Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree12Likes

Yokomo MR-4TC SD

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2005, 04:08 AM
Tech Champion

what do you suggest for the center drive shaft replacement ? I'm thinking to retire the stock shaft and change to something lighter and faster spool?...... but something cheap please
Old 01-05-2005, 04:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Spool Set-Up

Any suggestions for the CGM?

And can the Yokomo Carbon Prop Shaft handle the spool or shall I go back to the alum sprop shaft?

Does yokomo have a 6 degree c-hub?

I used to use a spool on a Warp TC3? will I expect the CGM to react in almost the same way?

Thanks!! Lem
Old 01-05-2005, 07:29 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by asw7576
what do you suggest for the center drive shaft replacement ? I'm thinking to retire the stock shaft and change to something lighter and faster spool?...... but something cheap please
try the tobee center shaft or the new yokomo hollow one. I've used the tobee shaft with modifieds and it held up fine. I've yet to try one of the new hollow shafts but they're made by team bomber and they have a really good reputation on their other shafts.
Old 01-05-2005, 07:33 AM
Tech Champion

Default Re: Spool Set-Up

Originally posted by lem2
Any suggestions for the CGM?

And can the Yokomo Carbon Prop Shaft handle the spool or shall I go back to the alum sprop shaft?

Does yokomo have a 6 degree c-hub?

I used to use a spool on a Warp TC3? will I expect the CGM to react in almost the same way?

Thanks!! Lem
I would use the stock center shaft, the old graphite center shaft from yokomo will twist with a stock motor installed. They have a new hollow center shaft made by team bomber that should be very good. Yokomo only has 4 deg hubs at the moment. If you've driven a spool car before then you should have no problem with the CGM, it reacts the same as the tc3 as far as setup changes go.
Old 01-05-2005, 07:47 AM
Tech Elite

Default Matt

Thanks, you've been really helpful!
Old 01-05-2005, 01:50 PM
Tech Fanatic

Just finished this beuty, awsome car
I will look at the camber and toe-angles when i arrive at the track tomorrow.
Attached Thumbnails Yokomo MR-4TC SD-pic-005.jpg  
Old 01-05-2005, 02:46 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally posted by Sparx
Just finished this beuty, awsome car
I will look at the camber and toe-angles when i arrive at the track tomorrow.
very nice...
nice to see the bulkheads anodized blue instead of silver...

very tempted to get one..
Old 01-05-2005, 04:31 PM
Tech Regular

I just ordered a spool yesterday and would like to know what I can expect different in handling. Also what changes to the setup are likely?
Old 01-05-2005, 04:40 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by kmorast
I just ordered a spool yesterday and would like to know what I can expect different in handling. Also what changes to the setup are likely?
did you order online??? where?

about setting your car up.....i have experience runnign spool only on nitro cars......the main difference between using a front spool to diffs is that your front suspension should be softened (both damper oil and spring) and maybe the shock position can be changed.......more vertically makes your car to react faster......and it's a must at least for nitro racing, because the initial steering response is a little bit sluggish running a spool.......don't know if it will work for electric because nitro tracks are much bigger than electric tracks and less response sometimes helps when running electric at very tight tracks.....
Old 01-05-2005, 04:42 PM
Tech Master

You can get the spool from www.speedtechrc.com , go to "Go Shop at Speed Tech," then to the aftermarket parts section, and select the speedtech parts, you'll find the Yokomo spool there.

Originally posted by SalvadoriRacing
did you order online??? where?

about setting your car up.....i have experience runnign spool only on nitro cars......the main difference between using a front spool to diffs is that your front suspension should be softened (both damper oil and spring) and maybe the shock position can be changed.......more vertically makes your car to react faster......and it's a must at least for nitro racing, because the initial steering response is a little bit sluggish running a spool.......don't know if it will work for electric because nitro tracks are much bigger than electric tracks and less response sometimes helps when running electric at very tight tracks.....
Old 01-05-2005, 04:50 PM
Tech Regular

Speed Tech has a lot of good parts for the Yokomo. I've been dealing with them for years. I looked all over the web for a spool and finally Speed Tech got them in stock again. So the spool will make the car a little sluggish going into the corner but should give it more on power steering correct.
Old 01-05-2005, 04:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

yes.....

only the steering response is sluggish, but a car with spool usually can carry higher corner speed.....

the speedtech spool works with the original diff gears/??
Old 01-05-2005, 04:58 PM
Tech Master

It works with the Front One Way Gear, that's the one I use.
Old 01-05-2005, 06:02 PM

two things guys, if your interested in a spool, a little birdie told me the guy making them won't be able to soon.

2. woo hoo, my sdw came today
Old 01-05-2005, 06:05 PM
Tech Regular

Default yokomo

stock yokomo BRAND new never raced just tested total runtime of like 2 or 3 minutes decided i will stick with oval lmk 275 plus ship it comes with custom body.lmk [email protected]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.