R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-04-2005, 09:09 AM   #1306
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 6
Default

Hi guys!
I have a question concerning the RRR which I acquired recently, I feel that there may be a problem with the fuel tank,but I am not sure.
This is what happened: At our local track ,after the straight there is a big right hand sweeper and then a left hand turn onto a fast chicane. My engine which is properly tuned just go a little bit lean each time after the car finish negotiating the sweeper. The problem does not end there , the track also has a slow left hand turn on the other side ,this time the engine just go rich(also everytime i negotiate this left turn). I have checked the fuel tank but it does not leak.
I also notice that after the fuel in the fuel tank drop to a lower level, say somewhere in the mid mark, the engine goes leaner but sometime it returns to normal again.The engine in this car just fluctuate so much.Previously with my two other cars(one is a Mugen), I have never encounter such problem at all.

Hope you guys can help! Thanks!
air world is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005, 03:11 PM   #1307
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Melbourne, OZ
Posts: 1,059
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via Skype™ to JordanC
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Marcos.J
thats what i do know i was just trying to make it easier
with the Kyosho springs the rates all change from the beginning of compression to coil bind. You are better off just comparing two springs by puhing them toghether and looking at the difference there.
JordanC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005, 05:47 PM   #1308
Tech Prophet
 
InitialD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: MORDOR
Posts: 19,679
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by air world
Hi guys!
I have a question concerning the RRR which I acquired recently, I feel that there may be a problem with the fuel tank,but I am not sure.
This is what happened: At our local track ,after the straight there is a big right hand sweeper and then a left hand turn onto a fast chicane. My engine which is properly tuned just go a little bit lean each time after the car finish negotiating the sweeper. The problem does not end there , the track also has a slow left hand turn on the other side ,this time the engine just go rich(also everytime i negotiate this left turn). I have checked the fuel tank but it does not leak.
I also notice that after the fuel in the fuel tank drop to a lower level, say somewhere in the mid mark, the engine goes leaner but sometime it returns to normal again.The engine in this car just fluctuate so much.Previously with my two other cars(one is a Mugen), I have never encounter such problem at all.

Hope you guys can help! Thanks!
A suggestion perhaps? Have you tried to use a pressure chamber from the tank to the pipe or a longer fuel tubing connecting the tank and pipe?

I think this commonly happens on 1/8th scale engines especially after coming out of a fast sweeper... The regulated pressure from the pressure chamber should help to maintain pressure from the pipe to the tank to get a more reliable idle.
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005, 06:01 PM   #1309
afm
Tech Master
 
afm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: lima-peru
Posts: 1,807
Default

Any one has the part number of option that converts Kyosho's front diff on to solid axle????

Thanks

AFM
afm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005, 07:18 PM   #1310
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 6
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by InitialD
A suggestion perhaps? Have you tried to use a pressure chamber from the tank to the pipe or a longer fuel tubing connecting the tank and pipe?

I think this commonly happens on 1/8th scale engines especially after coming out of a fast sweeper... The regulated pressure from the pressure chamber should help to maintain pressure from the pipe to the tank to get a more reliable idle.
Thanks Initial D, I did install one but still it didn't help
A friend of mine who also bought a RRR also suffer from this problem. Whenever the fuel level drops to a certain degree, the engene gets faster and faster,then suddenly it becomes ok again
air world is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005, 07:40 PM   #1311
Tech Elite
 
jeffreylin's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Traction Roll!
Posts: 2,564
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by air world
Thanks Initial D, I did install one but still it didn't help
A friend of mine who also bought a RRR also suffer from this problem. Whenever the fuel level drops to a certain degree, the engene gets faster and faster,then suddenly it becomes ok again
It's a common RRR problem--there is an air leak in your tank. Replace it and the problem should go away. However, to avoid this to happen again, you should get the new upper deck (read my post a few pages back) and that should help.
jeffreylin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005, 08:44 PM   #1312
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 6
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by jeffreylin
It's a common RRR problem--there is an air leak in your tank. Replace it and the problem should go away. However, to avoid this to happen again, you should get the new upper deck (read my post a few pages back) and that should help.
Thanks Jeffreylin! I have checked and rechecked the fuel tank, but I could not find any air leak. Even after running the car, I could not find any trace of fuel seeping out of the tank,especially at the mid mark where the two halves joint.
I notice something which I am not sure whether its of any significance: When I gun the throttle,bubbles or foams start to form in the tank(this should be normal,I think). But as soon as i let go of the throttle, a very big bubble will erupt from the bottom of the tank,particularly at the fuel inlet point.Is this normal?
air world is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005, 08:54 PM   #1313
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: So Florida
Posts: 937
Default

anyone going to the winternats with the kyosho rrr who has the new radio tray. if you have an extra and will sell please let me know. please call me at 305-807-9529. i am leaving tomorrow morning so will not be able to check replies after tomorrow. thanks.
Joe Chaplow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005, 10:49 PM   #1314
Super Moderator
 
Marcos.J's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Semper Fi
Posts: 27,201
Trader Rating: 182 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by afm
Any one has the part number of option that converts Kyosho's front diff on to solid axle????

Thanks

AFM
easy shoe gloo
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2005, 12:30 AM   #1315
Tech Addict
 
Dynamite's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Australia
Posts: 614
Send a message via MSN to Dynamite
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by JCB
when will the world's edition be out??
already had mine for a week, just finished building it today first race day tomorrow, well taking it easy anyway lol

make sure you got servo horns because it does not come with any, and there was not enough shims in the kit to do the clutch properly, just two little annoyances - was the regular rrr kit the same?

other then a few niggles the car looks great and should prove to be a rocket ship
Dynamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2005, 12:37 AM   #1316
Tech Elite
 
Bundy_Bear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Brisbane, Qld
Posts: 2,682
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Has anyone heard anymore about a rubber version V1RRR being available?

BB
__________________
MissMooRC Racing
Find us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/missmoorc
Bundy_Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2005, 01:16 AM   #1317
Tech Master
 
BrainTeased's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 1,342
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by jeffreylin
You do not need a new tank, but you need the new upper deck (or file the holes on your existing upper deck so it's about 5mm long in the front and 4mm long in the rear).
Hi Jeff may i ask what holes am i suppose to file?
__________________
www.feralbatteries.com.au
BrainTeased is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2005, 01:32 AM   #1318
Tech Master
 
NiMo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Luton, England
Posts: 1,704
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by air world
Thanks Jeffreylin! I have checked and rechecked the fuel tank, but I could not find any air leak. Even after running the car, I could not find any trace of fuel seeping out of the tank,especially at the mid mark where the two halves joint.
I notice something which I am not sure whether its of any significance: When I gun the throttle,bubbles or foams start to form in the tank(this should be normal,I think). But as soon as i let go of the throttle, a very big bubble will erupt from the bottom of the tank,particularly at the fuel inlet point.Is this normal?
Could be your tank is fitted too tightly and is affected by vibration
NiMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2005, 01:37 AM   #1319
Tech Master
 
NiMo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Luton, England
Posts: 1,704
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Bundy_Bear
Has anyone heard anymore about a rubber version V1RRR being available?

BB
Kit No. 31257, was released in November.
NiMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2005, 01:41 AM   #1320
Tech Elite
 
Bundy_Bear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Brisbane, Qld
Posts: 2,682
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by NiMo
Kit No. 31257, was released in November.
NiMo:

Do you have any idea where there are available online?

BB
__________________
MissMooRC Racing
Find us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/missmoorc
Bundy_Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FOR SALE - Mugen MBX5T ProSpec and Kyosho STR with chassis conversion and Kyosho big MattWells R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 5 04-28-2017 10:25 AM
1986 1/12 Kyosho Plazma MKIII With Kyosho LeMan 600E Motor Funkymojo R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 2 05-17-2012 11:11 AM
Custom painted Kyosho SP2 and Kyosho STRR bodies.... RC3 Graphics SWEET W/ PICS CRFXXXT R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 1 01-07-2008 07:38 PM
MACH. 28/NEW PS, KYOSHO MINI INFERNO ST/W/3NEW IB1400 8 CELL PACKS, KYOSHO 1./8 BUGGY newbie2 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 5 11-18-2007 06:07 PM
Convert Kyosho Quick Start system on Kyosho QRC to Pullstart Morpheus2be Monster Trucks 0 02-16-2005 11:26 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 04:26 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net