Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

MUGEN SEIKI MRX5

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2014, 11:55 PM
Tech Rookie

Hi everyone

I am new on 1/8. does anyone know where can i get the latest team driver setup?

Cheers!!
Old 04-07-2014, 11:56 PM
Tech Rookie

Hi everyone

I am new on 1/8. does anyone know where can i get the latest team driver setup?

Cheers!!
Old 04-11-2014, 12:04 PM
Tech Initiate

Here are a couple of setup sheets.

http://www.mugenseiki.com/menueefi.htm

On the left there is a button that says "Setting Sheet".

Good luck!
Old 04-17-2014, 02:13 PM
Tech Initiate

Hi guys

I'm a new member, i read for long time this forum and i never wrote something... till now eheh.
I'm an italian driver (so excuse me for my poor english..) and i bought a new mugen mrx5wc after 6 year of serpent (from 960 08 till 977...) and after only few races, i have to say that i've done the right move. Of course i can improve my car a lot, but for now i'm quite happy about my new car. I've only few question:
1) which tyres and which width do you use?
2) which bosyshell do you normally use? I know there isn't the perfect one to use everyday...
sorry for the questions, but i was used to other type of car so i've to restart from the beginning
Of course, i hope to be usefull for any question
ciao.
Old 04-17-2014, 04:46 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by pasqua2291
Hi guys

I'm a new member, i read for long time this forum and i never wrote something... till now eheh.
I'm an italian driver (so excuse me for my poor english..) and i bought a new mugen mrx5wc after 6 year of serpent (from 960 08 till 977...) and after only few races, i have to say that i've done the right move. Of course i can improve my car a lot, but for now i'm quite happy about my new car. I've only few question:
1) which tyres and which width do you use?
2) which bosyshell do you normally use? I know there isn't the perfect one to use everyday...
sorry for the questions, but i was used to other type of car so i've to restart from the beginning
Of course, i hope to be usefull for any question
ciao.
Interesting,

Would you be so bold as to let us know why you feel that moving from a 977 to a MRX5WC was a good move?

Appreciate, thanks
Old 04-17-2014, 05:24 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by cosmokitten
Interesting,

Would you be so bold as to let us know why you feel that moving from a 977 to a MRX5WC was a good move?

Appreciate, thanks
Of course, no problem

Serpent's car always had very much steering, but also a quite stable rear end, just a little slippery on throttle during corner exit.
But since i drove the 977 for the fist time i felt very unconfortable , because it was like i had no rear grip at all. I tryed many setup, tyres, bodyshell and additive, but the situation got only a bit better... I never felt like my old 966... It was like i had to wait to accelerate because the rear end wasn't solid enough. To sum up, after a year and half of racing, i wasn't able to push as i want.
So i decided to buy a Mugen, and after only two days of testin in my hometrack in Fiorano, i am able to go fast like (maybe few tenth better) with the 977 on the single lap, but now i'm more consistent on my race pace.
But this is just my opinion, i have an aggressive drivestyle, and i need a very strong car on the rear, because i hit the throttle very hard. In other word, the 977 is not the right car for me
Old 04-18-2014, 05:38 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Of course, no problem

Serpent's car always had very much steering, but also a quite stable rear end, just a little slippery on throttle during corner exit.
But since i drove the 977 for the fist time i felt very unconfortable , because it was like i had no rear grip at all. I tryed many setup, tyres, bodyshell and additive, but the situation got only a bit better... I never felt like my old 966... It was like i had to wait to accelerate because the rear end wasn't solid enough. To sum up, after a year and half of racing, i wasn't able to push as i want.
So i decided to buy a Mugen, and after only two days of testin in my hometrack in Fiorano, i am able to go fast like (maybe few tenth better) with the 977 on the single lap, but now i'm more consistent on my race pace.
But this is just my opinion, i have an aggresysive drivestyle, and i need a very strong car on the rear, because i hit the throttle very hard. In other word, the 977 is not the right car for me
Body P909
Tires Ennetti,matrix
Width 252F 263R
Old 04-18-2014, 10:07 AM
Tech Regular

Of course, no problem

But this is just my opinion, i have an aggressive drivestyle, and i need a very strong car on the rear, because i hit the throttle very hard. In other word, the 977 is not the right car for me
its a pity you have this experience. To my opinion there is no car wich can`t be setup to have a "solid" rear. I have the 977 this year the first time and got the car solid and very loose on the rear with simple modifications. Very responcive car if setup right. But can also have a "solid " rear if you like it.
But this said the MRX is also a nice car by the looks of it.

have fun.
Old 04-19-2014, 04:25 AM
Tech Apprentice

Of course, no problem

Appreciate your opinion / experience, thanks!
Old 04-19-2014, 05:23 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by djiewie
its a pity you have this experience. To my opinion there is no car wich can`t be setup to have a "solid" rear. I have the 977 this year the first time and got the car solid and very loose on the rear with simple modifications. Very responcive car if setup right. But can also have a "solid " rear if you like it.
But this said the MRX is also a nice car by the looks of it.

have fun.
What you say, especially in 1/8th scale, is true, because with rear solid axle, the rear end of the car must always slide a bit if you want corner fast. I have 12 years of experience in this class, and i think i'm quite able to setup a car (even if i never stop learning new things) but during a whole year i wasn't able to have a "solid enough" rear to have a fast car. I will explain better: many times i sticky the rear to the ground, but then the car wasn't fast---> useless... Other times i was able to make my car turning very well, but during corner exit i wasn't able to push, either oversteering.
Do not forget also that track in Usa are very different from Euro ones, also spray with additive the track and additive tyres are two completly different situation... we can talk about it about hours, but the most important thing for me is to have a feeling with the car you drive. And with my 977 i hadn't it.

Originally Posted by GMartinez
Body P909
Tires Ennetti,matrix
Width 252F 263R
Thank you so much

Originally Posted by cosmokitten
Appreciate your opinion / experience, thanks!
Old 05-12-2014, 09:48 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (89%+)

Has anyone tried the Carbon Fiber Chassis? How does it handle?
Old 05-12-2014, 10:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

it depends what brand fiber chassis you are talking about? some brands are not using real fiber, only fiber on both surfaces. be careful.
Old 05-13-2014, 12:45 AM
Tech Fanatic

The chassis from zeppin if there no good I'll get one made out of the sheets I can get hold off
Old 05-13-2014, 02:36 AM
Tech Initiate

Carbon fiber chassis may only be usefull on very very very high grip condition, but it will be destructive for the engine... Remember that carbon fiber is a worth heat conductor than ergal..
Old 05-13-2014, 04:25 AM
Tech Fanatic

Carbon fiber chassis may only be usefull on very very very high grip condition, but it will be destructive for the engine... Remember that carbon fiber is a worth heat conductor than ergal..
Ah ok I was thinking opposite i thought it would be good in low grip tracks and terrible in high grip

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.