Wiki Posts
Search

Glitching with the Spektrum Mirco Receiver

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2006, 02:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Tornado,

The Spektrum Capacitor is below Part# SPM1600 in case you have issues. Some users had to put this in for running 4 cell 1/12 scale or for whatever reason and it made problems go away in the inital release of spektrum products. It may be fluctuating power and maybe because of the small size of the receiver it doesn't have the same level of circuitry as the normal receivers, although they do claim is has everything except telemetry functionality.

Old 09-03-2006, 02:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Shookie,

You beat me to it. I linked to Stormer as well with the pic in the post.
Thanks,
Old 09-03-2006, 02:37 PM
Tech Apprentice

ive ran micro reciever using my modified ko esprit with pro module in my b4, mr4bc yok bd and my micro nitro(using 4 aa batteries to power it) and used lipo 2 with no glitches at all. just make sure u got enough voltage going to the reciever run a capacitor if ya have 2. all the glitch is when it looses signal from ure module seens there no crystals must mean ure reciever is switching off ie not enough power to it see if it does it when running 6 cell
Old 09-04-2006, 12:00 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 190mph
Tornado,

The Spektrum Capacitor is below Part# SPM1600 in case you have issues. Some users had to put this in for running 4 cell 1/12 scale or for whatever reason and it made problems go away in the inital release of spektrum products. It may be fluctuating power and maybe because of the small size of the receiver it doesn't have the same level of circuitry as the normal receivers, although they do claim is has everything except telemetry functionality.

If your running a receiver pack, you dont need the cap.. the cap is for people who dont want the receiver pack.. both work very weel to kep voltage at a prper level.. the spek cap is 6 bucks, but you can go to radio shack, and get a 10v 4000+ uf cap for about 30 cents, and wire it yourself..
Old 09-04-2006, 05:31 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

With out running a spiltter I could not install the Cap. I have all 4 slots taken in the receiver. Receiver pack, Servo, speedo, and PT. I'll keep the Cap idea in mind though. Thanks for all of the input guys, I'll be swapping receivers first and I'm hoping that will solve my issues.
Old 09-04-2006, 12:03 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

using the spektrum HRS mod and rec with my 3pks works perfect!

I've seen some guys, mostly cyclone, have glitches as they run the antenna wire between the carbon fiber, with a reroute keeping away from the CF everything is great...
Old 09-04-2006, 12:17 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JayL
using the spektrum HRS mod and rec with my 3pks works perfect!

I've seen some guys, mostly cyclone, have glitches as they run the antenna wire between the carbon fiber, with a reroute keeping away from the CF everything is great...
That is another thing I am going to do. I will run the antenna through a piece of fuel tubing from the receiver to the antenna mount.

Thanks for reminding me on the tip
Old 09-04-2006, 12:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tornado_Racing
With out running a spiltter I could not install the Cap. I have all 4 slots taken in the receiver. Receiver pack, Servo, speedo, and PT. I'll keep the Cap idea in mind though. Thanks for all of the input guys, I'll be swapping receivers first and I'm hoping that will solve my issues.
The cap is only for use if you are NOT running a receiver pack, since you are, no need for it.
Old 09-05-2006, 02:34 AM
Tech Elite

wat does the cap do?.....is it ONLY for spek or can it be used with other rx's?.....if so are theyre any performancegains?
Old 09-05-2006, 05:42 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Red face I had major problems......

I installed the micro reciver in my 1/8th scale. Took it into the parking lot of my LHS to break in a motor.

I Had been using a standard Spectrum since they came out. Had the code altered by a local electronics think tank. No problems at all.

With the change to the micro I had what you were talking about. Seemed like glitches. Not failsafe activation.

Went back in the shot and checked my battery. 5 cell AAs showed great voltage and ability to handle load. Rebound the unit.
Still had glitching. Luckily, I was just putting around.

Came back in the shop and opend the RX to check the antenna connection. Went ahead and put a new wire in it that is the same length as the original Spectrum. This seemed to clear the glitching up.

Went back to the lot to check it out. Seemed much better and more stable.
Suddenly the glitching returned at a bout 40 or so feet away. I turned the car around to bring it in.....Total Run away! The curb won. $200+ worth of damage.

I rechecked the bind and it was perfect.

Rebuilt the car and put my old receiver back in and it has been as solid as a rock.
I have since put the pro receiver in and all I can say is wow. It does make a difference.
We will see what Horizon says........

My buddy has the micro in his carpet car and he loves it.
TEX
Old 09-08-2006, 09:04 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

only 3 of my plugs work on my micro's , the binding plug doesnt have power, is this correct?
Old 09-08-2006, 09:11 AM
Tech Master

Had a glitch with my Spectrum (original) this week - it looks like it was caused by static created with my chassis / body touching down on the track surface (carpet). Adjusted chassis height, and trimmed the body and the glitch went away.
Old 09-08-2006, 09:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by duckman996
Had a glitch with my Spectrum (original) this week - it looks like it was caused by static created with my chassis / body touching down on the track surface (carpet). Adjusted chassis height, and trimmed the body and the glitch went away.
They are aware of this problem...Send in your receiver they will take care of it...
-Shookie <><
Old 09-08-2006, 09:25 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Mr. Shookie
They are aware of this problem...Send in your receiver they will take care of it...
-Shookie <><
I think mine was already updated... I will have to check.