Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree12Likes

Yokomo MR-4TC SD

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2003, 09:50 PM
Tech Adept

Headbanger: LOL

Matt: Its good that Yokomo is always improving, but it doesnt have to look like a TC3 does it? ...... or the yokomo pple are jus copying/lazy?

Anyway no offence, Im jus too free today, jus didnt want the SD identity to change to something else......

Cheers!
Old 09-04-2003, 07:13 AM
Tech Initiate

Besides this, Yokomo also came out bunch of aluminium mounts for the car on Sept. 6. And the car looks more like TB EVO 3. According to the Japanese description in the Japan Yokomo site, bunch of mounts and each charging 1280yen. And they will have the Rear Graphite Hub with degree and many more. Never ending modification....................................$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Old 09-04-2003, 07:23 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default SSS and SS shocks

Hi,

What's the difference between SSS and SS shocks ?
Old 09-04-2003, 07:31 AM
Tech Master

Onebenghui, the SSS shocks are the short shocks, and the SS shocks are the longer ones meant for the GT4. You could use either one on the chassis.

As for the moulded chassis, doesn't that heat sink look alot like the TC3 racer one? You know the one I am talking about, the black cast iron one. Looks a lower CG setup, and here's my question, which one will be stiffer, the black carbon, or the tub?
In any case, it looks good, but I am waiting for the Rayspeed chassis.

Those Shooter upper deck blocks, looks like a better camber link setup than putting it on the shock tower, and looks like a stolen pro racer idea....

Will the SSG be history? Is Associated going to take this chassis and call it the TC4? We shall see...
Old 09-04-2003, 11:22 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally posted by marzin
Its good that Yokomo is always improving, but it doesnt have to look like a TC3 does it? ...... or the yokomo pple are jus copying/lazy?
Just because it is a moulded chassis with a blue shaft down the center doesn't mean its copying or even that it looks the same. There is soooo much more to a car. Personally, even if it looked exactly like the TC3 (which would be a very bad thing IMHO), it would still be a better car, just for the fact you don't have to mill the chassis and ream out the diff cases. Besides all of the parts quality improvements, there are the adjustments and all the other subtle, yet substantial changes that make it different, and much better IMHO.

Remember, God is in the details. Look at the F1 cars -- do they look different to you? Yet they still manage to perform very differently. Amazing.....

Sorry, just tired of everyone jumping on the shaft drive = copied the TC3 bandwagon (even thought AE was't even the first shaft driven TC).
Old 09-04-2003, 11:26 AM
Tech Master

nice comparison with f1 cars
Old 09-04-2003, 01:27 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally posted by Rampant
Sorry, just tired of everyone jumping on the shaft drive = copied the TC3 bandwagon (even thought AE was't even the first shaft driven TC).
Just remember, according to the editors of RC Car Action, the TC3 might has well have been the first one, because they sold more of them than Predator did of its TC! So it had more "impact". Yeah, whatever! Never mind the difference in size and marketing potential between the two companies!

Anyway, as I've started to take a look at possibly doing some offroading this winter, I've realized that anyone who is moaning about Associated being copied, obviously hasn't seen their new B4. In off-road, the companies aren't even shy about ripping other teams ideas! If it works, the other company will take it. And no body cares!

So can somebody tell me why is this a constant topic in TC racing?
Old 09-04-2003, 01:34 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

I'm with you Rampant! I actually think Yokomo is putting out all of these different types of parts for performance not looks. I would rather have the tuning parts to set my car up and go fast than to not have them and be slow as a result. As for the molded tub chassis I would think this is for the carpet racer??? Again another tuning part that will make the car FASTER on carpet...
Old 09-04-2003, 03:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Well I think the main difference between the AE and Yokomo is that AE will do running changes without renaming the car. Yokomo on the other hand will have the same car with small changes. But instead of running changes under the same name, Yokomo will market the car with a suffix (or whatever you want to call it) after the car name. Yokomo MR4TC SP for example. Just another way to make money. But also another way for a new person to buy the car with the new parts already on it. With AE it's either hit or miss. You either get lucky with a new kit. Or be stuck with an older one left on the shelf. Blah blah blah... Just the evolution of the car..... Yokomo did it for 5 or so years with the MR4 TC. Now it's time for the SD to evolve!
Old 09-04-2003, 04:15 PM
Tech Regular

As much as I like Yokomo, I think their marketing guys have over used some words like "Special", "Limited", or "Pro". I'm not implying that they are the only ones doing it.

Also, having team driver's names doesn't make me want to buy it any more.
Old 09-04-2003, 07:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Does the shock pistons that come with the the SD go in the following order in terms of pack from least to most pack: #1, #2, #3(stock)?

The problem with my car now is slow transition speed, and I am using #3 pistons with the stock shock oil. What is the weight of the stock oil anyway? Would changing to #2 piston while still using the stock oil be enough to speed up the transition? BTW, I am using the stiffest anti-roll bar available.

Thanks!
Old 09-04-2003, 07:56 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by mo
Here are some pics of my SD with the Shooters Motor Mount and Upper Deck mounts.

mo,
Are those AE or RS blue springs?
Old 09-04-2003, 07:59 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Just droppin by the thread, I'm wondering is the Rayspeed conversion is out yet, and if anyone has tried it?
Old 09-04-2003, 08:11 PM
Tech Initiate

I have the MR-4TC SD setting sheet, but there are 2 parts in the setting sheet that I dont know.

1. Suspension mount skid angle, and
2. Suspension mount height spacer

Regard.
Old 09-04-2003, 08:16 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by Randman
Just droppin by the thread, I'm wondering is the Rayspeed conversion is out yet, and if anyone has tried it?
It will be out end of September. Tired of your fish??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.