mid and main shafts
graphite towers
alum shocks
titanium screws
AMB personal transponder
body (110 grams painted)
NS12 S3 A1 motor
Skyline racing pipe (dunno if lighter)
Oneway front diff (thats about 20-30grams there if I remember right)
Depends on your tires, mine are foam and 59mm (about 10g per tire lighter than rubber)
I have graphite lower front pin braces
Graphite side brace
Graphite arm set (a bit lighter as well)

The last 3 items are really the only "hopups" on my 2004 kit.

Looks like it is the battery and one-way mostly. So you replaced the hinge pins with graphite rods? I am still considering the GPM titanium parts you listed previously. Kinda weird thought, they list the weight of the pivot balls at similar to the stock ones. I thought you had stated they were indeed lighter though.

BTW - The BSR rubber capped tires w/ JACO rims are the same weight as my foams; 25 g each. You should try the RED Pro Lites once.

http://www.bsr-racing.com

Thanks for the info.
Old 06-02-2005, 10:45 PM
Tech Fanatic

JAG' you are correct, Actually my car now weighs around 1826 grams with the hpi M3 painted body, I guess I really need to work on the battery, minne weighs 130 grams... thats too much, but for now Im happy with the results lol... I will try a run at the impacts this weekend and see what happens...
Old 06-02-2005, 10:46 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by nsxshogun
Klander show some pics of the deck.
Dont have my camera with me, but as soon as I get it back I will post some pics of it ok...
Old 06-02-2005, 10:47 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by JAG Racing
Looks like it is the battery and one-way mostly. So you replaced the hinge pins with graphite rods? I am still considering the GPM titanium parts you listed previously. Kinda weird thought, they list the weight of the pivot balls at similar to the stock ones. I thought you had stated they were indeed lighter though.

BTW - The BSR rubber capped tires w/ JACO rims are the same weight as my foams; 25 g each. You should try the RED Pro Lites once.

http://www.bsr-racing.com

Thanks for the info.
My foams are 19g for the fronts and 22g for the rears, so there is a bit more weight. I have replaced the lower purple front hingepin braces, not the hingepins themselves. My latest car does not have the GPM pivotballs in it, I am using the standard items. They definately were lighter however, I cant find my notes with exactly how much.
Old 06-02-2005, 10:49 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by AMGRacer
I have LW chassis
LW batt (42g) (Thats 20 grams there)
LW 2-speed
mid and main shafts
graphite towers
alum shocks
titanium screws
AMB personal transponder
body (110 grams painted)
NS12 S3 A1 motor
Depends on your tires, mine are foam and 59mm (about 10g per tire lighter than rubber)
Graphite side brace

Hey you guys I was weighing my engine and it was at 402 grams with the header, tuned pipe, filter element... I dont know if thats heavy, I have a team orion wasp .12 3 port engine__
Old 06-02-2005, 10:51 PM
Tech Fanatic

My foams are 19g for the fronts and 22g for the rears, so there is a bit more weight. I have replaced the lower purple front hingepin braces, not the hingepins themselves. My latest car does not have the GPM pivotballs in it, I am using the standard items. They definately were lighter however, I cant find my notes with exactly how much.
I use ellegi foams and both front and rear weigh at around 20 to 22 grams each... Right now I was weighing my car with brand new tire also...
Old 06-02-2005, 11:53 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by KLANDERMAN
Hey you guys I was weighing my engine and it was at 402 grams with the header, tuned pipe, filter element... I dont know if thats heavy, I have a team orion wasp .12 3 port engine__
My world champ edition Sirio with pipe and filter and no engine mounts is 303g.
Old 06-03-2005, 02:29 AM
Tech Master

My world champ edition Sirio with pipe and filter and no engine mounts is 303g.

Ouch! Thats 100 grams less then the Wasp! Even if Klanderman had his engine mounts on, they can't weigh that much. Amazing. I always assumed that all engines were fairly close in weight.
Old 06-03-2005, 03:35 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Rapid Roy
Ouch! Thats 100 grams less then the Wasp! Even if Klanderman had his engine mounts on, they can't weigh that much. Amazing. I always assumed that all engines were fairly close in weight.
I am surprised as well!! I did not think there would be much in it, I wonder if his pipe is really heavy?? The sirio pipe is quite lightweight.
Old 06-03-2005, 05:27 AM
Tech Adept

I have LW chassis
LW batt (42g) (Thats 20 grams there)
LW 2-speed
mid and main shafts
graphite towers
alum shocks
titanium screws
AMB personal transponder
body (110 grams painted)
NS12 S3 A1 motor
Graphite side brace

Our car is the same except
- Titanium pivot balls
- 5 AAA reciever pack Homemade glued to cover
- RD Logics pipe
- 59mm Jacos
- Protoform Mazda 6

Now its 1770g
So how where do I find another 45g for ROAR minimum?

Andy
Old 06-03-2005, 07:09 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Rapid Roy
I forgot to mention the engine mounts were on and so is the flywheel and clutch system, including the clutch bell and servo horn... sorry for the mixup, but still thats a lot of weight or not?
Old 06-03-2005, 07:15 AM
Tech Fanatic

I just ordered a lola from ace hardware. So all my stuff motor, parts. and body and tires should be here by next wendsay. I hope to hit the track on thursday. Now I'm wondering how should I paint it. Klander do you mind if I take your design!!
Old 06-03-2005, 07:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Most likely that's quite a bit of weight there. I never thought of tossing anything more on the R40, but I guess it would benefit from the engine mounts and LW chassis. I ordered two sets of LW spur gears for my R40. The 8th will be kept aside till I learn how to drive it more and then it will be running at the track. For now the R40 is what I'm very used to. The floating rear mount trick is scrap as I'd need an actual working one that fits the car properly. They work great with even TC bodies. Right now just gonna get those two upgrades and then slowly build up on spare parts for each car as right now I'm still trying to get a real car. It's quite hard at the moment trying to find a good deal.
Old 06-03-2005, 07:16 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by StoneMan
Our car is the same except
- Titanium pivot balls
- 5 AAA reciever pack Homemade glued to cover
- RD Logics pipe
- 59mm Jacos
- Protoform Mazda 6

Now its 1770g
So how where do I find another 45g for ROAR minimum?

Andy
You need to get rid of the Rx box, thats like 18 grams and the battery box, did you get rid of that or do you still have it? Because thats another 20 grams. my Rx is in a balloon with out the platic case which was 10 grams... So if you do this you'll be 28 grams less and 48 grams less if you have not taken the battery box out...
Old 06-03-2005, 07:17 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by nsxshogun
I just ordered a lola from ace hardware. So all my stuff motor, parts. and body and tires should be here by next wendsay. I hope to hit the track on thursday. Now I'm wondering how should I paint it. Klander do you mind if I take your design!!
Go for it bro... the more the merrier lol...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.