Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Kyosho v-one rrr

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2005, 08:09 AM
Tech Rookie

Hi guys!
I have a question concerning the RRR which I acquired recently, I feel that there may be a problem with the fuel tank,but I am not sure.
This is what happened: At our local track ,after the straight there is a big right hand sweeper and then a left hand turn onto a fast chicane. My engine which is properly tuned just go a little bit lean each time after the car finish negotiating the sweeper. The problem does not end there , the track also has a slow left hand turn on the other side ,this time the engine just go rich(also everytime i negotiate this left turn). I have checked the fuel tank but it does not leak.
I also notice that after the fuel in the fuel tank drop to a lower level, say somewhere in the mid mark, the engine goes leaner but sometime it returns to normal again.The engine in this car just fluctuate so much.Previously with my two other cars(one is a Mugen), I have never encounter such problem at all.

Hope you guys can help! Thanks!
Old 02-04-2005, 02:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally posted by Marcos.J
thats what i do know i was just trying to make it easier
with the Kyosho springs the rates all change from the beginning of compression to coil bind. You are better off just comparing two springs by puhing them toghether and looking at the difference there.
Old 02-04-2005, 04:47 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by air world
Hi guys!
I have a question concerning the RRR which I acquired recently, I feel that there may be a problem with the fuel tank,but I am not sure.
This is what happened: At our local track ,after the straight there is a big right hand sweeper and then a left hand turn onto a fast chicane. My engine which is properly tuned just go a little bit lean each time after the car finish negotiating the sweeper. The problem does not end there , the track also has a slow left hand turn on the other side ,this time the engine just go rich(also everytime i negotiate this left turn). I have checked the fuel tank but it does not leak.
I also notice that after the fuel in the fuel tank drop to a lower level, say somewhere in the mid mark, the engine goes leaner but sometime it returns to normal again.The engine in this car just fluctuate so much.Previously with my two other cars(one is a Mugen), I have never encounter such problem at all.

Hope you guys can help! Thanks!
A suggestion perhaps? Have you tried to use a pressure chamber from the tank to the pipe or a longer fuel tubing connecting the tank and pipe?

I think this commonly happens on 1/8th scale engines especially after coming out of a fast sweeper... The regulated pressure from the pressure chamber should help to maintain pressure from the pipe to the tank to get a more reliable idle.
Old 02-04-2005, 05:01 PM
afm
Tech Master

Any one has the part number of option that converts Kyosho's front diff on to solid axle????

Thanks

AFM
Old 02-04-2005, 06:18 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally posted by InitialD
A suggestion perhaps? Have you tried to use a pressure chamber from the tank to the pipe or a longer fuel tubing connecting the tank and pipe?

I think this commonly happens on 1/8th scale engines especially after coming out of a fast sweeper... The regulated pressure from the pressure chamber should help to maintain pressure from the pipe to the tank to get a more reliable idle.
Thanks Initial D, I did install one but still it didn't help
A friend of mine who also bought a RRR also suffer from this problem. Whenever the fuel level drops to a certain degree, the engene gets faster and faster,then suddenly it becomes ok again
Old 02-04-2005, 06:40 PM
Tech Elite

Thanks Initial D, I did install one but still it didn't help
A friend of mine who also bought a RRR also suffer from this problem. Whenever the fuel level drops to a certain degree, the engene gets faster and faster,then suddenly it becomes ok again
It's a common RRR problem--there is an air leak in your tank. Replace it and the problem should go away. However, to avoid this to happen again, you should get the new upper deck (read my post a few pages back) and that should help.
Old 02-04-2005, 07:44 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally posted by jeffreylin
It's a common RRR problem--there is an air leak in your tank. Replace it and the problem should go away. However, to avoid this to happen again, you should get the new upper deck (read my post a few pages back) and that should help.
Thanks Jeffreylin! I have checked and rechecked the fuel tank, but I could not find any air leak. Even after running the car, I could not find any trace of fuel seeping out of the tank,especially at the mid mark where the two halves joint.
I notice something which I am not sure whether its of any significance: When I gun the throttle,bubbles or foams start to form in the tank(this should be normal,I think). But as soon as i let go of the throttle, a very big bubble will erupt from the bottom of the tank,particularly at the fuel inlet point.Is this normal?
Old 02-04-2005, 07:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

anyone going to the winternats with the kyosho rrr who has the new radio tray. if you have an extra and will sell please let me know. please call me at 305-807-9529. i am leaving tomorrow morning so will not be able to check replies after tomorrow. thanks.
Old 02-04-2005, 09:49 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally posted by afm
Any one has the part number of option that converts Kyosho's front diff on to solid axle????

Thanks

AFM
easy shoe gloo
Old 02-04-2005, 11:30 PM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by JCB
when will the world's edition be out??
already had mine for a week, just finished building it today first race day tomorrow, well taking it easy anyway lol

make sure you got servo horns because it does not come with any, and there was not enough shims in the kit to do the clutch properly, just two little annoyances - was the regular rrr kit the same?

other then a few niggles the car looks great and should prove to be a rocket ship
Old 02-04-2005, 11:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Has anyone heard anymore about a rubber version V1RRR being available?

BB
Old 02-05-2005, 12:16 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally posted by jeffreylin
You do not need a new tank, but you need the new upper deck (or file the holes on your existing upper deck so it's about 5mm long in the front and 4mm long in the rear).
Hi Jeff may i ask what holes am i suppose to file?
Old 02-05-2005, 12:32 AM
Tech Master

Thanks Jeffreylin! I have checked and rechecked the fuel tank, but I could not find any air leak. Even after running the car, I could not find any trace of fuel seeping out of the tank,especially at the mid mark where the two halves joint.
I notice something which I am not sure whether its of any significance: When I gun the throttle,bubbles or foams start to form in the tank(this should be normal,I think). But as soon as i let go of the throttle, a very big bubble will erupt from the bottom of the tank,particularly at the fuel inlet point.Is this normal?
Could be your tank is fitted too tightly and is affected by vibration
Old 02-05-2005, 12:37 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Bundy_Bear
Has anyone heard anymore about a rubber version V1RRR being available?

BB
Kit No. 31257, was released in November.
Old 02-05-2005, 12:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally posted by NiMo
Kit No. 31257, was released in November.
NiMo:

Do you have any idea where there are available online?

BB

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.