The future of Rc..not so bright??

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The future of Rc..not so bright??

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2016, 10:40 AM
Tech Champion

The RC8T CE, the race car I have, WAS on the market for about seven years actually.. Now that they came out with the new one you can't give it away. Ha ha.. Body styles and tires changed.. But screw all the new tires - give me some Proline Crimefighters..

I still think "development" in RC offroad car racing is way overrated. It's a money-making racket and little more.

And I mean, AE.. Even if they bring out a new RC the pros still run Frankencars. What pros run being so relevant, you know? (Ironic comment, in case that gets lost on the internet..)

A good driver/setter-upper would still dominate with the original RC8T, old style body and all, against some scrub like me with the flashiest newest Tekno or whatever else..
Old 06-27-2016, 11:08 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by bash bros
Yeah, electronics are ridiculous. Servos, receivers, transponders... that's $400- $500 right there. Next car I build I'm tempted to get some cheap servos. I've had $30 Turnigy servos that were actually pretty nice, and almost the same thing as Savox for 1/3 of the $$$
I'd agree about receivers and ESC's. $150 is too much for an Rx. But not servo's. A servo is pretty much a mini brushless ESC and motor in one unit. Pretty much the most complex component in any RC. And there is a "feel" certain servo have.

I could also btch about the cost of transponders, but since AMB has pretty much had flawless reliability for the past 20 years, it's worth the $120.

Motors are cheaper now. As long as you avoid the boutique brand ones (assuming you aren't running stock).
Old 06-27-2016, 11:17 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by racer1812
"Every 6 months"..thank Xray for that, aren't they down to about 4 months for each version now?..
!

I used to think that was a bad idea to. But, Losi and AE keep selling the exact same car year after year. And every year, there's more and more obsolete parts on those cars that need to get tossed every time you build a new roller.

With Xray, you can run the car you bought. Way less parts upgrades needed. If any. The car you buy, is as close to the car the pro's prefer, as possible.

As long as you can avoid Jones'in for the new car, it's a non-issue. But if you replace your roller every 12 months, even 24 months, then Xray's game plan works out great.

The best example is the 2014/2015 Xray XB4. The hottest way to run those cars, currently, required massive amounts of change. Now that the 2016 version is out, no changes are needed anymore. It would stink to buy the 2014 version of the car knowing that it needed $200 of changes.
Old 06-27-2016, 11:51 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Herrsavage
The RC8T CE, the race car I have, WAS on the market for about seven years actually.. Now that they came out with the new one you can't give it away. Ha ha.. Body styles and tires changed.. But screw all the new tires - give me some Proline Crimefighters..

I still think "development" in RC offroad car racing is way overrated. It's a money-making racket and little more.

And I mean, AE.. Even if they bring out a new RC the pros still run Frankencars. What pros run being so relevant, you know? (Ironic comment, in case that gets lost on the internet..)

A good driver/setter-upper would still dominate with the original RC8T, old style body and all, against some scrub like me with the flashiest newest Tekno or whatever else..

I agree that to race you really don't need the latest car or truck but I used to drive the RC8T CE and now I have the new one and it's very different. Of course the RC8T is not a common thing since it had so many years between each one.

The racers have all the fault on the chassis of the week thing. The companies are designing cars for the worlds tracks. I mean if the track for the World Championship is hard packed the cars is different than one for a loamy track. But we the racers think that the new car will make us faster. That is probably true if the chassis design is better for those conditions. But most of the time it won't make any difference.
Old 06-27-2016, 12:13 PM
Tech Champion

Exactly.
Old 06-27-2016, 03:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Tires! I get my 8th scale buggy tire premounts from GQ in Hong Kong. I have only gotten them once, this year. $22 a set of 4 after the conversion. They are a little bit heavier than AKA, but at my level it really doesn't matter. They took quite a while to get and they charged actual freight for shipping but I think it was a wise investment. I bought I think 28 sets of different compounds and tread patterns, a couple wings, some air filters and some exhaust gaskets and it was around $650 total shipped. Not too bad and I have tires that will last me the whole year. Their truggy premounts are the same price.

I am not shilling for GQ as I have been accused of in the past. I used to be sponsored by them 50% when I ran onroad about 10 years ago. Back when they had a US distributor.

Just trying to help someone save some money. Order them in advance, like I said, it takes a while to get them. But, good quality and a great price. I think it took about a month to get my shipment, but it was over Chinese New Year also.
Old 06-27-2016, 05:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by YANMAN
I was around when Kendall started, it was National RC back then. Ok I used Amain. You used Tower and EBay. All online shops. Hell, Tower(great planes/hobbico) is who distributes the most expensive stuff in the hobby OS and Futaba. Amain is great. It's where I have had to buy most of my stuff. We now have a race shop to support us and I plan on supporting them.
LOL wow, Amain never had anything to do with National RC.
Old 06-29-2016, 08:40 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I thought about this thread Saturday while attending the local club race.

Watching a track full of guys spend $20.00 a class to race for a 9 hour day in the VA summer sun sure made the future look pretty good. Laughs were had , jokes were told ... There was a intense battle in nitro for the win , but the cussing came from the back of the pack and didn't last long . Prizes were given out , kids were playing ... I guess there is a lot to be said for perspective.
Old 06-29-2016, 09:58 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 377 (100%+)

People with money and love for Rc racing open tracks, nobody opens a Rc track to get rich. Look for the richest guy in your town and get him into the hobby, perhaps you will get lucky and he'll open a track in your area. Sounds silly ? Then borrow money and open a track. Either way it's a thankless proposition cause Rc racers are gonna complain about something and you will never make everybody happy. I hate humans ! Always messing up what's fun in life
Old 06-29-2016, 10:23 AM
Tech Lord

Over here a group of people form a club with a membership fee. With that they can talk with the city council and the banks so they can build a permanent track.

As a member you have acces to the track and club races.
Old 06-29-2016, 12:59 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Roelof
Over here a group of people form a club with a membership fee. With that they can talk with the city council and the banks so they can build a permanent track.

As a member you have acces to the track and club races.
Problems that there are council members that will swat you away like flies if they cannot get top dollars for the land.
Even guys with money will stay away from you with a 10 foot pole if they can't profit from it.
Understandable with so much butt-hurt people complaining.
Had to get it out lol /endrant
Old 06-29-2016, 01:05 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by peter george
People with money and love for Rc racing open tracks, nobody opens a Rc track to get rich. Look for the richest guy in your town and get him into the hobby, perhaps you will get lucky and he'll open a track in your area. Sounds silly ? Then borrow money and open a track. Either way it's a thankless proposition cause Rc racers are gonna complain about something and you will never make everybody happy. I hate humans ! Always messing up what's fun in life
Business is business, if it is not profitable even by very little it won't stay open for long.Imagine not making profit and hear complaints about the track's condition.
Old 06-29-2016, 01:05 PM
Tech Champion

I personally cannot accept paying dues every month to a club, when you can't even use the track half the year (or more) due to weather.. And again, some of the race days you plan during the good time will also be rained out.
Old 06-29-2016, 01:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

way too much complaining by guys who dont even race.
the only reasonnthe future is not so bright is jackoffs complaining everything isnt how they want it.
rc attracts some great people, it also seems to attract allot of self centered adult children, ive raced a few forms of motorsport and the whiners in rc is unreal.
consider this if it was work and you came in with the attitude that everything would be better if it was done your way, you would be fired or suspended due to lowering moral.

racing cost money, unless you want to foot race this is the cheapest way to race.
Old 06-30-2016, 07:08 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Herrsavage
I personally cannot accept paying dues every month to a club, when you can't even use the track half the year (or more) due to weather.. And again, some of the race days you plan during the good time will also be rained out.
People acting like you destroyed so many tracks here in germany..just complain..too expensive to get into a club because u cant drive 24/7 ..but its germany so clubs are the best way to maintain our offroad tracks..
IF someone open a professional track..like in USA you would complain that he will charge 25€/day...like its at the inddor track in PAdua/Italy
driving in a club isnt a costly thing..its about 10€/Month..ans some hours of ur manpower for maintance..

Nobdy is forced to buy the newest stuff..it wont make u faster anyway..so why complain about the RC companies because they want to earn money in this very small hobby?

Compared to other motorsports..or even other RC Hobby this is not expensive..you could have fun at parking lots..or some club races

for me the main prob in this hobby is the youth.. i have a 15yrs old son..sometimes he comes to races with me..but i have to wrench his buggy..just because he ist fast with PS4 or his smartfone..its hard to get new people into this hobby..
Wehen i was young RC cars where High-Tech..so when i grwon up and earn my own money i fullfilled my young boy dream and bought my first RC car..

today the kids have other dreams.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.