in the late REV-UP issues. I just did not take the time to try and explain it, you did a very nice job
It was the same thing last year. Folks complaining about not getting Rev-up in time to vote in 2004, and ROAR's pat reply was "it's the post office's fault that it got there late". I've worked as a MPLSM Operator, Expediter, primary and secondary distribution clerk, FSM Operator, 204B (ocr/bcs), Sales & Service Associate, Vending Machine Technician, Business Reply/Postage Due Clerk, F4 Volume/eFlash reports, AM and PM Registry Cage Clerk, PO Box Distribution, and Lobby Director, so I know a little bit about how the post office works. It's not that the USPS is without it's flaws, every company and organization has them. It's that I get weary when I hear people use those tired old stereotypical replies...

You are welcome.

TC
Old 11-22-2005, 06:22 PM
JKA
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mr_postman
Rev-Up already available on-line. It's just as easy reading it on the computer, as it is getting it in the mail.
My point exactly there Mr. McFeely.
Old 11-22-2005, 09:07 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I am totally impressed by the messages posted by the several contributors above. Lots of good information and thoughts there.

With such great input, I am sure ROAR directors are getting "the message" and will get things on track.

To take us to the next level, I would certainly welcome an email message from ROAR telling me that the next newsletter was available on-line and/or asking me to vote electronically on important topics affecting our hobby.

Keep it up gang!