Search
Like Tree1Likes

Xray T1FK05

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2005, 10:19 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

LOL at berger -
Its now "cool" to hate xray like most people hate Schumacher in F1, we know the hobby isnt cheap, suck it up or go drive a cheaper kit like a TC4.
Old 03-22-2005, 10:29 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

You totally missed my point, I like the car and I owned xray in the last 3 years but I don't like the marketing strategy they use to suck my wallet nowadays.

I wanted to discuss this with you guys and learn your thinking but talking with "suckitup bergers" is just waste of time.

Schumacher is my favourite
Old 03-22-2005, 10:37 AM
Tech Master

Is the sway bar kit from the fk04 compatible with the fk05? Just purchased the kit and not sure but I assume it doesn't come with it.
Old 03-22-2005, 10:45 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Lino- I am pretty sure its the same sway bar, because the arms, and front bumper are the exact same (which are the only things that actually come in contact with the swaybar).

Peter- Congrats on the win! Your stuff was dialed all weekend, you deserve it!

BTW, I cant emphasize enough how dailed and happy I am with my xray. I dont have to do anything but put tires on my car and its MINT. Ask anyone who saw 19t A2, lol
Old 03-22-2005, 10:55 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

BUtter and Strasnik-were you guys wheeling your FK's or FK05's?
Old 03-22-2005, 11:00 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by Isaac
Uh I thought they do come with the multidiff....

http://www.teamxray.com/teamxray/pro...1&menu_id=1281
I just picked my 05 today and it came with a ball diff as stated.

As far as the shocks go, I used to hate them and even thought of dishing it out for Tamiya's shocks. But after experimenting with them for a week, I finally found a method that lets me rebuild them (all 4) in less than 25 min. with perfect rebounding in each shock. The stock FK kit's diaphrams were to stiff and short. But I picked up a tip from here and tried the Serpent diaphrams and I've raced them for over a month with no signs of air and still all four have equal pressure. It's truly amazing. I have new found love and repect for the shock design. I think Xray just needs better directions on building them. If your interested in my method, I'll post later how I now build them.

And to all the Xray haters, I don't blame you. But I believe "to each their own." I choose Xray because of US & UK racer support. As well as, the company's on line support. TonyV and Mario try to answer all questions when possible. I know that there are questions of mine that are ignored or missed, but hey, you can't please the world. Losi keeps putting off their new car because of testing and refinements, but you don't see drama in their thread because you hardly get feedback from them. Hodge is the only one I see posting there. Losi fans just have to sit and wait. I also believe that you get what you pay for. I know I can rely on the quality of my Xray kits and parts. If you have problems with the shock eye-lets, freakin tap them out. This is a model kit and all kits need attention. At least you don't have to blue-print your drive train like some other kits. So whatever you run, don't talk the talk and just lay it down. Winning says it all.
Old 03-22-2005, 11:04 AM
Tech Rookie

We (Swiss-RC) received our FK'05 yesterday (Monday 21) from the Swiss distributor.

I build one car with one of my team drivers, and made a complete review. Here is the url: http://www.swiss-rc.ch/2005/2005_03_22_X-Ray_FK05.php

The report is in french (sorry), but I think everybody can understand the pictures and I think that may bring some informations to customers.

We'll probably test the FK'05 tomorrow at CRF (2004 Carpet World Cup track), where we usually have race or training. So we have a good basis and knowledge with the FK 2004, and could well start with the new car. May be Arnaud Buffat (5th at the first round of Swiss Championship) and me will go to a Grand Prix this week-end to test the car in race conditions.

Last edited by Swiss-RC; 03-22-2005 at 12:21 PM.
Old 03-22-2005, 11:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Ray-FK04
Old 03-22-2005, 11:19 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by kidDynomite
I also believe that you get what you pay for. I know I can rely on the quality of my Xray kits and parts.
You certainly do get what you pay for. IMO you really cant argue the fit & finish of xray cars. Everything fits very nicely. Ive build a number of cars from different companies and the xray is a dream. Hell i even like the shocks.

Race what you want, any top level car can be a winner in the right hands.

Haters gonna hate, playas gonna play.
Old 03-22-2005, 11:39 AM
Tech Master

Ray-FK04 too, I did get to hold dumas's 05 in my hand though
Old 03-22-2005, 11:44 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Pooop-I was hoping you guys ran the fk05 at this race in 19t. I already know how good the FK04 is in high traction
Old 03-22-2005, 11:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 87 (100%+)

Man this really got me wanting my kit now! If a person drives to dallas can he get directly from RC America.
Originally posted by Swiss-RC
We (Swiss-RC) received our FK'05 yesterday (Monday 21) from the Swiss distributor.

I build one car with one of my team drivers, and made a complete review. Here is the url: http://www.swiss-rc.ch/2005/2005_03_2_X-Ray_FK05.php

The report is in french (sorry), but I think everybody can understand the pictures and I think that may bring some informations to customers.

We'll probably test the FK'05 tomorrow at CRF (2004 Carpet World Cup track), where we usually have race or training. So we have a good basis and knowledge with the FK 2004, and could well start with the new car. May be Arnaud Buffat (5th at the first round of Swiss Championship) and me will go to a Grand Prix this week-end to test the car in race conditions.
Old 03-22-2005, 11:52 AM
Tech Master

Looks like you could do a basic conversion with a top/bottom plate, standoffs and bulkheads

I need a bottom plate and bulkheads anyway. I'm gonna check out how the local guy's FK05s run 1st
Old 03-22-2005, 11:59 AM
Tech Regular

Default There here...

Well guy's there here, finally!

I'm in Maryland.

Just picked mine up from my local Hobbytown...

Start to build tonight...
Old 03-22-2005, 12:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally posted by Midnight
Man this really got me wanting my kit now! If a person drives to dallas can he get directly from RC America.
nope, they don't sell direct.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.