Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SpeedWorld NEW SJ'R Sorex pre-mounted Racing tires

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2009, 10:56 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Forgot to say that the rubber on my SJR36s looked fairly weird after their very first use on asphalt. THAT'S NORMAL. Not sure why this happens; but, keep using them.

Bill
Old 07-26-2009, 11:04 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Verndog
If you wanted best scenario for mains... you'd make 2 runs then run 3 for mains then? Kinda a different stratagy...but doable if they last longer.
Missed answering this...

I would say that the SJRs came in after 2-3 runs with my TC using SPX/13.5 motor. May have depended somewhat on the outdoor heat that day.

Are you indoor or outdoor?

Bill
Old 07-26-2009, 11:16 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Still Bill
Missed answering this...

I would say that the SJRs came in after 2-3 runs with my TC using SPX/13.5 motor. May have depended somewhat on the outdoor heat that day.

Are you indoor or outdoor?

Bill
Large outdoor track, blown off parking lot with mountain dew for grip. Grip can vary depending on layout, temps, ect.. But the comparison I made was same day from run 2 to 3. Outside temp low 90's. I found some 32's at Nexus...may pick a couple up for Am quals for the Summer Sizzler in 2 weeks.

Here is a peak at the track
Old 07-27-2009, 08:23 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

These tires are definitely getting better with age. They still have considerable glossy tread after 3 full race days of 27T racing on asphalt (3 5-minute practices, 6 4-minute heats & 3 5-minute mains). After switching from an old nasty can of Jack-the-gripper, which was the experts recommendation, to Paragon FX-II (only thing available) grip went WAY up.

The funny wear in the beginning didn't seem to effect the tires whatsoever. They are still holding up beautifully. I can easily place in the top half of the A-main now, and hold my own agianst drivers that should DEFINITELY be running in the expert class.

Can't wait for the black rims Billy, so keep us posted. Hope to get a couple sets for the next race (Aug 7th)...

Last edited by 94eg!; 07-27-2009 at 12:14 PM.
Old 07-27-2009, 10:49 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by 94eg!
These tires are definitely getting better with age. They still have considerable glossy tread after 3 full race days of 27T racing on asphalt (3 5-minute practices, 6 4-minute heats & 3 5-minute mains). After switching from Jack-the-gripper, which was the experts recommendation, to Paragon FX-II (only thing available) grip went WAY up.

The funny wear in the beginning didn't seem to effect the tires whatsoever. They are still holding up beautifully. I can easily place in the top half of the A-main now, and hold my own agianst drivers that should DEFINITELY be running in the expert class.

Can't wait for the black rims Billy, so keep us posted. Hope to get a couple sets for the next race (Aug 7th)...
The FX-II was better in your opinion? I use jack the gripper too.
Old 07-27-2009, 12:13 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by redbones
The FX-II was better in your opinion? I use jack the gripper too.
Don't follow my experience as I'm no expert. I would borrow some FX2 & give it a try before you go out and buy some. The Jack I have is an old nearly empty can given to me by a fellow racer who didn't know where he even got it from. So who knows what was actually inside. Honestly that stuff felt like I was putting absolutely nothing on the tires at all. Difference was night & day when I switched to FX2...

FYI: The experts at our track use Jack and they are over a second faster than my limited skills. FX2 is just the only thing they carry at the shop...

My method:
- Clean w/ simple green
- Sauce w/ FX2 10 minutes before race
- Scrub sauce 5 minutes before race
- Clean & scrub w/ simple green

Tires are so sticky afterwards that the car will lift my aluminum setup board right off the table. If you avoid any practice laps and place your car directly on the starting grid, you will have insane grip for the first lap. It's a good way to bump up a couple places at the start....

...That is if you drive with people that don't just all pile into the first turn. <_<

Last edited by 94eg!; 07-27-2009 at 12:25 PM.
Old 07-28-2009, 11:52 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hello everyone, I received 40 sets of the SJ-R 36R'S with the BLACK Prism Wheels in stock today. They look pretty cool.

I will have a picture to sed REDRC.NET in a few days and I am sure they will post it up asap.

I am going to talk to Jac about selling sets of wheels only this week and get back with you all asap.

Thanks Billy
Old 07-28-2009, 11:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Originally Posted by YLLIB
Hello everyone, I received 40 sets of the SJ-R 36R'S with the BLACK Prism Wheels in stock today. They look pretty cool.

I will have a picture to sed REDRC.NET in a few days and I am sure they will post it up asap.

I am going to talk to Jac about selling sets of wheels only this week and get back with you all asap.

Thanks Billy
I might just have to come by today and buy a set
Old 07-28-2009, 11:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Originally Posted by YLLIB

Thanks Billy
Can the black wheels be purchased from the Website?
Old 07-28-2009, 01:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by IIGQ4U
Can the black wheels be purchased from the Website?
The pre-mounts can be purchased from the web-site not the wheels yet.

GO to www.speedworldraceway.com to purchase on the mail order screen. Our new SJ-R web-site I am still working on. I am visiting the web master next Monday to finish the new SJ-R site.

thanks Billy
Old 07-28-2009, 06:50 PM
Tech Champion

Jack the Gripper is the choice of many major carpet races because they have to. Smell is minimal and it works well after the grip comes up.

FX-II can be great for cooler weather; but, I follow Billy's previously posted instructions for dealing with the SJ-R sets under most conditions...being Tire Tweak followed by Buggy Grip as he described.

Bill
Old 07-28-2009, 11:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Can we call in our order and have them shipped?
Old 07-29-2009, 05:35 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BlackedOutREVO
I might just have to come by today and buy a set
Why???? You gonna run with us anytime soon? You missed some fun at the cup
Old 07-29-2009, 11:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Originally Posted by STLNLST
Why???? You gonna run with us anytime soon? You missed some fun at the cup
Actually, I shall be out pretty soon here. Just waiting on a last bit of $$$ to roll in, and im set.

LOL I had plenty of fun in the pits, you guys are funny as heck
Old 07-29-2009, 11:42 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Verndog
....After changing to the SJR's from a 6 run spedmind I clearly lost grip....
Guess I'm going to need to clarify this comment after reviewing lap times from the races compared. I lost an average of 4 total seconds in 5 min mod, between tire changes if all other things are equal which can be a stretch with me .

So I guess more then anything they are different, the car was looser, but I was getting better rotation. So...mainly had to drive different. I guess I'll stay the course, check and watch wear, tune for these tires, and get more info.

Thanks to those for the suggestions.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.